VRS Lowering

I was all set on getting the Eibach Pro kit for our Octavia vRS estate, I was looking for a set of springs which would lower the car and give it a better look on the road I could afford to have the ride harder as my family are use to been in Type R's but I do not want the car sitting so low that it looks over kill and spoils the practacality of the car.

I contacted Awsome GTI who where very quick to reply to my e-mail and they have said that I should be looking at the Eibach sportline spring kit and not the Pro kits, the pro kits will make a very slight improvement in the looks department, my question is firstly is the sportline springs which drop the car by 45mm be to much for the standard vRS shocks? and secondly will the look be to much like 'pimp my ride'? If I was to go down the sportline route would i need to think about using 15mm wheel spacers as well, or will the wheels look ok as standard, I am a little lost at the moment in what to go for, it would be good if any member has the sportline springs fitted on there vRS estate who could give me some feedback and maybe show me a few picture etc.

Your expertise is most welcoming.

• Like 1

That's strange as Awesome fitted my pro kit and never mentioned the sportlines. If that 45mm drop is accurate, I reckon that's definitely too low on the standard shocks, not sure it would look to good either.

20-30mm is a nice amount on the standard dampers, firms up the ride without getting too harsh. Having previously owned a Type R, the ride in the vRS is still way better.

• Like 1

That's strange as Awesome fitted my pro kit and never mentioned the sportlines. If that 45mm drop is accurate, I reckon that's definitely too low on the standard shocks, not sure it would look to good either.

20-30mm is a nice amount on the standard dampers, firms up the ride without getting too harsh. Having previously owned a Type R, the ride in the vRS is still way better.

I will get a quote from Awsome today with regards to fitting, did they do a good job Nobafett? did you go for some wheel spacer or does your car look good without?

Without seeing any pictures of an vRS on the prokit and sportline springs I was thinking that the sportline would be to much of a drop for me.

Awesome did a good job, no issues at all. I didn't get spacers at the time but eventually got 15mm on the rear and much prefer how it looks now.

The pic above from Moley's car on the pro kit shows you how much better it sits. Another 25mm would ruin the looks/ride and no doubt knacker the dampers.

Thanks for everybody's views/input on this. It seems like a popular topic and no doubt the postings on here may have influenced people's decisions on which way to go regarding lowering. There is some great advice here and obviously people with many motoring miles of experience on the subject.

Personally, I'm going to stick with my initial idea of Eibach Pro's and go for the 20mm drop. Ordered from DC Performance this morning so hopefully I'll get them this week and will look to get them fitted during Easter week.

I will give more feedback and post another picture of my car on this thread when the job is done.

Thanks all.

Rick.

• Like 1

i would like to see the 50mm drop , im looking at dropping my vrs combi think h&r do a 45mm - 50mm kit

But would that drop the already lowered vRS by 50mm or by 38mm (remember the vRS is 12mm, I think) lower than the rest of range

:o ....... I got change from 250 for that little lot!

To have mine done cost £15 for a indian, its great having a boyfriend who knows what he is doing :p

• Like 1

so is anyone not having any issues with the headalight reallignment after lowering?

as i mentioned earlier, i had the eibach prokit installed last week - 20mm drop all round for a vRS.

however the front has dropped 30mm. the rear dropped 20mm, as expected.

there was a 10mm (between front & rear) difference to prior to dropping, and now after lowering, its grown to 20mm difference.

measurements (with full tank) from the ground to the top of the wheel arch:-

before front: 680mm

before rear: 690mm

after front: 650mm

after rear: 670mm

this is causing my self-levelling sensors to think my front wheels r permenantly on a speedbump, and so its keeping the beam donwards = equaling in less throw of light.

i'm booked in with dealers next week to get them realigned.

To have mine done cost £15 for a indian, its great having a boyfriend who knows what he is doing :p

Did you get the alignment checked after? might be a good idea so it doesnt start eating tyres on you :p

Mines being dropped 50mm and it is very useable day to day :)

I think the pre- FL cars ran higher on their stock springs than the later cars. My FL at -45 would scrape over speed bumps, if I'd gone to -50 it would have been scraping everywhere.

I think the pre- FL cars ran higher on their stock springs than the later cars. My FL at -45 would scrape over speed bumps, if I'd gone to -50 it would have been scraping everywhere.

This would surprise me, i thought they would avoid the extra manufacturing costs by using the same set up as the pre FL

• 3 weeks later...

Nice thread.

Im looking at the eibach pro-kit for my 2011 octavia 2.0 TDI (non-vrs). Here in India the octavias sit at a ghastly 165mm unlike the UK ones which sit at 145mm. It was done to handle our pathetic indian roads. But the resulting gap in the wheel arches is big enough to stuff a golf kit in!! I just want to bring it down by about 20mm without compromising on the ride too much ( i have no complaints with the handling of the car as it is right now). Would appreciate your inputs.. Eibach pro-kit the way to go? Is there anything else that i can do to just decrease the gap in the wheel arches without affecting the ride too much?

Attaching a pic of the ugliness that i have to deal with :)

post-75253-0-19732700-1334977575_thumb.jpg

:o ....... I got change from 250 for that little lot!

Eh? That price is for full 4 wheel alignment fitting and the springs? £250? So you paid about £100 for fitting and alignment? Cheap if so

Nice thread.

Im looking at the eibach pro-kit for my 2011 octavia 2.0 TDI (non-vrs). Here in India the octavias sit at a ghastly 165mm unlike the UK ones which sit at 145mm. It was done to handle our pathetic indian roads. But the resulting gap in the wheel arches is big enough to stuff a golf kit in!! I just want to bring it down by about 20mm without compromising on the ride too much ( i have no complaints with the handling of the car as it is right now). Would appreciate your inputs.. Eibach pro-kit the way to go? Is there anything else that i can do to just decrease the gap in the wheel arches without affecting the ride too much?

Attaching a pic of the ugliness that i have to deal with :)

post-75253-0-19732700-1334977575_thumb.jpg

Why not just get a set of uk spec standard or vrs springs and put em in, ?

I had a quote from awesome the other day for supply fit and alignment

£374 incl vat

I have just been quoted by Awesome too!

Eibach Pro Kit Springs all in fitted - £340.60 inc VAT (including alignment) FK 15mm Spacers per side (come with bolts) - £179.98 inc VAT (no fitting charge as long as done with springs)

I would like spacers, not sure if I should get all 4 sides or just back? whats the thinking on this...?

I have asked for a quote from Demon Tweeks but have yet to get a reply, so 1 up for Awesome at the mo, plus they'd give us a courtesy car to take the swmbo shopping in the trafford centre whilst the work is been done(a sweetener if I do get this done) !!