Fish and Chip Sunday. February 5th 2012 NOW IN WHITBY

Auric Goldfinger

I would prever Whitby, as Scarborough has gone a bit the way of Blackpool and lost its soul , Whiby nearer for North East guys as well, but ok with Scarborogh if other members would like it there, and Emma, you have not seen my car really clean( was raining last time, not an issue with cleaning before or after meet, just want it the cleanest whilst we are there :giggle:

I'm going to have to stand up for Scarborough on this one - seeing as I live here. Comparing it to Blackpool is a tad unfair and as for soul, you just need to know where to look. Give it a chance, you may rekindle the love you lost last time you were here. :p

In terms of driving though, the drive from Pickering to Whitby is by far the best route. The A64 to Scarborough is one of the most annoying roads around. If it's clear, you can make 'good progress'. If there's a Rover 25 or Suzuki Wagon R doing 40mph with 20 cars behind then it's utterly frustrating.

I'm up for either, and to be honest the road from Scarborough to Whitby is also a cracking drive so it gives me a good excuse. Otherwise I only have to roll downhill for a bit and I'm by the seafront.

I can't say yes or no at the moment as we've just had a baby a month ago and family stuff is quite hectic. Three kids five and under means that I can't find time to clean the car let alone sneak off for a drive.

Yes I go Pickering to Whitby on moor road past goathland etc awesome road, and Emma want a bet, do you take the wheels off to detail , I do :yes:

I do when i dont have 16' steel wheels on it :giggle:

Also put wheel sealant on :thumbup:

• Like 1

just done a route for if people are up for a drive, any suggestions welcome

http://maps.google.c...-8&hl=en&tab=wl

I think 160 miles is enough of a drive without doing anymore we havent all got diesels you know( £6.32 a gallon and I get an average of 24 ,so £42.13 just there and back :S

just done a route for if people are up for a drive, any suggestions welcome

http://maps.google.c...-8&hl=en&tab=wl

I think 160 miles is enough of a drive without doing anymore we havent all got diesels you know( £6.32 a gallon and I get an average of 24 ,so £42.13 just there and back :S

I can't get the link to work, but if the drive is 160 miles, count me out for that.

It's a long enough trip just getting there and back!

I can't get the link to work, but if the drive is 160 miles, count me out for that.

It's a long enough trip just getting there and back!

the 160 miles is blues journey to the meet and back... (mine is further! lol..) I cant get the link to work either, but I am up for a drive for sure!

the 160 miles is blues journey to the meet and back... (mine is further! lol..) I cant get the link to work either, but I am up for a drive for sure!

220 mile round trip just to the meet for me emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

I'm up for a meet. I thought the date might clash with rallies or training days, but it doesn't. :thumbup:

I would be happy to meet at Scarborough for a change. I have not been there for 10 or 15 years so it would be different. Also we've been to Whitby recently anyway. I would also be happy with Whitby as for me it's not as far (approx 30 mins less), and know the place well as I regularly go there.

If we are not happy with parking on the sea front, I'm sure Scarborough will have a car park which is as good as the one at Whitby Abbey.

You missed one.

1, Mrs and Mrs Goldfinger

2, PhilP1903 (maybe)

3, Sharkrider

4, vrsadz

5, GrahamVRS

6, Ema_jane

7, chrisw880 (maybe)

8. Softscoop

9, bluevRS

10, Jim H

:thumbup:

I'm up for a meet. I thought the date might clash with rallies or training days, but it doesn't. :thumbup:

You had not copied and pasted Jim, if your names not on the list your not coming in ( in a gruff bouncer voice!) :giggle: ok go on then it is now :yes:

See I said I was going to this one, but I forgot to add my name to the list. :p I thought if people had read what I'd written, they'd add me to the list anyway.

I better go as you need a briskoda fish and chip expert to give you his opinion. :giggle: I'd be up for a drive some good roads round there.

1, Mrs and Mrs Goldfinger

2, PhilP1903 (maybe)

3, Sharkrider

4, vrsadz

5, GrahamVRS

6, Ema_jane

7, chrisw880 (maybe)

8. Softscoop

9, bluevRS

10, Jim H

11. Harry_vRS (Maybe)

12. Kermit82

I'll go down as a possible, bearing in mind it might not cost me anything ;)

1. Mrs and Mrs Goldfinger

2. PhilP1903 (maybe)

3. Sharkrider

4. vrsadz

5. GrahamVRS

6. Ema_jane

7. chrisw880 (maybe)

8. Softscoop

9. bluevRS

10. Jim H

11. Harry_vRS (Maybe)

12. Kermit82