auto folding door mirrors

Thanks for the advice guys. I've been fiddling with the various toys this morning and have now managed to get the mirrors to fold. Seems to work if I leave the control stick in the "0" position.

I am surprised this works in the "0" position, as I thought the auto-folding was only meant to work in the "L" position (which is the case with mine). Maybe not all Superbs are the same...

• 1 year later...

Lower and raise all the windows fully, this resets the system then press the key fob locking button for 2 seconds the mirrors should then fold again.The mirrors and windows are on a combined circuit and the failure to fold is a common occurance, many dealers do not know this fix.

This is why I love the internet. Was having the same problem until I found this thread - thanks for the advice.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this one back, but I also suddenly had the problem arise where the mirrors refused to fold on the key. I did everything here as suggested (all windows up and down to reset etc) and it didn't work. So what I did was select the 'factory setting' option on the display. As soon as I did that, they started working again.

• 2 months later...

Thanks this solved the problem - one window wasn't closing whilst the engine was off, but with it on I was able to get all the windows to close, and now the mirrors fold again. Thanks ever so much both to you and to Sinclair.

Derek

Try holding down the unlock button on the keyfob to see if all the windows open. on my car when the mirrors fail to fold with the lock button I found one of the windows wasn't opening, just run the offending window down and up to reset it, and as if by magic, the mirrors start folding again. This has happened 3 times with my car once with the driver's window and twice with the nearside rear. Hope this helps

Sinclair

Another thank you from me. My local Skoda Dealer did not have a clue.They stated it that it was a coding issue, and needed the car in for checking!. Briskodians to the rescue again. Problem solved in 10 seconds LOL

Auto folding of door mirrors every time you lock the car is a standard feature of some luxury cars. I think it makes sense as you never know when an idiot will knock one off whilst parked (deliberately or otherwise). Also it's easy to check from a distance that you've locked up on those occasions when you become unsure. Skoda should follow this design idea.

This should be possible, but it does require a relay and wiring loom being made up.

You require the ‘361’ relay, part number 4A0 907 440 - about £20 ish delivered on eBay.

Then you need to run a pair of wires from the passenger side door and 3 wires to the drivers side door, one permanent positive feed and an earth later and you are ready for some soldering - but be warned this requires cutting two wires on the OE looms in each door, the fold position on the door knob may also no longer work after this mod, but the beauty is when the car is locked the mirrors will fold automatically and when the car is unlocked they will un-fold.

The anti hi-jack feature or locking the doors manually whilst driving the car does not have any effect on the mirrors… they stay un folded.

I have just completed this on a MY11 TT.

• 1 year later...

I too had no idea about the ability to fold the mirrors by holding the key 'lock' button for a few seconds! I tried it but nothing happened! I did notice that only three of the four windows rolled all the way down when holding the 'unlock' button though. I looked here and established that the one window needed the 'one' touch resetting. I did this and with the mirror switch in the 'heated' position locked the doors. All locked and the mirrors folded in. Great. All windows opened too when I held the 'unlock' button too.

The most frustrating thing about the mirrors for me is the heated function. Every car I've owned has had the function linked to rear window heating. I often forget to switch the mirrors from the heated setting which means that the left hand tilt doesn't work - and the tilt is brill, it means I can put the Skoda inches off our boundary wall allowing us to park both cars side by side in the drive.

There are few things that irritate me about the car and this is only minor - hope it remains so ;-)

• Like 1

The most frustrating thing about the mirrors for me is the heated function. Every car I've owned has had the function linked to rear window heating. I often forget to switch the mirrors from the heated setting which means that the left hand tilt doesn't work - and the tilt is brill, it means I can put the Skoda inches off our boundary wall allowing us to park both cars side by side in the drive.

There are few things that irritate me about the car and this is only minor - hope it remains so ;-)

I never knew that. I wondered why my mirrors weren't demisting, I thought I had a problem.

Does anyone bother reading the manual nowadays?

I know it is not translated into English perfectly, but there are loads of things modern cars can do that you will never realise without doing a bit of research (reading the manual).

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Try holding down the unlock button on the keyfob to see if all the windows open. on my car when the mirrors fail to fold with the lock button I found one of the windows wasn't opening, just run the offending window down and up to reset it, and as if by magic, the mirrors start folding again. This has happened 3 times with my car once with the driver's window and twice with the nearside rear. Hope this helps

Sinclair

thanks for this advise iv just ran down to my car as this was happening on my superb, i have no idea how people find these thing out but glad you have. thanks again 

• Like 1

Only recently noticed that the windows close automatically when the car is locked and it rains.

Very handy. I even went and threw a glass of water on the windcreen to make sure it works..!

I can see the advantages of KESSY for a woman with a handbag, but I just wouldnt want to be driving along with a key in my pocket anyway. So my key hole gives it somewhere to go nice and securely for me to remove and walk away with when I leave the car.

Rather than something else to leave behind as I take my phone and wallet out my pockets and leave behind as it is!

:-)Just a small point, if you have kessy  you cannot lock keys in car .