How long should they last

I have a Octavia L&K with 51k miles on it since Sep10. the majority of my driving is motorway, but as of yet, I havent needed to change the brake pads.

Never gone for this long in any other car.

just wondered what the longest is that anybody else has gone.

I have a Octavia L&K with 51k miles on it since Sep10. the majority of my driving is motorway, but as of yet, I havent needed to change the brake pads.

Never gone for this long in any other car.

just wondered what the longest is that anybody else has gone.

If it helps, I bought my car with 62K on it 2.5yrs ago. One of the first things I had done were the front disks and pads as the original disks were warped.

The majority of my driving is motorways too, but I'm touching 140k now and the front brakes haven't been touched since having them done at 63K.

I had a Hyundai Santa Fe previously from 11k up to 99k and all I ever did was front pads at 60k 4x tyres at 70k and rear pads at 80k, other than normal 10k services nothing else was touched.

On the other hand I had a Renault Scenic which neede front pads at 18k and pads and discs all round at 36k suffice to say I didn't keep it any longer and won't have another.

Current Octy scout now on 68k and on original discs and pads.

Edited by Anddenton

Bought my car new 2005 done 94k now mixed of everything driving wise, currently on 3rd set of pads (2 changes). When did 3rd set also changed discs, wasn't that the pads needed doing but discs were getting marginal. Got to be honest I've been more than impressed with pad wear, not yet changed rear pads they're still original and still got loads of life in! I know that as it's just been MOT time as well as a service so made a point of asking them to let me know condition on the rears, answer from garage was loads left maybe half worn......

4th Variable service today and MOT at 60,000 miles at Skoda main dealer. All original pads/disks fine. 70% motorway I'd estimate.

Edited by Web Ferret

Changing brake pads without changing the discs .... would it make any difference ??

I'm thinking of getting brembo pads for my octavia which has standard discs all around.

Any suggestions ?

Edited by pz1811