Gees RS Wagon

GeeVRSman

As this is quite a large thread now i thought i would link everything up for ease of navigation on how toos/pics etc.

Want to say special thanks to W8 performance (rob), Pete, (group1rs) Charlie (dark_hero) clive @cntuning (lol x ) rob clubley for his website for all ya help over the last year.

Check out my hybrid fabia thread too
http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/325339-gees-hybrid-senew-turbo-ooh-shiny/

ill stop being all romantic now, hope these linkys help people and briskys search function.

1. Running power lead through bulk head for Amps (how to)
2. Carbon Wrapping
3. Wide Mouth Front bumper
4. Custom Gauge pods pt1 (how to)
5. Rear reversing Cam
6. Rear wiper washer fluid leak fix (how to)
7. Arm rest re-trim
8. Boost Gauge pipe installation
9. Custom gauge pods pt2
10.Custom FMIC (crash bar)
11.Blacked out head lights
12.Braided Servo /fuel lines (how to)
13.Custom FMIC (Piping)
14.Roof Wrapping (how to)
15.Spoiler removal
16.Spoiler Wrapping
17.Dash LED conversion pt1 * * * Finished pt 2

18. Front bumper side vents (how to)

This is how she looks near the end of this thread :)

IMAG4141.jpg

So.. i find myself only weeks after my 30th birthday going from a very slammed highly modded VW Bora seen here..
DSCF2549.jpg

to this..
IMAG0065-1.jpg

Is this what the decade of middle age-ness is to bring?? emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

The Rs has had 1 owner from new. Full Skoda Service history, half leather interior, Factory Dog guard. I picked it up for £1500. It was far from perfect. It had been sat for a long time as there was weeds growing underneath it, and the Ali in the bay has gone all white. I dont thing the bonnet had ever been opened other than the yearly service by Skoda. The bonnet catch was all stiff and did not open properly. there was 4-5mm thick dried oil residue all round the filler cap, the aircon clutch was ceized, the SAI was blowing it brains out and the starter motor farted when you started it. The front bumper was not fitting correctly, there was damp in the back and the seat belts were moldy!

Sounds lovley eh?

I was going to walk away from it until i drove it. Needless to say there was not 1 rattle, 1 knock, 1 squeek. It pulled as it should, it stopped how it should and it felt as tight as a nuns .... (ill let you finish that) The wife was with me and i asked her to keep me on the straight and narrow when looking at it and if it was a shed to walk away. She tried this but my mind was set from the test drive. as long as they drop on price i would buy it. Looking at the Paper work, it was due a cambelt, and a service. Plus all the other bits i offered him £1300. The geeza pretty much laughed at me which i knew he would but you gotta try eh?
We agreed on a de-mold, 6 months tax and £1500. for a vRS estate i think i done well.
here pics from the dealers..
IMAG0067.jpg
IMAG0063.jpg
IMAG0064.jpg

I get it to work and its up on the ramp, everything is how it should be, I got myself this little lot...
323048_253619841375716_100001831058979_6

Cambelt
Water pump,
Tentioners
Bolts
Air filter
oil filter
Oil
Fuel filter
Platinum sparks

Fitted all that little lot and tried to sort the bumper. having loads of mk4 platform cars, i assumed the bumper would simply slide and clip in. No. this..
IMAG0062.jpg
IMAG0060.jpg
I could not get this to sit flush. The underside of the bumper had been pulled down as if someone had reversed over something and got it caught.
Got my self a LCR splitter and took off the bumper for the first time. All body work was as it should be, not bent/rusted/damaged in anyway so was confused as to why the bumper would not fit.
heres a cheeky LCR pic..
IMAG0115.jpg

I has at this point tried hot water over the bumper and it worked a bit but did not touch the offside. so the mission continued....

I got myself some Bosch Aero wipers front and rear, they look alot nicer. (no pics of those atm) i hav also used the wiper arms from the bora to make them look even nicer.

