I keep hearing the MK1 Fabia VRS is "Fast" becoming a chavs car...

Beancounter1980

It helps to go towards the non-chav look when people type a comment out in full, without resorting to text speak in my humble opinion of course

+1 :thumbup: .....oooppppsssss.......too chav! :giggle:

I Agree to the said aforementioned comment stated by Mr. Brimma

B)

I think I pointed that out before Mr Marshall. Sadly written English is in steep decline. I can actually remember going to a Yank car meet,and a chav turned up in a severely pimped out Fabia 1.9 SDi Classic, complete with square numberplate on the front, illegally tinted side windows, and quite a few stickers on the bodywork. He was wearing a probably fake 'Burberry' baseball cap too. He looked a prize wally to be honest.

To be honest I've owned myn since 18, nw 22 and I was forever showing people the performance of the car. I was one of two hu owned a fab vrs my brother bin the over. Bt in the last year or so I can easily say I knw 8 mayb 9 people younger than me hu own 1 tht I wud put in 2 the chav bracket. I.e mcdonalds car park cruiser! Its making me fnk twice bout selling mayb 4 a edtion 30 sumfnk thy cudnt afford lol

Could we actually have this reply in something called English, not textspeak? It does make you look a bit dim typing like that. Thanks :thumbup:

I'd like to think that this is someone having a joke rather than it being a genuine post. If it is meant to be in text speak, I'm a bit surprised on two counts really.

One is that this totally backs up the original reason for the thread. The other reason is that it's harder to type like that than to use real words. I had to read it a few times to make sense of things. I got a bit stuck on how you 'bin the over', but my wife helped me out with that one.

Let's hope it's a bit of a clever dig at the OP.

I had to read it a few times to make sense of things. I got a bit stuck on how you 'bin the over', but my wife helped me out with that one.

I read it a few times and got the "gist"......but "bin the over" still has me stumped!...still can't figure it out.....oh well that's what I get for being over 35 years old!!! :S....I'll get my pipe and slippers!

Edited by fabdavrav

To be honest I've owned myn since 18, nw 22 and I was forever showing people the performance of the car. I was one of two hu owned a fab vrs my brother bin the over. Bt in the last year or so I can easily say I knw 8 mayb 9 people younger than me hu own 1 tht I wud put in 2 the chav bracket. I.e mcdonalds car park cruiser! Its making me fnk twice bout selling mayb 4 a edtion 30 sumfnk thy cudnt afford lol

Wait till Nicp P see's this post :rofl:

LOL

• Like 1

To be honest as cars get cheaper the more they get into the hands of so called chavs. Sometimes this has tragic consequences. Look at the beautiful 1980s Mercedes SEC coupe. You try to find a nice original 560 SEC that has not been tarted up.

I guess i'll be keeping my car for a while at least, poor image or not, as it fulfills all my needs. I'd like a new Fabia VRS estate but have not got £16-17k in my pocket.

I'd be quite happy for the young lads to be getting into cheaper vRS's.

It might attract some much needed new blood to this site.

I for one have decided to not get involved with alot of the discussions on this site simply because it's beginning to become a very clicky place.

If you have a different opion or a different sense of humour you are very quickly ostracized.

Loads of mk1 vRS's near me getting some burberry burner treatment. Was near the m1 north, m1 south roundabout near me. And as I pulled up to the roundabout on the left hand side of me pulled a rather young lad. Who was very happy with his barry boy vRS, Lexus lights, Barry Cannon Exhuast, Shopping List decals on the side of the wings, bubbly tinted windows, DRL's, Big drug dealer look at me alloys, and I assume the car was remapped by a shoulder munching plank. The amount of smoke coming out the back was rather amusing. Did I mention it was in yellow to........yer.... great look.

He was very intrested in my very clean looking example and seemed amazed by my LCR Splitter and my painted fog surronds.

Im 22, I would say im with the trends. I understand what baz may enjoy. Im aware of such cars turning into what my dear friend at the roundabout, would consider "blinding!"

Sadly around here the vRS is turning into that. However these burberry burger bangers, have found seats in other good cars gone barry. For example: impreza, evo, its a beamer init!! civic type r, focus st, megane rs, any golf usually mk4, feezzzzzzaarrrr (fiesta) st, vauxhall corsaaaaaarrr vxrrrrr and so fourth. This is purely around me, couldnt comment on other areas of blighty.

Did I mention I didnt care for his yellow vRS????

Edited by TorqueXIsXCheap

You sir have skills in english!

Is this what happens when you dont get a C in GCSE English??

Robshaw.

Guessing things haven't gone to plan if you're 23yrs old and own an Audi,

unluckly mate is all i can say, let us know when you see the light and get a decent car again. bye

Can't find a 560, but how about a nice 420 Matt?

Look on page 5 below

http://www.mercland.com/used-cars.html

The W126 560 both SEL and SEC and very special machines. The later ones have a huge amount of power and tend to have all the options as standard. I hunted for ages for a 560SEL and I finally found one but missed out on it by a few minutes. Even had 2 old school telephones in the front and rear armrest, and electric rear seats, amazing car!

Dad had a 420 SEC a few years back.. it had been pimped (not chaved) before we got it... dropped with a nose down stance, Original, period (epicly cool) Lorinser deep dish alloys.... Inside, no longer installed but the remains of cabling for a rather large stereo...

From what I've seen on the road, the good ones are simply not for sale... the rot buckets are all that's available.. which makes sense, they're getting a bit past "chav cool" now. (The CL coupes are in the middle of that at the minute) ... So soon the rot will have all but been scrapped.. so don;t worry about the W126 cars.. they're simply right on the edge of emerging as a full time classic, rather than a "really nice old car"..

From what I've seen on the road, the good ones are simply not for sale... the rot buckets are all that's available.. which makes sense, they're getting a bit past "chav cool" now. (The CL coupes are in the middle of that at the minute) ... So soon the rot will have all but been scrapped.. so don;t worry about the W126 cars.. they're simply right on the edge of emerging as a full time classic, rather than a "really nice old car"..

Love the CL. I had a W140 series Mercedes S600 and a CL600. Fantastic cars. Shame I sold them. :no:

• 2 years later...

I think because it's value for the speed it gives out it could end up a boy racers car ... And btw does anyone know where I can get a briskoda sticker from?

True. Also either upgrade to Freedom (has it's benefits) and get a free sticker https://www.briskoda.net/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=54  or get it on it's own https://www.briskoda.net/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=61_60&product_id=57