Betty has poorly feet

Big Rich

Well, betty has two poorly feet at the moment.

Caused by wildlife. Squirrel shot across the road, in swerving to miss it ended up clipping a central pedestrain island (didn't think I was that close to it) at about 20-25mph, causing both drivers side tyres to burst and damaging both alloys. Front has a 1 inch chunk out of it and the rear a small chip.

Skoda Assist (RAC) where great and got the wheels to the local Kwik Fit and they fitted some uniroyals (only tyres they had of the size required) so couldn't argue as I was 150 miles from home. Fortuantley, the damage to the alloys doesn't affect the seating of the tyres, and they balanced fine so Kwik Fit don't think that are buckled. Drove the 150 miles back with no noticable difference in the driving no vibrations. Not sure if the uniroyals will affect the MPG or not, only time will tell. It knocked the tracking out by 3mm. Fortuantley,no damage to anything else.

Getting a local wheel refurbisher to see if they can repair the front alloy, or if I'll need to shell out £217.00 (inc vat) for a new moon alloy)

Next time the squirel dies!!

Edited by Big Rich

If it's a Grey Squirrel, kill on sight! I would not damage my car so to do though. Might do what you did if it was a Red. Here in N. Wales we are currently eradicating Greys; not by the method referred to though.

If it's a Grey Squirrel, kill on sight! I would not damage my car so to do though. Might do what you did if it was a Red. Here in N. Wales we are currently eradicating Greys; not by the method referred to though.

That would be a magnificent way to right the population, death by Yeti!

I must admit I like animals a lot more than humans, but some non native breeds such as Mink. American crayfish and grey squirrel's need to be eradicated for the 'greater good'

:'( to hear your Monster has been in the wars and I hope the alloy will re-furb.

Have they fitted both the new tyres on the off-side :wonder: if so would be safer to get them put on the same axle.

Regards,

TP

Yes they are both on the off side. The RAC man was going to move them on the same axle. Problem was they are directional, this wasn't spotted until after we returned to Betty.

So i will be taking this to my local tyre firm to get them to take it off spin it round and and swap rear passenger and front driver wheels around.

Fortuantely, as it's a lease car tyres are included in the maintenance contract. Infortuantely the alloys aren't :(

Anything smaller than a deer ... splat!

Having seen the results of cars hitting sheep or badgers, I'm not so sure, but squirrels, rabbits and pheasants get the bumper guilliotine!!

Anything smaller than a deer ... splat!

I've taken on Deer in my Train and guess who won, ME....... :yes:

The biggest thing I've cleaned up is a full grown black and white cow, it just stood there looking at me, Knackered my train mind you, needed a push to get me home.

And don't pheasants make a hell of a bang when they hit the front, Andy?

Just missed one the other day while on a short break in the Scottish Boarders (took the Fabia II for a change). The daft thing ran out of a hedge forcing me to hit the breaks hard, as there was no way to avoid it otherwise due to oncoming traffic. Made the ABS work for it's living as the Continental PremiumContact2 tyres aren't that premium in terms of contact :no:

TP

And don't pheasants make a hell of a bang when they hit the front, Andy?

They certainly do, as do pigeons and a little bump and there goes another rabbit.

It's not all bad news though as the Kite's have good supply of Train Kill to keep them going so I'm helping nature survive

'er indoors hit a pheasant on Sunday evenig in the Fabia - enormous thump - felt sure there'd be serious damage!

Jumped out when we got home and the only evidence was a smear of blood/gore on the NS headlamp - phew!

Yesterday's biblical rain washed it all off :thumbup:

Hit a hare once at high speed with my vauxhall cavalier Mk 2 on the M61 bust my radiator and one of its ears was lodged in the wires on top of the distributor cap. They had an outward curving deflector that picked up all sorts, hedgehogs, sparrows and a hen pheasant which I thew in the boot and jumped out when I got home but then hung in shed and forgot until it had rotted for a month!

Hare today gone tomorrow.

I once hit a pheasant in a Citroen 2cv and completely wrecked the front wing.

I didn't realise pheasants had a back wing?

• 2 weeks later...