How Long - From order to delivery?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CR 140 4X4 DSG Estate - Ordered 29th Dec - Picked up 3rd May in Oslo.

Mocca colour with "all" options, including difficult delivery options as panoramic roof and parking heater/ventilator. It got some weeks postponed waiting for those parts.

My quote with the lease company (for company car) has been confirmed today and it is likely that the order will be placed with the dealer early next week. Apaprently Skoda are quoting to them 20-25 week delivery time - so that's mid October at the earliest.

Nothing special - just a Superb Estate 2.0 TDi CR 140 SE in white with sunset glass and heated seats.

I go on holiday 13th October - hope it comes before then!

31 Jan ordered Rosso Estate SE 170 TDI with DSG and most of the extras. Allegedly in country and will be ready for collection 27 May. Should be 116 days. Fingers crossed.

I've just been given my build week today at week 33. Adding another 3 weeks for delivery will take my total time up to 18 weeks as opposed to the quoted 12 weeks.

In that case things are speeding up because there are 2 aspects in what you have chosen, ie the Panoramic roof and the 140 engine, both of which I was told were the reasons for the 7 month delay on my vehicle, which in itself I didn't fret over but what I did was the very generous trade in price the dealers had given me and which I was frightened would go down because of the delay. So after a month I paid for the new one and which documentation showed the balance due as nil with the trade in value as was originally given ( my trade in was exceptional, ie L & K 130 pd Octavia Estate, 7 yrs old but only 27000 on the clock, perfect condition and over serviced, c/belt done at 17000 etc. Within less than 1 hr of the handover, the dealer had sold it on to a waiting client, so all were happy. In fact, as I was dealing with the documention for the Superb, elsewhere in the showroom the sale / documentation for my trade in was underway! I still see my Octavia around now). Although the Superb is just over 6 mths old, it has only done 1700 miles, mostly motorway, and returns aprox 54 mpg motoring between 70 and 80 mph and I am hoping as the engine loosens up, the mpg will improve. Tony

My quote with the lease company (for company car) has been confirmed today and it is likely that the order will be placed with the dealer early next week. Apaprently Skoda are quoting to them 20-25 week delivery time - so that's mid October at the earliest.

Nothing special - just a Superb Estate 2.0 TDi CR 140 SE in white with sunset glass and heated seats.

I go on holiday 13th October - hope it comes before then!

I ordered mine through HSBC Lease on 30th November 2010. Originally due mid-May, but got put back a month. Now due 13th June...

I hope mine is something special when it arrives - Superb estate 2.0 TDi CR 170 DSG in amethyst, KESSY, powered tailgate, upgraded sound, heated washers, Lunas, 4 heated seats, sunset glass, MDI, Park assist

Can't wait now :-)

Edited by Razorch65

I ordered mine through HSBC Lease on 30th November 2010. Originally due mid-May, but got put back a month. Now due 13th June...

I hope mine is something special when it arrives - Superb estate 2.0 TDi CR 170 DSG in amethyst, KESSY, powered tailgate, upgraded sound, heated washers, Lunas, 4 heated seats, sunset glass, MDI, Park assist

Can't wait now :-)

I really can't wait... I ordered mine on 14 Jan 2011. I had a call from the dealer this afternoon asking me to come in as the registration papers have arrived. The car will be in the dealer in about 10 days, and then I can drive away with it. Yay.

4.5 months (19 weeks). The spec: Elegance Combi in Mocha Brown. Ivory leather and Onyx carpets. CR140 DSG 4x4. Panoramic Sunroof. Tow-hook. MDI. Heated windscreen. Heated washers. Sunset glass. Upgraded speakers.

All I have to do is sell the 2 cars currently taking up room in the garage, clear all the junk out, and maybe then I can fit the new Superb in :) :)

I'm just in the process of having a new company car. Unfortunately I am not allowed Skoda so I am looking at a Golf Estate Bluemotion DSG and have been told by VW 5-6 months delivery.......

A BMW 3 series tourer is a cheaper lease and quicker delivery (12 weeks) :-(

Tom

Quite pleased with my lead times.

Ordered 24 February and was told shortly afterwards that build would be week 19. Just had confirmation that the build took place as planned and the car has now left the factory headed for the port. Dealer is predicting about the 8 June for me to take delivery. Can't grumble really, no being mucked about. Probably as I ordered petrol.

