The LED Lights Thread...

Well they all do, silly me put a finger on the longer interior ones to try and get them out.

Promptly burnt a finger doing so.

Have left it 10 minutes to cool down, going to fish them out now so I can get an order in and hopefully get them posted out today ready for tomorrow. I've got quite a big project doing tomorrow. :D

Oh understand now DOH ;)

Haha no problem.

Well I've just ordered my LED's :rofl:

Gone for: -

For the interior reading lights...

2 of these (As I've got a 44mm light for rear passengers)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200646426255?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_813wt_1139

1 of these (2 bulbs included)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290600920383&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT#ht_2722wt_982

And for the rear number plate: -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290602060572&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT#ht_2493wt_982

Note that the interior reading lights are 44mm on Octavia's - I've noted that some folks have posted links to 39mm ones.

Very possibly! And I'm an Octavia lurker - just pointing that out for the benefit of anyone who does a search and they end up buying 39mm's for their Octy's!

42mm for the fabias festoon, ive bought similar to you but your festoon and map reader bulbs are different ive got the same kind of led in both festoon and map reader,emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Nice one seboni.

Am quite looking forward to getting these LED's in, should make a nice difference in the quality of the lighting in the car.

Aye big time, ive bought 2 set thats 4 of the H7 xenon filled members are fitting here also new DRLS fabia just have standard P21W bulbs( vrs leds) so I am putting in error free LEDS P21W bulbs ( £14.99) on ebay, also changing all the interior lights to LEDS then will do the number plate ones, I will finally change the fogs H8 to xenon ones

These work OK in my elegance DRL's. Got them from www.hq-auto-lighting.co.uk

Look slightly blue from some angles but a lot better than the standard 'yellow' ones. No error messages either. :thumbup:

1 x 18 SMD LED 'Can-Bus' car bulb 1156 382 P21W BA15s (P21W-CB-LED-) = £14.12

PACK SIZE Pair (2pcs)

COLOUR White

These work OK in my elegance DRL's. Got them from www.hq-auto-lighting.co.uk

Look slightly blue from some angles but a lot better than the standard 'yellow' ones. No error messages either. :thumbup:

1 x 18 SMD LED 'Can-Bus' car bulb 1156 382 P21W BA15s (P21W-CB-LED-) = £14.12

PACK SIZE Pair (2pcs)

COLOUR White

Aye very similar I think mine 21smd cost me in total £60 approx but as long as it's better it's worth it,

if any of you find your lights are still on when the ignition is off you can wire in a 250mil ohm resistor and that will stop the lights from coming on when the ignition is off.

It is due to halogen lights having a fairly high resistance internally so they need a bit of oomph for them to start, not a lot but compared to an LED loads.

LED's need hardly anything to get going, so it could be that the high internal resistance stops the lights from coming on with the old halogen ones. Now that you've swapped for a low reistance LED you'll need to simulate that by adding a small resistor.

Takes about 2 seconds to do if you've got basic soldering skills.

I've not found any problems as of yet from lights apart from the ones that look like these:

$(KGrHqN,!jcE4oDMzircBOQQoTu5Vg~~0_12.JPG

The "panel" type LED's. You can get a 12 LED panel into the middle interior bulb position. These are easy to wire in a resistor as you just cut the wire from the +ve end and solder it on, then the bobs your uncle, or Bang Tidy.

I had to do this on my old Fabia, but the vRS seems to be alright with it. No lights remain on after the ignitions off and keys out etc.

My second interior big led arrived today, fitted no problem.

Now waiting for the 4 map light replacements.

Come on post man.... :giggle:

I've got 4 H7 xenon filled bulbs, 6 map lights and 2 festoon oh plus 2 p21w LEDs in the DRLS and I'm waiting for postie as well ;)

Edited by seboni121

You know your addicted to lights when you've bought glass paint, and pained normal halogen ones different colours..

I dont have purple, blue, green, pink, red or a few multi colour ones at all.. .Nooooo......

:giggle:

Party in apmamans vRS! B)

theyre not tied up to the sound system so no flashing lights.... yet..

i was looking at those led strips for some interior lighting. since i dont have heated seats the switches could go there and look pretty decent i reckon

Put these in the other day, does make a huge difference.

But I had to mess about fiddling with the contacts on the LED bending them to get them to contact into the map reading light positions.

Pictures to follow soon.

But I had to mess about fiddling with the contacts on the LED bending them to get them to contact into the map reading light positions.

Pictures to follow soon.

did you go for bulbs too short they should be 42mm i think

did you go for bulbs too short they should be 42mm i think

No the festoon was okay, had to bend the contacts inwards to get that to stay in place, not a massive problem.

The map reading lights just had to have the contacts bent slightly to make a good connection.

Something I did notice was that if they were left on for too long though they would start flickering rapidly, but this stopped when the engine was switched on, so I'm guessing it was the juice running a bit low.

I fitted 39mm and didnt need to move contacts.

Although there is a fair bit of room to bend them to fit different sizes.

just thought it said 42mm some where?, cant wait for posti now will get the plates done like you did, I am putting in the ones you put in the plates in the festoon 42's, if they work well will get another set for the platesemoticon-0148-yes.gif

Pictures to follow soon.

Same with mine to Stu. Really pleased with them once they were working though as they really are a massive improvement B) .

Thanks for the links MarTTyn :thumbup: