Oil advice and recommendations here!!

oilman

Thanks Guy.

Having read a few guides i figured the Passat would want the VW507 since its so expensive.

Its 10W40 that i've been using for topping up the SDI as t uses about a litre between services. I got it in a 1L bottle foc from the mechanic that does my servicing. Given the prices i've been seeing for VW507 oils, i dont think he'll be giving me any free oil once i start taking him the Passat :(

Hello Mr Oilman sir.

What do you recommend for a 10 year old, 100k mile V6 Mondeo? Could you do a bulk pack (maybe a 20l drum) for a reasonable price? ;)

Cheers

Tom.

Sorry, can I bump this one Mr Oilman sir?? :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for that. I have added Mobil Syst S Special V 5W-30 to the list of 505 01 oils for the Fabia vRS. Interesting that it is the only 5W-30 oil on that list.

Help....confused.

What oil should I using in my '53' reg Octy1.9TDi 90bhp?

I asked the garage I got it from (a Skoda Dealer) and they say the 15-40 Turbo Diesel oil would of been put in at last service, (its on 10,000 fixed servicing) showed me the bottle, it was red with red label, non branded. Will it be ok?

Thanks

Help....confused.

What oil should I using in my '53' reg Octy1.9TDi 90bhp?

I asked the garage I got it from (a Skoda Dealer) and they say the 15-40 Turbo Diesel oil would of been put in at last service, (its on 10,000 fixed servicing) showed me the bottle, it was red with red label, non branded. Will it be ok?

Thanks

90bhp engine is not the PD engine

VW505.00 is the spec you need

it usuall comes as a 10w 40 or 5w 40 though

non branded oil tends to be non approved oil so worth checking

the older engines are not as oil critical as PD engines but they still need high quality oil in them to help em live longer.

90bhp engine is not the PD engine

VW505.00 is the spec you need

it usuall comes as a 10w 40 or 5w 40 though

non branded oil tends to be non approved oil so worth checking

the older engines are not as oil critical as PD engines but they still need high quality oil in them to help em live longer.

Thanks, I was thinking it wasn't really the right stuff. I'll be checking with the garage if i take the car there for servicing...

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Can you advise me what the OEM oil is please?

I can get oil sampling done for free and the more info I can give them on what they are sampling, the better the report is.

Engine is the latest 118kw 1.8T Octavia

thanks

Oilman,

Would the castrol "edge" Turbo diesel oil i have be ok for the vRS. now i am not thinking replacement just if i ever need to top up ?

I plan to have it serviced at the required interval so its just as a backup really.

Thanks

Hi folks,

I am wondering if anyone knows if Duckhams Q (synthetic based) (API SL) 5W-30 oil is suitable for my 2001 110bhp TDI Octavia (130,000 miles) and my wifes Toyota Corolla 1.4 vvti petrol (80000 miles). I have always used a semi synthetic 10w-40 in both up to this but now I have some of the Duckhams i am wondering if is suitable for the cars with that mileage etc? Thanks in advance:thumbup:.

Hi. My O2 has 57th km. In August during a long trip outside the country the yellow oil pressure appeared. I stopped on the highway and bought the best oil for diesel, that is the 5w-40 Shell Helix Ultra - fully synthetic. Only now I see that it's 505.00 instead of 505.01. I put around 300ml inside. My oil is Aral Tronic 431 (505.01). Should I now rush to the service and change the oil? I will go again for a 3200km trip, so some guys on other forum worried me 505.00 and 505.01 are not at all compatible and that means trouble. What should I do?

Thanks

I will go again for a 3200km trip, so some guys on other forum worried me 505.00 and 505.01 are not at all compatible and that means trouble. What should I do?

Thanks

Personally, I'd just keep on driving.

300ml in a 4L sump wont make any difference at all.