How Fast are Briskoda?

PastyBoy

It's probably to discourage lots of spectators, as it's not that type of event and there are minimal facilities.

That track is not used for general track days IIRC, it's mainly just for special events.

Having said that though it was £12 for the Action Day on Saturday and everyone seemed to be fine with that that just went along to watch...

Thing is Richard as you've said, Bedford doesn't have the spectator facilities. At Combe, you can spend the day alternating between walking round viewing displays & looking at the track events. £12 can be a day well spent. Whereas, like I said, if you're just going to watch one specific group at How Fast, you're paying a tenner to be couped up in one area for 2 hours & that's your day!

I recon, if they want to 'discourage' spectators. They should either say...participants only. Or each participant is allowed to bring a max number of named spectators with them. ie. 2 per car etc.

This way just seems greedy to me. We don't really want you, we've got no facilities for you, but sod it, we'll have your money anyway!

That's really tight of them to charge if you ask me :doh:

Agreed :sweat:

I seem to remember parking up in the outer carpark bit (near the aircraft hangers) and if you wanted to go over the track into the pit area to spectate for the session (or passenger in a track car) you had to pay extra and get a wristband (you could take your car in as a spectator but it had to be parked up at the side of the pitlane out of the way). The pits had a small inside bit where you could get coffee and snacks and hire helments. If you didn't want to pay and join your mates in the pits then there was a supermarket down the road to while away a couple of hours :(

We don't really want you, we've got no facilities for you, but sod it, we'll have your money anyway!

Classic Palmer for you.

That and trying to take off in his helicopter right underneath a parachute team doing a display over Brands Hatch :rofl:

• If the Spectators are coming in the car thats going on track you should get away without paying, I've never had to pay for my passengers on the couple of occasions i've been there. The Pits area has loos and drinks machines only but then sometimes depending on the organizer they will have Cafe style facilities. They don't encourage too many spectators as the pit area as it does not have much room for parking.

Edited by Soot1e

Monday Monday please don't rain

Monday Monday a wet track day would be a pain!

Looking forward to this! :D

The 15 minutes at Combe last weekend has whetted by appetite for track driving again :thumbup:

Monday Monday please don't rain

Monday Monday a wet track day would be a pain!

Looking forward to this! :D

The 15 minutes at Combe last weekend has whetted by appetite for track driving again :thumbup:

I was just saying the same! :D

Initial long range forecast (from what I can tell) suggests high pressure building from the west toward the end of the weekend, so hopefully calm and dry conditions for Monday? :thumbup:

• Like 1

The forecast on the BBC that I watched last night said rain on Monday in Bedfordshire.

Fingers crossed it will be dry. Monday here we come :rock:

I know people probably know, but I just thought I'd put this up to save people asking...

10:00 Arrive and sign on

10:30 Briefing

11:00 One hour of practice lapping

12:00 Timed lapping begins

13:00 Event ends

101 dB(A) noise limit.

I have asked about video cameras and they need to be securely mounted.

Specifically I asked about those on suckers as some circuits don't like them, the answer was to check with the marshals on the day but provided they are securely attached they should be fine.

Harry you should order a decibel killer just in ?ase as they are stricked !!!

Yes, if you are slightly over they are very strict. Probably worth the £20 or so for the hassle of going for nothing...

what about if the car smokey a little bit

like castle combe lol

Never had a problem myself.

The marshals were a bit concerned at Brands Hatch (also MSV) but once they realised it was actually a diesel I had no complaints.

Well, from other drivers in Caterhams I overtook and gave a face full of soot to, :giggle::angel: but not the people running the track.

Mine was 93db at Combe last Saturday, he said it was the loudest of our group of diesels (I don't think the car is that loud really!). Rather odd though as last time I was at Combe it was 87db....

Think I may have jumped on the pedal a bit quick and caused a spike which peaked a bit high - so just be gentle bringing the revs up ;)

Mine was 93db at Combe last Saturday, he said it was the loudest of our group of diesels (I don't think the car is that loud really!). Rather odd though as last time I was at Combe it was 87db....

They couldn't test the Yeti properly.

It has a rev limiter and you can't rev it over 2500 unles you are moving. So I only got upto 70-odd. :giggle:

He kept telling me to rev it to 4000 and I offerered him to try in the end... but they let me off.

Knackered turbo? :D

They couldn't test the Yeti properly.

It has a rev limiter and you can't rev it over 2500 unles you are moving. So I only got upto 70-odd. :giggle:

He kept telling me to rev it to 4000 and I offerered him to try in the end... but they let me off.

Mine’s the same

I thought it was cream crackered to start with, until told that's how it should be :(

Hell, that's really loud Harry. :o But I can't believe it's that high on tickover. Sounds wrong.

Best get a decibel killer and a proper tester ASAP!