32KOFDATA ///// Fabia Sport (MKII)

32KOFDATA

• 2 weeks later...

uL2EDY9.jpeg

Apologies for the crappy photo but today I had a bit of time to almost complete the dual reverse light mod.

So since my car is left hand drive I had to purchase a UK tail light in order to replace my old one and which would provide me with a reverse light chamber rather than a fog light chamber. Then I simply run a line from one reverse light to the other in order for both to light up which to be honest was very easy to understand and do.

The tricky part of course is the fog light. At the moment as I see it I got two options:

1. Either drill a hole right next to the reverse light and install a fog light bulb or probably an led or

2. drill a hole on the bumper or the diffusor's middle cap and install there the fog light.

Will think about it more during this week and then make my move. Will keep you posted.

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Need some advice with painting the headlights? How long did it take? Was it easy to do?

Cheers :) your fabia looks fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opening the original headlights with a heatgun or an oven (loads of youTube videos regarding the process) didn't help. The headlights are sealed with a very hard epoxy.

So the best next thing was to purchase a set of DEPO headlights. These are aftermarket replicas which are sealed with a sealant that when warmed softens enough to allow you to pry open the headlights without issues.I used a heatgun as I found it easier to handle and to be honest the whole oven thing is stupid and risky plus you need to have a big oven

After that you simply remove the inside chrome parts - paint them and then put everything back together. Make sure you seal the headlights well otherwise you will have condensation issues.

It is a day's work for sure. 30mins to heat up and open the headlights, then 20mins to remove the innards and from there on masking, painting and waiting. But I suggest you take your time.

At some point I want to re-tackle my original headlights and that is because I saw new interesting way that involves a cutting iron.

But before I do I need to find a donor otherwise I would hate to ruin my Hellas. If I do I will surely document the procedure.

• Like 1

The result is partly to my mech's (and best mate) great knowledge on these engines - He runs a family owned garage called "Nizamis Motorsport". Both him and his uncle except their expertise on Skodas are also very competent rally drivers so whatever change they make or propose I know I'm in safe hands. The work they did on the engine really changed the car's character but up until a few weeks ago there was no programmer in my area that would manage to extract all its power. The second best was 125-130hp.

That is when I met Taxopoulos and after some long nights the result was 20hp more plus extra torque and an engine that works much better and safer than ever before. He is a great guy to work with and has the brains for all these new TSi engines and especially the DSG gearbox. At the moment I don't know anyone else who knows how to re-program a DSG gearbox.

Anyways you could always drop him a line through his Facebook account or website.

• Like 1

Besides a tiny mark on the emblem for a used item I shouldn't complain at all. Seems legit and I noticed a TRW barcode inside - what is odd is the second barcode underneath which seems to me the original one again from TRW.

By the way TRW makes a number of items for the VW group like brake pads, airbags etc. Anyways I will see if I can remove the old one and put the new one on this weekend. Will keep you posted and document for everyone who is interested.

With this one done I will never ever again have to deal with badges :p

Yj13WJb.jpeg

Wxm7bdq.jpeg

cqjL1sc.jpeg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 4

New cover was installed today and looks much better than the previous one.  :thumbup:

The whole procedure needs patience and care, most important everything is safe and works as it is supposed to.

Still very skeptical if I want to post in public the procedure though.   :think:

u4dIv5u.jpeg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 4

New cover was installed today and looks much better than the previous one.  :thumbup:

The whole procedure needs patience and care, most important everything is safe and works as it is supposed to.

Still very skeptical if I want to post in public the procedure though.   :think:

Sometimes an air of mystery is better :D

• Like 1

all mods are carried out at your own risk, I nor Briskoda.net cannot be held liable for any injuries or loss of life or damage to property howsoever caused :thumbup:

Nah, keep it mysterious ;)

• Like 1

Hi 32K, I came to your project just today and I am amazed what you did to your fabia, awesome!  I really like the way you kept the overall shape (exterior and interior) of your fabia, I really want to improve mine without being too intrusive with the modifications.

I am from Ecuador, and the main problem here is that I cannot find accesories to "pimp" my fabia. 

The first two things I would like to upgrade are the stereo and the dashboard, I want bluetooth and iPod functions, my car dealer hasn't been able to help in these upgrades, so seeing your modifications I kindly ask you:

- The car stereo, the factory stereo shows a picture of the obstacles detected by the parking sensors, does your aftermarket stereo shows them too?

- Your dashboard and central information screen is upgraded right? How did you managed to do that too?

Vauw! This is far the best looking Fabia 2 i've seen!

I only came too see how you managed to get the back dome light working, but now this is my new place to go to for mods!

How did you manage to get an updated MFA? Can you give me a link or something? Does your new MFA function like a GPS?

You need to do:

Remote trunk opening, very easy mod (dont know if you have it): http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/225737-fabia-remote-trunk-opening/

Footwell ligthning, cant see if you have this one?

Do you have the trunk hooks in the back? Or do you know how to order and install them?

Dennis

- The car stereo, the factory stereo shows a picture of the obstacles detected by the parking sensors, does your aftermarket stereo shows them too?

- Your dashboard and central information screen is upgraded right? How did you managed to do that too?

Hello JaguarX and thank you for the kind words :)

Unfortunately my car didn't come with parking sensors. They are aftermarket so they only beep to indicate distance from obstacles that is why I didn't think twice when I changed my ugly Dance factory unit with the Pioneer I got now. In your case if you remove your factory stereo you will loose as far as I know your parking display. Up to this point I don't know anyone who has managed to make the factory parking sensors to "talk" properly to an aftermarket head unit.

As for the maxidot dashboard I got it from a scrap yard in Germany. You need an experienced electrician who has the knowledge and most of all the software to do the work for you. Dealerships will not install it for you because it is almost like hacking the unit in order to make it work properly with your immobilizer and inputting the car's correct mileage.