How Long - From order to delivery?

Ordered 1.6 Superb Greenline Elegance Estate on 20 January and have just found it is with dealer tomorrow. As it is lease car I cannot collect until 23 April when my current lease expires. Dealer is very local so will pop up and have a look at some stage :)

Patience is a virtue...

Heated washer nozzles

Park Assist - front and rear parking sensors with Maxidot

Rear side airbags

Auto dimming rear view mirror

Pearl - Black magic

Hill hold control

Sunset glass from b-pillar back

Mobile device interface

4 spoke multifunction steering wheel with audio and phone controls

Removable rear parcel shelf

Decorative metal inserts on dashboard

Leather - Onyx

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dealer told me the delivery would take about 11 weeks. Twin door Elegance 2.0 TDI 140 CR, with a few extras. Ordered week 2 and picking up this Saturday so week 10. Thats 8 weeks in total. Not bad!

Just need to calm down now as I am so excited! :rofl:

You guys make me feel jealous...

Ordered week 3 however no confirmed build date yet for my Twin door SE 140 CR with two extras - spare tyre and mats.

Is it possible instead of confirming a build date first the factory directly tells you the car is built? I'm day-dreaming now.

Heard from my dealer my car was built last Tuesday bang on target. Ordered Mid january.

Superb 170cr Elegance 4x4 with a full compliment of extras (exceptDSG)

I ordered mine on 31st December 2011.

140 Elegance, Steel Grey, L&K, heated front windscreen & nozzle jets, Auto dim mirror (should be standard on this level of car!!!), HHC & TPM, KESSY, MDI, rear side airbags, space saver and AutoGlym oh "and a partridge in a pear tree" :giggle: nearlt forgot and a tank of diesel. :thumbup:

Initially told I should expect it at the end of March :rofl: but given week 11 as build week then week 21 now week 14. We will see as I have written to the dealer to reserve my right to cancel due to unreasonable delay which was not advised at the time of ordering.

Edited by Danny 57

I am looking to buy a Superb CR170 Elegance but am put off by the vague delivery dates; 9 to 12 weeks build plus 3 to 4 weeks delivery, a total of 16 weeks.

I asked the local dealer to look for a car that is unallocated in the pipeline. Nothing matches my specification requirements. I asked if a car that is not yet started to be built could have some of the optional extras changed so that I can receive my car sooner – the dealer looked at me as if I had said something rude. Surely the customer comes first?

I contacted Skoda UK about the above plus why the L&K is only available with brown seats (I want Ivory) the answer was “Go away – we are not interested in talking to you.”

Finally, all the UK's national radio stations and many local services will stop broadcasting on analogue by the end of 2015. How can we still be offered non DAB radios? I assumed that car manufacturers liked to be technologically advanced. Does the L&K have DAB with the digital TV tuner?

Any suggestions or comments?

(Can anyone help me change my email address on the forum as I seem to have a problem with my "email address being in use"?

Edited by skodacambs

Finally, all the UK's national radio stations and many local services will stop broadcasting on analogue by the end of 2015. How can we still be offered non DAB radios? I assumed that car manufacturers liked to be technologically advanced. Does the L&K have DAB with the digital TV tuner?

See http://www.briskoda....__fromsearch__1 which should cover the DAB issue for you. It'll be late 2012, at the earliest, possibly in a face-lift model, when DAB surfaces in a Skoda in the UK.

Edited by smf1007

Although a lot of stuff on the net says 2015 for switchover, this was back in 2009. More recent commets seem to suggest 2017 earliest, 2020 more likely.

Remember the TV adverts for TV switchover started years before switchover, and switchover only finishes this year. 2015 is only a couple of years away really, and advertising's not even started yet.

I have no idea if the TV tuner includes DAB but I doubt it, based on most freeview boxes and TVs do digital radio through the TV channels, and the TV box is basically just one of those isn't it? However if that's right you can get most DAB stations that way so might be a solution for some.

Perhaps time for a new thread about this?

• 1 month later...

Ordered my 1.6 s tdi with met paint,rear sensors,spare wheel, lumbar support and cruise control 01/02/2012 and take delivery tomorrow 20/04/2012. Cannot wair to get my hands on it.

Hi.

I ordered a Superb Combi Elegance Exclusive 140 tdi manual with xenons and alcantara this week in Denmark. Car dealer told me today the car was scheduled for production in week 21.

Not bad at all, even though I believe it will be pushed some weeks...

Other options I got:

- pano roof

- kessy

- front/rear sensors

- electric boot

- Heated front screen

- Heated back seat

- Amundsen w/DAB

- Hill hold

- Soundsystem w/10 speakers

- Premium bluetooth III.

-Kaj

Ordered a 170 dsg elegance combi mid Jan in Ireland, ready for collection this week

options

Sunset Glass

MFSW/paddles

MDI

18" Thermisto alloys

Metalic inserts

Exactly 12 weeks!

At long last build week 19 confimed, so should have my Superb 4x4 Elegance Estate by the end of May. That's not bad really - I only ordered at the begining of September last year - Excellent service!!!!!!!! LOL. Still, they have given me a nice little Fabia Monte Carlo to run around in till it arrives.

Really looking forward to getting my hands on the new machine. Almost forgotten what it was like to drive a Superb. Can't help thinking that all the messing around with build dates jumping forwards and backwards takes some of the shine out of having a new car. Hope these feeelings soon subside once I get my new car.

Ordered 3rd March, collected today. 7 weeks 6 days from order to collection. Order wasn't entered into the system until Monday so really 7 weeks 4 days.

Greenline twindoor with a number of options.

Superb Estate Elegance 170TDI DSG in Cappochinno and Ivory leather. Hill Hold and Park Assist.

Ordered 16 Mar 12. Just been advised that car is awaiting shipment in Emden and delivery is promised in a couple of weeks.

Seems pretty good service.

I ordered my Hatch Elegance L+K 2.0 170 Manuel in steel grey at the end of February, I collected it on Thursday the 26th.

I love my car, and the London and K package is really good value for money! Specialy with the options that are exclusive to that package.

Liebel

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Hi guys.

Ordered mine in the beginning of week six. Status pr now is "in production", but my dealer thinks it is to be produced next week.

Superb L+K

LHD

Magnetic Brown

Combi

140 hp diesel

4x4

DSG

Panoramic roof

Sliding floor in the back

He expects it to reach the shop late May. Worst case early June.

Edited by takktakk

Ordered my Superb estate SE 1.8TSI 4X4 last week Feb .Built last week waiting for ship to Newcastle.That's 11 weeks to biuld,may be another 2 until with dealer.