delivery times

derbydiver

I ordered my Yeti Elegance 3rd week March 2011 and was told 6 months then 6 to 8 months

and now have a build date of week 2 Jan 2012 so I guess 10 months to getting it.

The dealer is Farmers of Leciester has any one else had delays like this the dealer says they are common place and Skoda are giving £300 in M & S vouches to componsate.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds about normal to me - out of the dealers hands - build dates are determined by the factory - it seems on a totally random basis :rofl:

I ordered my Yeti Elegance 3rd week March 2011 and was told 6 months then 6 to 8 months

and now have a build date of week 2 Jan 2012 so I guess 10 months to getting it.

The dealer is Farmers of Leciester has any one else had delays like this the dealer says they are common place and Skoda are giving £300 in M & S vouches to componsate.

Delivery depends to a large degree on specification. Diesels seem to take longer than petrol and DSG seem to take the longest time. So, if you've ordered a Diesel with DSG that's the longest. :(

There have also been examples of random early delivery of most models so there's no definite pattern.

BTW the late delivery payment has to be claimed from the supplying dealer, not Skoda UK.

Fred

6-8 months is ,sadly, not uncommon but 10 months is something else , Get your dealer to see if the £300 "Goodwill" can be improved upon. Incidentally you can opt to use the £300 for Skoda accessories or services instead.

The waiting doesn't get any better when you're down to a few days - it's probably worse!

Our Yeti has been sitting at Emden since Dec 1st waiting for a lift - so near and yet so flipping far!! :doh:

Hi

10 months in my opinion is way to long. Thats one of the reasons I looked elsewhere. I guess you would want a 1st march reg so that would be a year! Ridiculous even with 300 M and S vouchers.

I have just ordered a new Yeti. I was looking around at low mileage used cars as I was told by my 2 most local dealers that lead times were of the order of 6 months-plus. I should be collecting my new 1.8 Tsi 4x4 Elegance later this week. I was not after any options (not a lot to choose anyway with the Elegance) and not too worried about colour. Having tied the 1.4 Tsi engine in my Fabia vRS I thought that it would be a nice engine for the Yeti and as I do not do massive miles was not concerned about the higher fuel consumption.

I does seem that new cars are available from stock if you are flexible about model and spec. And I did get a discount on list and a good trade in on my Fabia!

I have just ordered a new Yeti. I was looking around at low mileage used cars as I was told by my 2 most local dealers that lead times were of the order of 6 months-plus. I should be collecting my new 1.8 Tsi 4x4 Elegance later this week. I was not after any options (not a lot to choose anyway with the Elegance) and not too worried about colour. Having tied the 1.4 Tsi engine in my Fabia vRS I thought that it would be a nice engine for the Yeti and as I do not do massive miles was not concerned about the higher fuel consumption.

I does seem that new cars are available from stock if you are flexible about model and spec. And I did get a discount on list and a good trade in on my Fabia!

I'm curious to know why you ordered the 1.8,rather than the 1.4 tsi ?

Is it just because the 1.8 is available straight away?

Really feel for you - struggling to get my head round this!

I ordered 19/3 but didn't sign till 24/3 so guess that was the date of my order. Told about 6 months wait. During the time I changed colour then changed it back. I added a host of extras almost one at a time, eventually taking most apart from electric driver's seat and satnav. My car was Elegance TDI 2.0 170 4x4 DPF. After a couple of build date changes I picked her up 31 weeks to the day. She was built after 28 weeks.

Unless you have gone for DSG and they have a problem with this (?)I really can't understand. My dealer told me if I ordered same car now there was a 9 month wait.

Been told I will get £300 M&S vouchers..... still waiting. Apparently can take up to 6 weeks for them to arrive.

I don't think there is anything else on offer above the £300...but who knows. Sounds like you've been unlucky.

I went from wk 37 to wk 43, to wk 40 so yours could change either way yet. I guess they'll close over Xmas so yours will be soon after New Year restart! Therefore maybe a fairly accurate build week.

Sure you'll enjoy the SM when you get her. Still loving mine after 6 weeks.

Hope it happens soon.

I'm curious to know why you ordered the 1.8,rather than the 1.4 tsi ?

Is it just because the 1.8 is available straight away?

Two reasons - mainly that I definitely want the 4x4 capability as that is a prime reason for changing vehicle and the 1.4 is not available with 4wd, but in any case I prefer the additional performance from the 1.8. To be honest I never even looked at a smaller petrol engine although could have been interested in 140 or 170ps diesel if I had found anything available.

I'm a curious about reports of immediate delivery on 1.8 TSI's. I'm waiting delivery of a 1.8TSI SE+ - I ordered on 21.09.2011 and was given a provisional delivery date of 21.01.2012, 4 months.

Latest update from the dealers is build week 1, having moved from build week 50 (apparently the factory is closed week 51-52 for christmas). When I ordered there were no new Yeti's of any specification for immediate delivery. There were a few used 'nearly new' available available through the network.

It appears that petrols come through a little quicker than diesels, but even if mine is delivered as per estimation (which is not certain!)it will still be 4 months. It seems a lot of people are now being given week 1 build dates, I believe this may be the factory saying not this year, we will re-estimate in the new year, but time will tell!

I ordered via Motorline in Dartford and specified options of Steel gray paint, Spitzberg alloys, heated screen, silver rails and a spare wheel, so nothing too complicated! Didn't consider the 1.4 as I wanted 4x4 and generally drive less than 9000 miles a year,so didn't want additional complications of DPF and DMF with the diesel. If I was doing more than 10-12k a year would've gone for the 170 diesel.

Regards

Charlieian

That's a ludicrous wait, I'd be really leaping up and down by now.

We were so lucky with ours I still can't believe it. Ordered third week August, came mid October. 2.0TDi 4x4 SE. Dark blue. heated screen, tow bar, spare wheel, offroad, rough road kit. so hardly a standard spec.

Glad it's here now that it's snowing. Put it's winter wheels/tyres on yesterday.

Really feel for you - struggling to get my head round this!

I ordered 19/3 but didn't sign till 24/3 so guess that was the date of my order. Told about 6 months wait. During the time I changed colour then changed it back. I added a host of extras almost one at a time, eventually taking most apart from electric driver's seat and satnav. My car was Elegance TDI 2.0 170 4x4 DPF. After a couple of build date changes I picked her up 31 weeks to the day. She was built after 28 weeks.

Unless you have gone for DSG and they have a problem with this (?)I really can't understand. My dealer told me if I ordered same car now there was a 9 month wait.

Been told I will get £300 M&S vouchers..... still waiting. Apparently can take up to 6 weeks for them to arrive.

I don't think there is anything else on offer above the £300...but who knows. Sounds like you've been unlucky.

I went from wk 37 to wk 43, to wk 40 so yours could change either way yet. I guess they'll close over Xmas so yours will be soon after New Year restart! Therefore maybe a fairly accurate build week.

Sure you'll enjoy the SM when you get her. Still loving mine after 6 weeks.

Hope it happens soon.

Ooops!

Well there we go! Just mentioned that I'm still waiting for £300 M&S vouchers and guess what arived this lunch time?! Sorry no prizes.... but SWMBO will now have her xmas pressie!! Gratefully received.

Just a quick update - mine was build week 47 - landed at Emden on Dec 1st - and there it currently remains as at 1610hrs Fri 9th Dec!!!! :thumbdown:

And my build weeks have moved from 1 (petrol)and 5 (diesel) to 2 and 4.

May get them both early March if lucky.

Ordered my Yeti in Feb for Sep delivery. Then told it had been put back, and back, and back till end Feb 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Got a phone call last Monday to say it's here and awaiting delivery on Wed 14th!!!

Confused but happier, been without a Skoda since June but went mad and bought a L/R Defender 90 in the meantime. It's old (without ECU/EMU) so can do what I like to it (including welding!!)

Jerry

Bath

UK

Ordered my greenline on June 5th and was given an approximate 6 month delivery date.

I was then told early march, aaaaarh Just got a phone call shes getting delivered to my work next thursday 15th yes........happy days....

Still provisional as it stands though Richard,

But let's hope they are both here for early March (we need your DSG)!!

Further update in a week or so.

And my build weeks have moved from 1 (petrol)and 5 (diesel) to 2 and 4.

May get them both early March if lucky.