Clap's Fabia vRS

JackClap

Any news Jack?

Not too much really, have considered selling it a few times over the past few months. Urges to buy some sort of fast petrol but I think I would get bored after a few months of it. And for what I could sell the fabia for there isn't a huge amount I really fancy. So most likely going to keep it for a good years and get my moneys worth from it.

In terms of mods there is a few odd bits, mainly just a pile of parts waiting to be fitted. BMC CDA, Vibratechnics engine and gearbox mounts, and some gear shifter linkage bushes from a recent group buy. So will probably start working on it again in the new year.

And the thing I'm most looking forward to.. 

11082628176_780d444d55_n.jpg

• Like 1

Not too much really, have considered selling it a few times over the past few months. Urges to buy some sort of fast petrol but I think I would get bored after a few months of it. And for what I could sell the fabia for there isn't a huge amount I really fancy. So most likely going to keep it for a good years and get my moneys worth from it.

In terms of mods there is a few odd bits, mainly just a pile of parts waiting to be fitted. BMC CDA, Vibratechnics engine and gearbox mounts, and some gear shifter linkage bushes from a recent group buy. So will probably start working on it again in the new year.

And recentley another reason for wanting to get rid of it is the turbo has started showing very early signs of being on the way out. Then a week later it developed some sort of transmission wine. And there is lots of creaking and knocking from the front suspension so I'm sure something needs replacing there. Overall it feels pretty crap to drive compared to what it use to be like. Its going in in January for some work so hopefully that should sort a few things.

And the thing I'm most looking forward to..

11082628176_780d444d55_n.jpg

What turbo have you gone for? :)

One of the cleanest Fabias on the site!

If you decide to sell any of your collection of parts dibs on the gear linkage bushes :)

What turbo have you gone for? :)

One of the cleanest Fabias on the site!

If you decide to sell any of your collection of parts dibs on the gear linkage bushes :)

I went for the Stage 2 PD130 with billet wheel as it was on offer so got it for a rather good price.

The bushes definitely wont be for sale as hopefully they will be on my car in a few week, I just don't like the thought of going out to fit them in this colder weather :)

Great news jack. We'll have to have a meet of some sort soon.

I do keep an eye out in the meets section, but the ones up your way are often just a bit too far for me. Will be at combe again this year so will most likely see you then if you're going.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to see this go Jack!

Will you be at Combe in the octavia?

Rip your brembos off and sell to me :D

I should be at Combe. Probably not in the Octavia though, I may have to try tag onto another stand as I'm not sure I'd be too welcome on the brisky stand in a renault  :giggle:

And if I took off the brembos I would be brakeless!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

was this on the car when you sold it to liam? By the way i have this car now! be sure that i will look after it!

How much did you pay for it? I went to view then walked away. We're any of the issues rectified before it was sold?

Went to see this with Dan. I couldn't believe what was described to be an immaculate car was a big let down. Very rough around the edges.

Hope you got a good deal for it mate. Definitely wasn't worth the money the guy was asking for it, nice a lad as he was.

Put some work in and get it back to its former glory!

Oh and the turbo was standard. Just a remap.

• 2 weeks later...

How much did you pay for it? I went to view then walked away. We're any of the issues rectified before it was sold?

£3700 mate i didnt find any issues with it mate? all just cosmetic? what did you find? lol 

Went to see this with Dan. I couldn't believe what was described to be an immaculate car was a big let down. Very rough around the edges.

Hope you got a good deal for it mate. Definitely wasn't worth the money the guy was asking for it, nice a lad as he was.

Put some work in and get it back to its former glory!

Oh and the turbo was standard. Just a remap.

yes indeed full works is going into it, i found it needed cosmetic work, i felt like i got a good price, and yes the asking price was way way off but all in all im pleased with it.