Car ordered: Superb Estate Elegance 1.8 TSi DSG in Steel Grey with sunset glass, auto rear view mirror, front parking sensors, uprated sound system, full size spare wheel.

Just looking forward to picking it up now.

Alan

UPDATE

Dealer phoned today to say car now at dealership. Wow from a week 19 build and they have it already.

Asking me to pick up onn Tuesday. Problem now is not sure I can as planning for another two weeks time.

A right mare as someone drove into my company car the other day. So have to get that fixed, have a hire car and my new Superb. Will take the hire car and they can pick up from home. The lease Co. can pick the Company car up from the repairers. Looking forward to my new car. First car I have owned in 20 years after my super tight company has closed the car scheme. For info, they are one of the most successul and profitable companies in the UK, wonder why????

Last time I queried the order situation with my dealer, I was told that there had been a "problem" with Rosso Brunello but that it hadn't affected my order. I was also told that the problem, whatever it was, had been fixed and that the colour had NOT been discontinued.

However, given that other Brits who ordered their petrol Superbs after mine seem to be getting theirs already, I am now wondering whether RossoB orders have been delayed more than I was told. Does anyone else here have any more information on this?

Hi,

I made an order for SE 170 hp 4x4 Ivory leather Panoramic Sunroof and other ..

The first estimation was 33 week. I spoke with the dealer weekly and told me the estimation week, and this variates.

So first was 33 then 35 then 29 and now is say it will come in 37. I asked the dealer the week number when SuperborNot started this topic. and surprising is the same week

It isn't a logic in delivery estimation as my dealer sad and this estimation is changing every day.

You will be sure when the car will be build only when it will prepare to actually build it so about 3 weeks before.

I Ordered A Yeti Greenline Elegance In Febuary As I Was Told It Would Take 16 To 18 Weeks For Delivery.

Then It Went Up To 25 Weeks

Now When I Look On Trackmyskoda.co.uk It's At Build Week 41

So It Looks Like A Christmas Delivery For Me

That's A Complete Registration (11 Plate)I've Missed. No Wonder YETI's Are Rare

I ordered my Superb Elegance 170 TDi on 31/12/2010 and collected it on 6/5/11. Would have been a bit quicker if bank holidays hadn't got in the way. Options were MDI, mats, self dimming rear view mirror and heated washer nozzles.

TSI DSG. Ordered Monday of week 4, built week 14, left factory end of week 14,in Uk week 17 (Wednesday), collected week 19 Thursday.

Seemed a lot longer especially the 5 weeks from factory to me

I ordered 1.8tsi DSG Elegance Estate 27 Jan with a promise of early April delivery. Finally told build week 20 with a likely delivery mid June. Options chosen, front PDC, spare wheel, electric tailgate,wood trim,steel grey metallic paint. In the meantime I have nearly brought a 18 month old BMW 530i Tourer for about the same money but chose to stick with the Superb, hope it was the right decision. Bit worried about the crap carpet comments on the forum. What is this about compensation for late delivery?

Hamro

Ordered a Superb 4x4 140 BHP DSG Elegance in Rosso with rear air bags/sunset glass/heated washers/wood decor/CD/Upgraded sound system/Electric boot on 11th February 2011. No build date given despite repeated calls to the dealer. Last week dealer informed me that problems in Japan were holding up things coupled with supply going to China. It seems incredible that Skoda cannot plan a bulid date. Once a build date is given my dealer opeartes an online tracking system which I can access but only when Skoda deem to give it a build date!

However my dealer has offered me after 20 weeks from the date of order which is approx mid June to take in my existing car ( Audi A4 Avant Sporstline Multitronic) to halt the depreciation and put me in an 11 plate Octavia till the Superb arrives- all I pay for is the fuel. Seemed very reasonable to me.

Will keep you posted to see that it actually happens. I am sure the new car will be worth the wait- will it be a 2012 model and does anyone know of any spec changes for such?

UPDATE 8 JUNE 2011

Informed today that the car now has an advisory build date of week 44- almost 9 months from point of ordering and advisory is not firm.This is absolutely crazy and I have e mailed the Brand manager of Skoda Uk outling the events of the order so far.

To make matters even worse the dealer despite saying that a courtesy car would be provided said this only applied to 2010 orders that were delayed when they know full well that it was a 2011 order.

Phoned another dealer today and if I ordered today they said they could get the car in before week 44- has Skoda gone mad?

UPDATE 10 JUNE 2011

Advised that if I changed colour this would bring production and delivery forward- so changed to Black metallic. Hope this combination with the ivory leather will look good- anyone else got this combo.

