Lowering Options - MK2 Fabia vRS

Feels a little firmer but bearable, I get creaking whilst reversing out of garage but my car is only used at weekends so sits 5days a week untouched.

No wonder it's creaking. If you weren't used all week, you'd creak too :giggle:

Can anybody say anything about h&r coilover kit ?

H&R Ultralow Monotube Coilover Suspension Fabia 5J RS 1.4T Si (03/10-)

TUV Approved

Lower front by 30-55mm

Lower rear by 40-60mm 

Front axel weight up to 960kg

Rear axel weight up to 840kg

Edited by FROMAX

• 8 months later...

Forgot that I removed my pictures from the page they are at so here some more pics (with 18" rims).

15589-02f8d06dcf79d327312c6a3fe942edff_large.jpg

15589-8f4aba70c6897884a2819f36955f48dd_large.jpg

Might be good to add it this time too the first page aswell ;).

(Yes, I know. Thread-revival of doom here, but it is a good thread and it deserves it)!

• Like 3

Hey all...

Is there anyone here that can comment on what their min ground clearance is likely to be after any of these lowering options?

I'm considering lowering mine after delivery next week ( and pending enough clearance on my ramp of a driveway :/ ) but I need at least 100mm clearance to keep it legal.

The specs on the car actually say min clearance is only 129mm, but having looked at it closely I think it appears to be higher.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Cheers!

I could go measure later today when I return home, as right now it is parked on a ground full of snow/ice and each wheel could give a different measurement!

Also, I am not sure the drop is exactly 40mm (maybe a little less) so you could still be ok with the H&R's.

But on a second thought, there is always the 20mm drop Eibachs.

Edited by newbie69

The standard ground clearance quoted is 5.3 inches or 135 mm.

I'm in the same boat with regards to lowering. Eibachs I don't think will be low enough.

So it's either the H&Rs (40mm) or Weitecs (30mm) not sure which!

Any help?

The Skoda figures are 134mm for Fabias & 129mm for vRS & Monte.

That is not the lip at the front on the nose, it can ground behind that and than you need the approach of that for a slope,
maybe drivers & passengers, luggage & full tank as you go into or out of your drive or some other place.

Its down to what you need, i had coilovers on at standard height and am now back on standard height springs.

george

Roads where you sometimes need to get on the verge to pass something & a little height helps.
Standard height where the bottle is in front of front wheel, is 160mm

Thanks for the info gents...

I'm about to head to the dealer to drop off some insurance info so they can register the car when it's here. I'll see if they can somehow confirm which point of the car Skoda consider to be the lowest, as there are some suspension parts that are exempt from the 100mm legal clearance requirement we have here.

It will still be determined by my driveway too. Hopefully I can have it legal, get in and out the drive ok and minimize that huge gap in the wheel arch.

• 1 month later...

Anymore pics of cars fitted with dealer fit eibachs 20mm?

Also do these springs eliminate some of the awful body roll??

Edited by grapo

The standard car has a 'crashy' ride at best.

I feel that the Eibachs have improved the overall feel and ride of the car, but don't think for a minute that it's going to be comfortable :blush:

Here's a picture of the height drop (complete with the World famous spoiler) :rock:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u221/jonvrs68/20130325_123356_zpsf9e6e027.jpg[/img]"]20130325_123356_zpsf9e6e027.jpg

Edited by jonny boy
  • Like 1

The standard car has a 'crashy' ride at best.

I feel that the Eibachs have improved the overall feel and ride of the car, but don't think for a minute that it's going to be comfortable :blush:

Here's a picture of the height drop (complete with the World famous spoiler) :rock:

20130325_123356_zpsf9e6e027.jpg

• Like 1

Hey all...

Is the H&R kit you Briskodians are using a 40mm drop front and rear?

There seems to be one available here in Australia that is 25mm front and 40mm rear, which by my measurements would look having two large adults permanently strapped into the back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 4 weeks later...

Slight thread revival..

Looking at lowering springs but without new shocks..

Any opinions on H&R 40mm or Weitec 30mm springs? Or even reviews for other lowering springs people have used?

Many thanks!

Slight thread revival..

Looking at lowering springs but without new shocks..

Any opinions on H&R 40mm or Weitec 30mm springs? Or even reviews for other lowering springs people have used?

Many thanks!

I have VWRacing springs going on in a couple of weeks with a Harding Performance rear sway bar. Will let you know what I think.

• 8 months later...