Yesterday i was determined to fix this poxy bumper!!
Whilst it was off again i found a couple of small gardens when removing the inner arch. I have had this on my bora as its common but this took the pee pee..
IMAG0128.jpg
after clearing it out this is how it was..
IMAG0132.jpg
much better.. Whilst this was all off i fitted this little bad boy..
IMAG0129.jpg
IMAG0133.jpg
IMAG0137.jpg
IMAG0138.jpg

I was going to cut out the passenger side grill with all those little diamond shapes to allow air flow but found that a 3" pip pits perfectly along the inner side of the bumper to the centre grill.
IMAG0140.jpg
IMAG0139.jpg
So i removed the drivers side garden.. emoticon-0136-giggle.gif
IMAG0142.jpg
and finally got the bloody bumper sitting correctly
IMAG0143.jpg
IMAG0145.jpg
More to come shortly

Edited by GeeVRSman
  • Like 1

Today i got modding... Some toys arrived.

LED puddle lights..

IMAG0147.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

interior light

IMAG0104-1.jpg

Some number plate lights..

IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

Same LEDS as the number plate in the sides,

IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

And a swap over of the Skanky old orange bulbs for some osram rainbow thingys..

IMAG0154.jpg

A few things were really bugging me about the car... 1st off this...

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

This is the bonnet stay.. Rusty as you like.... So i attacked it..

this is how it turned out...

IMAG0159.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

Second was this mess..

IMAG0161.jpg

a quick half hour with a rag and some brake cleaner lol

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

I got this in the other day as well... There will be more of this soon as there is another reason i bought an estate..

IMAG0095-1.jpg

IMAG0096-1.jpg

Plans were to slam this, widen it, camber it and pretty much Euro it up But i have enjoyed the ride, the ability to go over speed bumps and the shock people get when it shoots off. I have a Simota Induction im building atm, im waiting for 1 more componant to arrive and ill pop a pic up of all that. It sounds like darth vader at the mo and will suck up small children that happen to be walking along side the car! Deffo need to keep this a sleeper. Going for a trip to R-tech when the wallet (and wife) allow it. time to get livley!!!

Hope i have not bored you to much, I have had the car a week today and i never thought i would hear myself say, i love a skoda over any Audi and VW i have owned! Somthing about it. I cant wait to get time to detail it to see how she looks all shiny show! :thumbup:

Edited by Gee-man

good work so far. i like that you have tackled the issues first rather than mod. I need to get on with mine and clean her up in all the places that you just dont touch. engine bays are my soft spot!

Hats off to you for being brave enough (or should that be mad enough) to buy it and seeing it's potential :thumbup:

LED puddle lights..

IMAG0147.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

Not seen these before, where did you get them?

• Like 1

these are just LED Fesoon bulbs mate. :) i got mine over a year ago, its 5 SM LEDs on a board with festoon attachments either end.

Added my Induction on to it today. Need to modify the battery tray so i can fit the cover back on. (hence zip ties) sound mad.. dont half get some funny looks from people when they expect to see a maxed out car and see a standard Skoda estate! Nice cold air, no heat soak, and can drive it in the wet without fear of hydro locking. I made the same system on 1 of my old audis and it gave G readings from the maf (via vag com) miles higher than a popular Carbon fibred pipe system. The pipe is a little to short in comparison to my old system so i mite extend it so the filter sits more to the front of the car near the head light.

324794_260123697391997_100001831058979_650169_362624956_o.jpg

you mite be able to see the front Slam panel is all rough and 2 small patches sprayed. I got the wire wheel on it to remove the small bits of bubble rust under the paint. Glad its just of the top and not rotted the metal. I will be attacking this on sunday as thats the only day off a week i get.

Thanks for all the comments s far peeps.. and yes, im a loon... i do like a challenge. I cant stand to see a rare (ish) car just sit there and rot.

gizmo, what do you charge to tinker with VCDS? I have vag com and have yet to plug it in. Can you do Auto windows, lit needles, alarm bleep and stuff on these Octys as you can on the mk4s? any other tricks??

I believe the auto windows and lit needles both need VAG -Commander as this is not something VCDS can do.

From memory on a MKI VCDS can do:

Alarm chirps,

selective locking,

anti-hijack

Seatbelt warning chime (on some cars)

There will be other things I'm sure but it's been a while since I've done a MKI so these are off the top of my head.

• Like 1

got some Aero wiper pics today and a little sneaky one of my winter mode bora and the RS.

IMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0192.jpg

IMAG01941.jpg

The areos really make a difference. Thy are more subtle and less in ya face like the others were.

Other than clearing enough space in my garage to make the RS fit, i aint really done that much. :giggle:

i did, and for what ever reason the paint under the rear VRS badge looks all melted. I think the badge has been glued on before.

was 1 of the first things i did. :S

Today i vanish into my garage and tell the wife im doing "stuff" She knows that means im going to modify the car. And nearly right she was. If your expecting big amps and subs, that comes soon! but for now...

my mission was to make this lot..

IMAG0200.jpg

become part of my car without flapping about in the rear side cubby holes. so.. i did.

i started with a blade and hacked this little divide out as i thought to myself its waisted space so why not.

IMAG0198.jpg

sorry i didnt get no pics of a before but im sure you all know what they look like.

IMAG0197.jpg

IMAG0196.jpg

Job done.. No.. i put the carpet back down and it did not sit level so i carried on with my controlled hacking..

i eventually got it level, and added these to complete my little mobile stealth tool kit

IMAG0201.jpg

IMAG0205.jpg

I stepped back and thought.. i could make my little box of fuses fit on that little side bit to the right

IMAG0206.jpg

and started with the hacking again and thought its a space to big for a small fuse tub,

so i made it to fit this..

IMAG0207.jpg

a little trim up to accomidate the fuses on top of the star sockets and i ended up with this..

IMAG0208.jpg

IMAG0213-1.jpg

IMAG0214.jpg

to top it off i found this in te spare wheel..

IMAG0216.jpg

only a Genuine cargo net!!!

IMAG0217.jpg

IMAG0218.jpg

IMAG0219.jpg

Happy days! Quite impressed with the cargo net find!

Edited by Gee-man

so my teaser didnt work.. (fail) Heres whats really going in to the boot build... Im going for some serious roof rippling lows...

Steve mead is my hero.. (you tube him if you dont know who he is)

8000watts RMS of ampage...

IMAG0009.jpg

Soon to be followed by 2x 12.2" Orion HCCA 2000watt RMS Subs.. Im collecting parts atm, Mids and Tops are sorted. 8 tweeters, 6 mids, Eq, Bass controller, solid battery terminals, 0 gauge wire, uprated Alternator, 100farad comp cap (not this cheap halford tat that are 1.8 farad tops) Digital distribution blocks. 300+strand speaker wire, loads of cross overs, all to be ran off the Pioneer avh DD touch screen head unit.

Dont know if theres any Audio bass freaks on here but id be interested in what others have done in there octys...

To get...

Alarm

alarm for the alarm incase the alarm fails (thats a joke)

the subs,

2nd battery

upgrade the big 3

couple more amps

tints

some time to fit it all,

i think a remap mite get in before i get the rest of the install. when i finished collecting there will be a good part of 12000watts RMS flowing out the vRS..

Why? Why not! :D

Edited by Gee-man
  • Like 1

Great read, I was impressed with how the bonnet strut came up after a rub-down, that's something I really should have tackled on mine when I had it.

I'll be 30 this year too and tempted to go for another Mk1 Octy but considering a 1.8T 4x4 estate rather than the VRS, I think the older you get the more appealing the estates are!

i could not agree more. I find myself in a constant battle in the bora balancing Boot space between bass and famo. Estate was the only way forwards for me. I would like to get a bonnet strut like the bora has, i would think the Bora one would not be strong enough to hold the octy bonnet as its loads heavier. (unless someone has fitted one from a bora)

I love the estate already.

• Like 1

how much for the yellow top mate? mite be interested in a few weeks if you got it. I have been told i can get higher powered batteries than a yellow top for a load less.. was going to look into that.

Once the boras sold i can crack on with this, the wife will brain me if i keep spending money! lol

how much for the yellow top mate? mite be interested in a few weeks if you got it. I have been told i can get higher powered batteries than a yellow top for a load less.. was going to look into that.

Once the boras sold i can crack on with this, the wife will brain me if i keep spending money! lol

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/226932-optima-yellow-top-battery-best-battery-out-there-75ah/page__pid__2668440#entry2668440

there you go bargain,