" Are you Happy at Work "

Very. :yes:

I run my own business. Have done for 10 years.

In that time it's gone from 6 minibuses to 90.

Hard going in the beginning though, didn't take any salary at all for the first six months.

I do, love driving Trains........................emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Very happy in my job, thanks, playing with a HUGE train set. B)

And sometimes I can be a spiteful "bobby" and stop Auric playing at being a driver :giggle:

Very. :yes:

I run my own business. Have done for 10 years.

In that time it's gone from 6 minibuses to 90.

Hard going in the beginning though, didn't take any salary at all for the first six months.

I take my hat off to you sir, coming from someone with a young business I can safely say that you've obviously worked bloody hard!

Not really - the only thing that keeps me going is that the more I work the more my payslip. They are taking overtime away though, so I'm out looking for another job. Ideal heaven would be working at a VW dealership.

Very happy. Sure I don't earn a massive amount but job is good, all colleagues are sound, work is a bit varied and actually gets my brain working. Keeps the mongrel on the road. Wouldn't change it unless someone paid me £100k p.a. to give Kelly Brook full body massages....

Love it.

2 days a week I get to 200+ miles round trips in the vRS, and get paid for it.

(Downside is that amounts to 20k a year and bits are starting to get worn out and costing money :S )

On reflection very happy- doing what I trained to do years ago professionally, mixed with management. Spend about a quarter of my time being paid to drive through beautiful countryside in subsidised lease car (Superb on way on 8 weeks) work with very nice people in a presuured environment and get real sense of achievement (sometimes).

Really landed lucky in this life :D

OK............. so I started a "Who in for a Pay rise" and " How many Hours do you Work " so here's the next

" Are you Happy at Work do you enjoy your Job"

I do, love driving Trains........................emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Yes. My job combines International Trade, IT and helping companies grow their business here and abroad which, if done right, allieviates poverty.

Train driving always has a boys with toys appeal, like mine with cargo aircraft and ships. Also worried about the downer with trains of the jumpers. We had a 16 year old do this a few days ago at Bromsgrove ie about 5 mile up the tracks. They do not consider, I presume, the affect on the train driver. police, ambulance and others.

Edited by lol

Nope. Waiting to see if my job is secure or if I'm going to get made reduntant. And, yes I do work for the MoD :(

its a big toos up and im at a time in my job where a new role has opend up to me and my current dept are making it worth my while staying.

both jobs pay well, the people are alright (not all of them) and come to think about it its only the few ppl who make my day **** that make me want to leave....

jobs pretty sweet, sit on my arse, build quotes. get paid!

I'm living the dream . . . . B)

. . . just wish the dream had included an office on a beach in the Caribbean, 3 hour working day, a pretty secretary and 6 months paid holiiday :'(

I'm happy, run my own business since January 2003. Just get fed up at times chasing people for invoices that they owe.

I know that feeling well, customers seem to be extending credit terms at will and without agreement. I have some dating back to the middle of last year (thankfully for relativily small amounts) but the "cheque in the post" excuse is wearing a bit thin!

Train driving always has a boys with toys appeal, like mine with cargo aircraft and ships. Also worried about the downer with trains of the jumpers. We had a 16 year old do this a few days ago at Bromsgrove ie about 5 mile up the tracks. They do not consider, I presume, the affect on the train driver. police, ambulance and others.

I've had a couple of near misses, one a tranny van on a user worked crossing, missed him by inches and one with a dustbin wagon a farm crossing, he crossed in front off me about 20 yards ahead If he'd have stopped I would have broadsided it. My only escape is my Cab door and the number of people who stick there bike behind it or suitcases and then they get upset if I ask them to keep the Doorway clear dispite a sticker on the door saying " Keep Clear "......................To$ers emoticon-0144-nod.gif

No Jumpers to date but I know a few drivers who have.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger