IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - SHARK PERFORMANCE

shark_90

ANNOUNCEMENT: IMPORTANT CHANGES AT SHARK PERFORMANCE

Dear Briskodians

As a core community that have supported Shark Performance from the early days, we have decided to annouce our upcoming changes to the community first.

Some of my friends and customers of Shark Performance may already know, but for those of you who don't, I will be taking a large amount of leave through much of 2012. I will remain part of the management team at Shark Performance, however I will be stepping down from my role as Managing Director for a period of approximately 6 months, in order to deal with some medical problems.

Without getting too deeply in to the situation, I have a rare genetic illness which causes tumours in a select group of glands in the body. I now have four pancreatic tumours and this means that I will have to have an operation to remove it/them. The need for an operation has been underlying for some time and so far it has been possible to put it off, but the time has now come to tackle this stage of the problem which will mean some lengthy time off.

We have planned my temporary departure to ensure that we can continue to offer the wide range of services that we currently offer, and so that there will be a smooth transition between now and my return to work. Dates are yet to be confirmed but I will be attending the Autosport show along with the rest of the team at the beginning of the year, and shortly afterwards a full handover to Mikko will commence. I expect to be leaving sometime around mid February.

Throughout this time, Mikko will be picking up my role full time and will be based at our head office in Mansfield. Mikko has a huge amount of experience in running a workshop and of course tuning, and will continue in his current role as Technical Director heading up our technical operations as well as fulfilling my day-to-day role. This will ensure that business will continue as normal and our development work will not be affected.

We are also pleased to welcome another member to the team, Craig. Craig has joined the team as Operations Director. Craig brings with him a wealth of business experience and his role will focus on ensuring that the business runs well and efficiently. In my absence, Craig will also ensure that we can continue to offer a high level of customer service moving forward. Craig will take over the operational side of the business and will work closely with Mikko and the existing head office team.

So, in short, it's business as usual for Shark Performance, but there'll be a better looking man at the top and more staff to help you! Throughout my period of leave I will be relinquishing all day-to-day responsibilities to Mikko, Craig and the team and will therefore be off the radar for a while, to enable me to recover as quickly as possible.

I hope that you can continue to support Shark Performance in everything that we do, and while we are doing absolutely everything we can to ensure that all the loose ends are tied up, please bear with us all if any difficulties arise.

Best regards

Ben

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As said before ben

You have the full team in place behind you with a great customer base. Your in good enough hands to not need to worry about work for a long time.

Wish you a speedy recovery and enjoy the rest, you need it with the crazy hours you work.