What would you change in the Yeti

telecaster

If you could talk with the Yeti design team what would you ask them to change?

Its not much on my list but I really hate the way the console between the front seats are placed. Whenever I fold the rear seats

for carrying more luggage the midlle seat hits the console so that the ashtray and bottle drawer opens. They need to fix that detail.

Also I would like them to fix the way the Columbus stereo handles files. Strange that files (songs) on the memorycard are deleted

from the card witout any warning.

But dont misunderstand, I really love the snow monster. :yes:

As an option (for us dog owners) - The rear most windows, able to open a couple of inches like with some mercedes people carriers, and Citroen's Berlingo.

I also think the overall look of the car could be improved if the bonnet was a tad higher, and level.

Me too on the sliding rear seat and rear door.

Plus a real front armrest.

16" wheels with all season tyres.

and some better protection on the 6 speed gearbox to stop "me" inadvertantly selecting reverse instead of first gear.:wonder:

I would like all 3 rear seats to fold up and be held mechanically rather than by an elastic rope

Boot cover to roll up rather than solid parcel shelf

Agreed on the 16" wheels plus all season option

A clock on the central console

(before anyone mentions it - yes a similar thread was run a while ago but there are new people on board since then and I think this is a fun thread)

You do have to "wang" the rear hatch a bit to get it shut in one go.

I don't know how to quantify a "wang" (ooh, Matron!) but my hatch doesn't need anything like what I would regard as an unreasonable slam to get it to close - a fairly gentle push once it's 80% closed is plenty. I suppose if you started the 'swing' sooner, when the gas strut is still resisting the weight of the door, you might need to give it a bit more of a shove. (I actually have an ethical problem with auto-closing doors: have we really become so helpless as a species that we can't work out how to close a f*cking door?!)

I've yet to encounter the issue with audio files on the memory card being deleted.

I do think the way that the middle seat fouls the centre console when folded is a bit naff.

A split rear window, so you can open the rear window without opening the back door.

slightly larger boot

central clock

dealers who know about the configuration of the software

standardisation on options throughout Europe

I agree a clock and outside temperature display centre of dash would be useful to stop SWMBO from asking what's the time? and what's the temperature outside? I suppose it's a mark of how good the car is that thease points are the only ones I can think of!:)

I agree a clock and outside temperature display centre of dash would be useful to stop SWMBO from asking what's the time? and what's the temperature outside? I suppose it's a mark of how good the car is that thease points are the only ones I can think of!:)

+1

Electronic handbrake.

Joystick or wheel shift for DSG.

Power output to the dash top-box.

Having experienced the electronic handbrake in the Tiguan we had, no thanks!!

Might be OK on occasions, but trying to hook the caravan up and having to get in and out would be a complete pain!!

No problem folding the centre rear seat forward if you remove the head rest and depress the seat back as stated in the hand book.

''Fold the middle rear seat backrest forwards in the same way, then pull once more

on the lever ⇒ page 74, fig. 68 and press the seat backrest downwards until it is

heard to lock into a lower position.''

Having experienced the electronic handbrake in the Tiguan we had, no thanks!!

Might be OK on occasions, but trying to hook the caravan up and having to get in and out would be a complete pain!!

We have it in the C4 Picasso, liked it. Never leave on, we have no need for trailer or caravan.

There is no towbar for 1.2 TSI DSG in Finland, not even as an option.

Edited by Grumpy Finn

Maybe a fancy 'head-up' display while night driving emoticon-0105-wink.gif

Make the vehicle slightly wider so the 2 front seats have their own armrests.

A longer boot.

Move the electric window buttons to a more easily accessible place such as at the top of the 'door closing handle'.

Keyless entry and electric stop/start.

About an extra 6/8 inches of additional ground clearance. emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

No contest for me - it's please change position of rear mirror on windscreen. I have a 1.2 Tsi ( 17 months old now) I need seat at a certain height for a back problem, this means I have to duck to see junctions etc. When I change (another Yeti definitely) I will go for the self dipping mirror/auto wipers so the mirror is on a different position.

Joystick or wheel shift for DSG.

A flappy paddle MFSW can be retro fitted emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

I should know.

But I do wish it were an option at the very least.

A CR210tdi DSG

A 2.0tsi DSG

A 7 speed wet clutch DSG

sliding middle rear seat as mentioned above, with a proper method of securing rather than the elastic cords.

A light telling me when 4x4 is working and which wheel has power.

I don't need a central clock as the Columbus has one emoticon-0100-smile.gif

An even higher rear view mirror.

Channels in the doors to stop me getting wet when getting in or out of the car.

More ground clearance.

16" wheels and tyres that are readily available and cheap.

Soft close rear boot door.

Internal antenna for the radio.

dual headlights, ones which remain on dipped bean when high beam is on.

Stop start across the range including on DSG.

OK, I love my Snow Monster, but thinking about it there is plenty of areas where Skoda can improve. It is still one of the best all rounders out there though, before all my changes emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Mike

Love the red warning lights on the front doors, but how about having them on the rear doors also, it would cost peanuts. I would also say have a look at the headlight reflector design also, it should be better with standard halogen bulbs.

I don't know how to quantify a "wang" (ooh, Matron!) but my hatch doesn't need anything like what I would regard as an unreasonable slam to get it to close - a fairly gentle push once it's 80% closed is plenty. I suppose if you started the 'swing' sooner, when the gas strut is still resisting the weight of the door, you might need to give it a bit more of a shove. (I actually have an ethical problem with auto-closing doors: have we really become so helpless as a species that we can't work out how to close a f*cking door?!)

I grab hold of the boot toggle inside and just give it a good tug, which closes it. That's what I mean by a "wang" :D

Personally I dislike having to touch the outside of the boot to close it as it gets filthy due to the estate type rear profile. Even a soft close would do, so if you don't "wang it" hard enough it then tightens up. You don't have to open it and then "wang it" again.

No contest for me - it's please change position of rear mirror on windscreen. I have a 1.2 Tsi ( 17 months old now) I need seat at a certain height for a back problem, this means I have to duck to see junctions etc. When I change (another Yeti definitely) I will go for the self dipping mirror/auto wipers so the mirror is on a different position.

hmm the one problem my wife has with the yeti is that the mirror is too high, so I was going to suggest it might be lower!

Agree about the rear seat folding issue though.