LEGO, are you ever too old?

Tech1e

You are right, sorting out the parts into different colours is best. I would have thought that the bags could be coded somehow against the 3 instruction manuals.

And when it's built it may look something like this:

Lego%25202012-02-18%2520001.JPG

I have exactly the same set up, but also use the towing spec lift of the truck to tow my old 1990 Lego Team American Truck (MC5580), because it's looking a bit tatty now.

I've not done very well, I ended up buying the excavator, the new logging truck, the container truck, the Unimog, the supercar and the flatbed truck. They're still enjoyable to build and marvel at the engineering, all the gearing in the flat bed truck is very impressive but with the logging truck I get the impression the designers were bored and fancied a challenge. It has a single motor with which it drives four isolating gear sets which put the stands down, rotate the crane arm, move the lower part of the crane arm or the higher part of the crane arm although the grab is all manual. The pistons in the engine are driven using one of the rear sets of wheels which has a differential between the wheels connected to an axle running up the chassis, through the steering system and up to the engine so that if either wheel turns, the engine turns.

I put this video together of the bulldozer:

John

• 1 year later...

That Caterham is awesome.

I can't wait till the boy is a bit older so I can start buying Lego. I want the super star destroyer and the camper van. I do like to go to the new Lego shop in Leeds of a lunch time and gaze in wonderment.

My latest creation...

Turned this...

32759c767b3014330fbd7a41c8e068cc.jpg

Into this...

761d76f80cd93844950fab433bcb69b6.jpg

With motors and remote.

The articulation is amazing and the dog kept amused from the comfort of the sofa. :)

• Like 1

Cracking CFB - I've since added the Helicopter and F1 car to my collection.

Does the helo fly? :giggle:

Now that would be really clever

....I can't wait till the boy is a bit older so I can start buying Lego....

Quite right, you can't. Do it now ;)

('Scuse me butting in - just found this topic. Some of our 'family' Lego is round 40 years old and is well into its third generation of designer/builders.)

• Like 1

Does the helo fly? :giggle:

Now that would be really clever

If the kids get hold of it, they will probably try and make it fly.

You can fit the motor pack into it but not tried that yet - have a motor in the Flatbed truck so may transfer it across.

• Like 1

Next on my want list:

10240 Red Five X-wing Starfighter

10221 Super Star Destroyer

10225 R2-D2

21103 Back to the Future Time Machine

10188 Death Star

9516 Jabba's Palace

8110 Mercedes-Benz Unimog U 400

10220 Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

10226 Sopwith Camel

21101 HAYABUSA

All the modular buildings that are still avail - grand emporium, etc.

Any got any series 10 of the mini figures yet :)?

Yes, got most of them aside from the revolutionary soldier, the sailor and Mr Gold. When Tescos restocked I was going to have one final go at finishing the series off but the Tesco security guard wasn't too impressed at me feeling the packets so I didn't continue and haven't had another go since.

John

That's nothing John. I once got busted by a security guard at boots, sneaking bars of soap back into the store so I could buy them again after I cleared them out. The boots points on the soap were worth like 3x what the soap cost. :)

• Like 1

That's nothing John. I once got busted by a security guard at boots, sneaking bars of soap back into the store so I could buy them again after I cleared them out. The boots points on the soap were worth like 3x what the soap cost. :)

:D

Sainsbury have an offer of 8p off a litre of fuel if you spend £20 on TU clothes.

Been in several times and bought stuff just over the £20 , got the vouchers then taken the clothes back to the other local store.

Sneaky but what the heck. :giggle:

• 4 months later...

So, things got a bit out of hand over the last few months. Bought:

Cuusoo Hayabusa

Super Star Destroyer

Fire Brigade

Grand Emporium

Tower Bridge

3 UCS B-Wings

and just got a http://www.lego.com/en-gb/technic/products/construction/42009/a on the 3 for 2 on all toys deal at Argos :) (couple of colleagues joined me). We would have got a unimog each on the same deal too but Argos haven't got any stock.

Half built one of the B-Wings so far. The rest are in the loft / basement. Got most of the above on decent savings off list. The B-Wings were only just over £100 in the Lego shop when they were selling off their remaining stock.

• Like 2

I know how you feel Nick.

I bought the big Excavator first, next came the Unimog, after that the 4x4 Crawler and now the Crane has also already been built (by my son).  :rock:

These things are amazing!

My Technic collection now sits at:

Flat bed Truck

Tractor (on back of truck!)

Helicopter

F1 Car

Motorbike

Camper Van

Am torn between the crane and the recovery truck, although that is very similar to the flat bed truck so it could be the crane.

Trouble is, the crane is that big I don't think I have anywhere to put it.