2006 VRS recall notices just announced - ECU and ignition coils

As per title, my local dealer have just called to advise that 2 recall notices have been announced on early VRS's and mine is one. One is an upgrade to the ECU and another is for potentially faulty ignition coils. Does ayone know anymore info on why this would come out now (after 5 years?!)?

Has anyone else had this? Guess it depends if your vehicle is registered with your a Skoda dealer...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had my coil packs changed today at skoda under the recall foc. Nothing wrong with my old coil packs, but you cant go wrong with a brand new free set.

Did it while I waited, but I did the test drive to make sure they were all good. Cant have a tech drive a 380bhp vRS!

True, however if you haven't registered your details with a Skoda garage you'll never be contacted.

I asked about these recoils and apparently they are new campaigns and my car has just been flagged on the system (as they have my VIN num registered against my name on file).

I've heard about the Coil pack recall as it's been around for a long time within the VAG group, just strikes me as odd that trhis should come up now. The dealer have had my car on file for a year and it was in recently for some warranty work on the air con.

It's booked in for the coil pack job but i've declined the ECU flash for various reasons ;)

True, however if you haven't registered your details with a Skoda garage you'll never be contacted.

But if it is a safety recall issued through VOSA then all the owners can be found through the DVLA database and then contacted.

Ian

But if it is a safety recall issued through VOSA then all the owners can be found through the DVLA database and then contacted.

Ian

And regular dealer visits for servicing and repairs if required means the data will be checked as we check for recalls and service actions at every visit.

Well I've called Rainworth Skoda twice to find out and each time been promised a call back but nothing at all. I hate to keep on phoning as you end up sounding like a pest. If they haven't enough staff...get some more.

I will call Farmers in the morning in Nottingham and see what they have to say.

I just looked in my Octavia's service book and it had 24K5 carried out on 07/03/2008. Might enquire about coil packs.

Not marked in my service book by my 07 also got 24K5 in August 08. Apparently my car isn't down to get the coil packs done.

One of the coil packs died on my 56 Vrs, I contacted Skoda who said my car was not on a recall :(. I managed to find the dealer recall notes & they said if the car has rev B or rev F coil packs then no swap out is necessary. Any other rev's must be replaced. Mine were rev c's, Skoda still said there was no recall on my car....... Annoyed

Just contacted Farmers in Nottingham - approximately 100% better service than Rainworth - advised that my chassis number not on the database so I expect all is ok.