After contacting Skoda UK next Thursday the dealer is taking my Audi in for part exchange and supplying me with a an Octavia Elegance Estate 60 plate till the Superb arrives.

So now happy once again but is the colour right.

Edited by Superb53

I've been told week 32 now which is well in to August, which is after the holiday we wanted the car for, looks like regretfully I may have to cancel and take a Passat :(

What spec Superb have you ordered for delivery to be so long?

What spec Superb have you ordered for delivery to be so long?

1.8 DSG Elegance, park assist, self dimming mirror, spare wheel and the heated windscreen, in white, so I have no idea where the problem is

On 17th May I wrote:

•Combi Elegance 1.8TSI DSG with a few extras ordered by me on 5th Feb and on system in wk6, with the (then) expectation of 8 weeks to delivery

•During wk 9 I got the first indicative build date, for week 19

•During wk 12 the build date on the system moved to week 20 (ie this week)

•Yesterday my dealer told me that the date had been confirmed, so my current expectation is that the car will indeed be built this week

•I have also been told to expect 3 weeks between build and delvery to dealer, so on that basis the car should be with him (and soon me) sometimne during wk 23 (6th June)

and in fact I was advised this morning that it was arriving at the dealer today (end of wk 22) and that I can pick it up next Wednesday (wk 23). So, pretty much exactly four months from order to delivery; could have been a lot worse! Now I just have to endure the final few days' wait!

Quite pleased with my lead times.

Ordered 24 February and was told shortly afterwards that build would be week 19. Just had confirmation that the build took place as planned and the car has now left the factory headed for the port. Dealer is predicting about the 8 June for me to take delivery. Can't grumble really, no being mucked about. Probably as I ordered petrol.

Car ordered: Superb Estate Elegance 1.8 TSi DSG in Steel Grey with sunset glass, auto rear view mirror, front parking sensors, uprated sound system, full size spare wheel.

Just looking forward to picking it up now.

Alan

Actually picked it up on 24 May. Same build date from day one, really can't complain. Actually, I wanted to take delivery later.

I've just been informed that my car is likely to be about 6 months from order to delivery. :-( It's not been confirmed yet, but as the original 10-12 weeks has been an gone without even a build date confirmed, it doesn't look good.

Massive disappointment as this means the car won't be delivered before our planned drive to Spain for our hols, so we've had to book flights and hire car. Not the end of the world as between fuel, tolls and overnight accommodation there and back, it will be about the same cost but not as much fun.

After a very honest call from Skoda UK Customer Services, it seems their whole supply process is groaning under the strain of sales figures which are 25% up on what they were expecting. The combo of 2.0 CR diesel and DSG is a particular problem. So much so in fact that Skoda employees have been band from ordering CR + DSG cars because of customer demand.

Bugger.

I've just been informed that my car is likely to be about 6 months from order to delivery. :-( It's not been confirmed yet, but as the original 10-12 weeks has been an gone without even a build date confirmed, it doesn't look good.

Massive disappointment as this means the car won't be delivered before our planned drive to Spain for our hols, so we've had to book flights and hire car. Not the end of the world as between fuel, tolls and overnight accommodation there and back, it will be about the same cost but not as much fun.

After a very honest call from Skoda UK Customer Services, it seems their whole supply process is groaning under the strain of sales figures which are 25% up on what they were expecting. The combo of 2.0 CR diesel and DSG is a particular problem. So much so in fact that Skoda employees have been band from ordering CR + DSG cars because of customer demand.

Bugger.

Same story here, maybe Skoda should give a date before taking our money.

I'm now stuck with hiring a car every time I need big boot until they can get there acts together.

Same story here, maybe Skoda should give a date before taking our money.I'm now stuck with hiring a car every time I need big boot until they can get there acts together.

As much as it is annoying, I'm actually mildly sympathetic to Skoda and certainly don't blame the dealer. At the time I placed my order (early March), things were fine and based on experiences to that point, the dealer had no reason to suspect there would be any problems. It's only since then that the wheels have come off.

If the sales of Skoda really have rocketed as much as has been indicated (and given the fantastic cars and VFM in the current economic climate, I wouldn't be surprised), then it's no-wonder they've been caught out.

The bit I'm NOT happy about is that there was no proactive effort by either the dealer or Skoda to get in touch and own-up about the fact that delivery schedules have gone pear-shaped.....