Audi coilpack recall, turned into official Skoda Recall.

The dealership don't want to change my coilpack. :(

They say that are ok,and the codes are not included in the recall program.

What codes have your new coilpack?

I have 1.8T AGU type non-RS

I checked mine and I have a "C "on the end of code.

The recall doesn't cover yours, you are correct. AGU is an older 1.8t engine, with the bolt down ignition coils, which aren't covered by the recall. It only affects the newer push in ones.

Sorry about that... :-(

So can anyone say for sure whether the ECU is flashed/reset or not? My cars getting remapped on Monday next week, then friday its getting new coils. Dont want to lose the map!

No, they don't flash your ecu. Apprently they can't do it at the dealer anyway. I thinksome dealers will check for fault codes relating to the coils, but they won't flash anything.

Guest pete77

started reading all this today so rang Rainworth Skoda in Mansfield. After checking my chassis number he said there were things that needed checking, when I asked about things he said the coil packs, so he car is booked in for the morning. I asked whilst they were taking the coil packs off could they change the plugs, he said yes for £20 labour plus cost of plugs!

Will se what happens

Been meaning to do this since it popped up on the forum.

Finally rang up dealer in Oxford on Monday and got it booked in for today. Coilpack are changed now, I only checked the first coilpack, but it is version D.

Here is hoping these last for 6 years like the originals.

Thanks for putting up the info on this :thumbup:

Bamfords in Gloucester had mine in on Thursday and replaced the lot FOC, not bad considering the cars now 8 years old with 93K on the clock, did it while I waited and even washed it when they had finished :thumbup: .

I'm now on 'D' packs too. Amusingly the health check showed my undertray was missing. Darn sure it was still there on Monday. :giggle: Still, makes servicing easier, eh! :rofl:

Also apparently a brake servo hose is splitting. Have to have a proper looksee I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, phoned my local Skoda dealer yesterday and told them that I think my car is eligible for a recall on the coil packs, the lady that I spoke to was very helpfull but didnt know anything about a recall so started by taking my registration details, she couldnt find the car on the system but I thought maybe it was because we had just changed the registration plate over to my wifes private plate and the paerwork only came the end of last week. So I went home last night and wrote down the chassis number and phoned her back today only to find that that didnt bring anything up on her system either!! She said that their was nothing to worry about as it may just be that because the car is that little bit older it has been taken off the system but she also said that to her says there is no recall on this model otherwise it would have shown up on her system.

2 questions:

Firstly: Should I be worried that the car doesnt show up on Skodas database?

Secondly: Is the car eligible for the coils to be checked, its a 54 plate?

Thanks in advance

Ray

Firstly: Should I be worried that the car doesnt show up on Skodas database?

No. Mine didn't either.

Secondly: Is the car eligible for the coils to be checked, its a 54 plate?

Yes.

It's not actually a recall. It's a service instruction. Search the thread, the numbers here somewhere. Two letters and two numbers. That should be all she needs to know.

Edited by demonufo

It worked, gave her the number/code and then the chassis number and hey presto th ecar was there along with the details of the recall. Car i sbooked in tomorrow to have packs changed! Thanks Briskoda!!

I have on my coils

06b 905 115r

Ppm de s3

Pulse 12432esm

L1 j6f0 5 32/08

Are these eligible for foc recall? Thanks guys

Only the top one genuine by the looks of those, I cna't remember if R is in or out of the recall

It worked, gave her the number/code and then the chassis number and hey presto th ecar was there along with the details of the recall. Car i sbooked in tomorrow to have packs changed! Thanks Briskoda!!

Jolly D :thumbup:

Wahey! Finally had mine done today (after a battle with the dealers :thumbdown: and with lots of help from Skoda UK :thumbup: ) Thats exactly one month since I first rang my local dealers about it!!!!! :dull: But on the plus side I now have 4 brand new D revision coils. :yes:

booked my 2004 vrs in for monday to have the coil packs changed

am i best telling them not to touch the ecu as its mapped

and have heard this can reset the ecu when they do it

Edited by lee1972