How Long - From order to delivery?

Just got confirmation. Ordered 8 Oct, build date Friday (11 Nov), delivery expected 19 Nov. That is 7 1/2 weeks!

Hmm, while I've read the comments about recent SuperB orders, it seems they've speeded up the manufacturing/building process. Maybe they've received (some) complaints due to long delivery times?

In my opinion one should receive a European car in 2-3 months from the order process. If that cannot be accomplished, then the manufacturer should take actions to make it possible.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly an order to delivery though is it?

Purchase to delivery is more like it, otherwise it makes it look like someone can factory order a car and get it delivered in just 3 weeks whereas in reality you bought a pre-ordered car (either a stock order or a cancelled order) great news though if you can find a spec you are after that has been cancelled :thumbup:

Yes, fair comment, purchase to delivery. Spec was exactly what I wanted, even has a spare wheel just as I wanted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just been told my build date is wk 17 2012 :'( . It look s like the lead times aren't coming down on 4x4 models - I ordered at begining of september. Getting desperate now, as not sure if my old car will last that long!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Just about to order similar spec 140 DSG 4x4 being quoted 12 weeks delivery

Is it worth the wait ?

Just picke up mine. Ordered in May, first build date w40, second w49. Collected yesterday. Didn't like the wait but now I'm very glad to have it.

So yes, this car is worth waiting, but depends on a person. Some can wait a year, but I wouldn't.

Hi Just about to order similar spec 140 DSG 4x4 being quoted 12 weeks delivery

Is it worth the wait ?

Find yourself a comfy chair - sit back & enjoy (endure!) the very long wait! :D

Find a cancelled order car.

I had ordered a car and was told 12 weeks, so putting my delivery into March.

My current car died and I asked the dealer what they could do. They managed to find an almost identical car (better colour) in the exit port in Germany, and had it with me within 2 weeks. It was delivered today.

Happy days!

• 3 weeks later...

Elegance Hatch 2.0TSI DSG

Options: 3 spoke MFSW with paddles, heated windscreen, 10 speaker soundsystem, auto dimming rear view mirror, spare wheel

Ordered 3 December 2011. To be built Week 3. Expecting delivery in first week of March.

I ordered the Elegance Greenline Hatch in Black, a few extras...e.g. Heated Rear seats, as a private customer with a local dealer [Adamson's, Deal] in mid-October. The dealer initially said 12 weeks [probably]...In late Nov he updated this to Build wk1 with delivery a few days later...Yesterday he phoned to say the care was at the showroom...So, absolutely spot-on right the way through - now just have to wait for it to be prepped!!!

I ordered the Elegance Greenline Hatch in Black, a few extras...e.g. Heated Rear seats, as a private customer with a local dealer [Adamson's, Deal] in mid-October. The dealer initially said 12 weeks [probably]...In late Nov he updated this to Build wk1 with delivery a few days later...Yesterday he phoned to say the care was at the showroom...So, absolutely spot-on right the way through - now just have to wait for it to be prepped!!!

Soz, should have said "car" not "care!" - Can't wait to get rid of the R*n**lt..

I ordered a Superb Combi Greenline with heated washer nozzles & MDI on 1st November last. Got a phonecall today to say that its arrived at the garage today but without the MDI apparently....

MDI is one of the few options that can easily be retrofitted, so that should not be a huge problem.

Thanks - the person who phoned me wasn't sure if it could be or not but I'll make sure that they sort it. It was the one option I was really looking forward to having

• 1 month later...

Hi

I ordered my Superb Greenline II twindoor Elegance just before Christmas. It has been built (week 9) and the dealer tells me today that it has been "released for shipping."

Has anyone any experience of how long it is likely to now be before the car arrives with my dealer (Northampton)?

Many thanks

Hi

I ordered my Superb Greenline II twindoor Elegance just before Christmas. It has been built (week 9) and the dealer tells me today that it has been "released for shipping."

Has anyone any experience of how long it is likely to now be before the car arrives with my dealer (Northampton)?

Many thanks

It takes about 3 weeks from actual build to you taking delivery. A variable is how long your new car sits at Emden waiting for a ferry to cross the North Sea.

My VRS in 2009/10 was a 4 week wait partly because of Christmas and snow

My dealer first told me the delivery would take about 3 months for my 1.4 TSI Business Estate (Platinum grey), but I was pleasantly surprised as the actual delivery time turned out to be 6 weeks(!).

Order placed week 4

Build week 8

Delivery week 10

I'm picking it up tomorrow, can hardly wait! :rofl:

I ordered my Estate SE 1.8tsi 4x4, on 21st Feb 2012, with SUNSET GLASS,HEATED WASHER NOZZLES,SPARE WHEEL,CUPPOCCINO METALIC, AND 17" LAUREL ALLOYS. Dealer has been given Skoda factory build as week 21 (Comencing 21May 2012). Should be with me mid June.That is about 16 weeks from order.

Update. build week moved forward to week 19, going the right way !!!

Edited by BOBW

Yipee, ordered Aqua Blue 170 bhp se plus with no extras back in Mid October through Company Car Dealer and received text from them in late November giving me a delivery date of 20th March. I left it be and chase today. I am glad I did as they had good news, they received the vehicle yesterday. They will put it through the workshop and deliver it to me on Wednesday.

5 months / 20 weeks is very different to my companies statement that it would be 12 to 14 weeks lead time but hey ho its here and be with me soon.

Cant wait now, really excited.

It takes about 3 weeks from actual build to you taking delivery. A variable is how long your new car sits at Emden waiting for a ferry to cross the North Sea.

Hi all from a newbie,

Ordered an Elegance 1.8TSi manual estate in black with tints, park assist, MDI, upgraded stereo and some minor bits like mats and heated nozzles at the end of Feb. (I wasn't sure about park assist but wanted front sensors so for the extra £100 I thought 'sod it'!)

Just been given Week 20 (14 May) for build so hopefully I'll see it early June? They quoted 10-12 weeks so it's not too far astray - provided the build week doesn't slip. Must admit I'm a bit nervous having found this thread....