The ultimate Mk2 wheel whore thread

I would like to put some nice aftermarket alloys on my red VRS. I was looking at arctic white 18" wheels, does anyone think this would look nice? I'm trying to picture my car with the alloys, does anyone have a picture of a red Skoda vrs with white alloys on they can put on this forum?

I think red is the only colour that would carry it off nicely IMO, or maybe yellow. Here is a picture from another thread on here, although these are 19"s B)

Seat-Leon-Cupra-R-2011-widescreen-14.jpg

I would like to put some nice aftermarket alloys on my red VRS. I was looking at arctic white 18" wheels, does anyone think this would look nice? I'm trying to picture my car with the alloys, does anyone have a picture of a red Skoda vrs with white alloys on they can put on this forum?

I used to have a red Subaru Impreza WRX with white alloys and it looked excellent (even if I do say so myself).

Just catching up on this one. Have you not bought anything over the weekend Bry? :D

That previously posted Combi by Nick = WIN, btw B)

Going back to the CXTs, I reckon that's a good look. Not seen any on a VAG that I can think of either. Good company and reputation - strong, pretty light and not a bad price considering they're effectively bespoke and you can specify your offset. Worth a thought :yes:

Right, I may have found my answer (sorry Brim for jumping onto this thread!). Does the 54 offset seem right for genuine BBS?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Audi-BBS-18-Alloys-wheels-A3-A4-S3-TT-Golf_W0QQitemZ180624208562QQcategoryZ28648QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7084992408845297359

How would these 'sit' in the arches with this offset? Still need my 15mm spacers for the rear or not?

Edited by Moley RUFC

Yes, they look right to me. I'd go for a lower offset if you can, as stated 8x18 on an ET45 works well. They just sit better in the arches IMO and the stance looks better, especially when lowered.

As mentioned before I have 8x18 ET42 Turinis on mine and they work well too.

But if the deal's right you could go for them and add spacers, at least to the rear. Only issue I'd say there is that for decent hubcentric they need to be 15mm minimum to work, so you'll end up with an ET39 on the rear. Could cause some rubbing? Also, decent spacers aren't particularly cheap, so can make wheel purchases more expensive overall, then if you wait for something with a more suitable offset to turn up....

8.5 x 19”

ET45

5x112 PCD

wills these fit my 2010 octavia vrs

the people i am buying them from have insisted that they will

from what I understand which is not great as offsets etc confuse the hell out of me the correct size for 19" should be 5x112 et48 (if I'm incorrect please tell me the error of my way) but the size you stated does fit a mk6 golf if that helps any

I do remember there being a post on here that explains the offset and how to work it out

Slightly heavier 11.6 for the BBS CH 19"

I've still got a bit of a thing about those Rays, even though nobody else has :'(

And I might be able to get them for £850 B)

Yes, they look right to me. I'd go for a lower offset if you can, as stated 8x18 on an ET45 works well. They just sit better in the arches IMO and the stance looks better, especially when lowered.

As mentioned before I have 8x18 ET42 Turinis on mine and they work well too.

But if the deal's right you could go for them and add spacers, at least to the rear. Only issue I'd say there is that for decent hubcentric they need to be 15mm minimum to work, so you'll end up with an ET39 on the rear. Could cause some rubbing? Also, decent spacers aren't particularly cheap, so can make wheel purchases more expensive overall, then if you wait for something with a more suitable offset to turn up....

Just on that point Wardy, I have some 15mm Hubcentric spacers already and planned to use them on my OEM Neptunes when the Eibachs were fitted. Correct me if I'm wrong but this would give me an ET36 on OEM wheels which as oobster has shown on his thread http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/191039-some-updates-to-my-2010-vrs/ seem to work okay without rubbing. An ET39 would take the wheel 3mm further away from potential rubbing wouldn't it?

Doesn't help me on the fronts though, so perhaps I'd still need 10mm spacers back to ET44. I could always swap my 15mm for 10mm spacers (if they make them) and make all four wheels sit on 18 x 7.5 x ET44.

Just on that point Wardy, I have some 15mm Hubcentric spacers already and planned to use them on my OEM Neptunes when the Eibachs were fitted. Correct me if I'm wrong but this would give me an ET36 on OEM wheels which as oobster has shown on his thread http://briskoda.net/...to-my-2010-vrs/ seem to work okay without rubbing. An ET39 would take the wheel 3mm further away from potential rubbing wouldn't it?

Doesn't help me on the fronts though, so perhaps I'd still need 10mm spacers back to ET44. I could always swap my 15mm for 10mm spacers (if they make them) and make all four wheels sit on 18 x 7.5 x ET44.

Combined with the offset you need to consider wheel width. Mine are 8J on a 42; I believe the OEM Neptune is an 7.5x18. But if someone else has reported no problems, then some of the work's been done for you :)

An effective ET39 moves the wheel 3mm further in from the arch, compared with ET36. So in theory, on 7.5J OEM wheels, you'd stand less chance of arch rubbing, yes.

On the front, if memory serves you won't be able to use a hubcentric-type spacer, as there's not enough metal at 10mm to make them reliably.

Does get a touch complicated sometimes with these things doesn't it? :yes:

Cheers,

Steve

Combined with the offset you need to consider wheel width. Mine are 8J on a 42; I believe the OEM Neptune is an 7.5x18. But if someone else has reported no problems, then some of the work's been done for you :)

An effective ET39 moves the wheel 3mm further in from the arch, compared with ET36. So in theory, on 7.5J OEM wheels, you'd stand less chance of arch rubbing, yes.

On the front, if memory serves you won't be able to use a hubcentric-type spacer, as there's not enough metal at 10mm to make them reliably.

Does get a touch complicated sometimes with these things doesn't it? :yes:

Cheers,

Steve

Just a bit complicated! Also difficult to imagine without seeing it in the metal. Frustrating really as spacers I have already, on the rear with these wheels I found http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180624208562&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT would look great as the are a 7.5 x 18 wheel, the same as the OEM Neptune I presume.

The issue will be whether once lowered 20mm the extra 3mm lost on the front compared to the ET51 OEM wheels will look flush enough. Thoughts?

:S

Edited by Moley RUFC

Just a bit complicated! Also difficult to imagine without seeing it in the metal. Frustrating really as spacers I have already, on the rear with these wheels I found http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT would look great as the are a 7.5 x 18 wheel, the same as the OEM Neptune I presume.

The issue will be whether once lowered 20mm the extra 3mm lost on the front compared to the ET51 OEM wheels will look flush enough. Thoughts?

:S

7.5" ET54 plus 15mm spacer will give you 7.5 ET39

A 8.0" is in total 12.7mm wider (in both directions) so will stick, with similar ET, out a 6.35mm more.

8.0" ET44 is on the safe side and is comparable to 7.5" ET44-6.35=37.65.

Means, they will fit flush and your car can be lowered to the max. :yes:

Edited by magic62