What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

jonny boy

Back when I drove a tow truck, I impounded a quite few cars for being in the way of the the fire brigade or ambulance services. Sometimes I even towed them to a lot further away just to annoy them.

And now that I drive a medcarrier, its even more annoying. We really need to be fitted with lights and sirens. This sucks.

The Pug who braked sharply to come to a stop 3 car lengths from a stop sign and then crawled forward so he could actually see to pull out. Oh, and the car had no brake lights at all.

Deliberate attempt at getting me to rear end them? Fortunately the GFs Yaris stops quite nicely. Do need to get a dash cam in there though.

It mightnt have been deliberate - I had a guy ahead of me on way to work last night who did the same thing... because they subsequently proved they just werent able to drive their 2012 plate Focus saloon.

In the last 6 weeks i have overtaken and flagged in an Artic - No brake lights on his trailer, i nearly ran into him twice, and he had no idea.

And on another occassion a woman in a 2012 Insignia with working braking lights. nearly rammed her too, stopped along side her when she made a balls of trying to park outside a shop and told her. Reaction was a blend of not really thinking it was a big deal, surprise, and complete oblivion...

MUPPETS

Bloke pulls out of B&Q in front of me in his work van, I muttered something along the lines of 'well done mate' to the mrs as he done it, he then slowed right down and opened his window gesticulating something to me! I wouldnt mind but I didnt flash, honk or do anything to show my dissatisfaction in regards to his driving. The van has the company name and website/facebook/twitter links all over it, tempted to troll him for a bit, *****. 

The idiot who pulled out onto an NSL road right infront of me and decided not to bother using the accelerator. Braking as hard as I can I end up about half a car length off his bumper (still braking), at which point he decides a brake test is in order!! Thankfully the traffic in the opposite lane was gone by this point so managed to just about swerve round him, at which he decides its a race to 60mph to stop me overtaking. Sometimes I wish I could fit some kind of rocket launcher on the car!

The utter and complete mayhem that is the Nottingham City centre traffic light, 'through traffic', pedestrian crossings, double round a bouts and other systems...

Never have I seen as many traffic lights for either junctions and crossings on such a small length of road.

JRJG

The **** in a Passat who was totally oblivious to forcing me onto the grass whilst I overtook him and the lorry in front of him on a nice long straight road. He literally just pulled out with no indication as my front bumper was level with his back door. You sir deserve the Aids.

• Like 1

The **** in a Passat who was totally oblivious to forcing me onto the grass whilst I overtook him and the lorry in front of him on a nice long straight road. He literally just pulled out with no indication as my front bumper was level with his back door. You sir deserve the Aids.

Blindspot aids, like BLIS?

:D

I hope you sorted him out with a loud horn

With driving for a living i just find my self shaking my head a lot in disgust like i have some serious motor neurone issue. Why don't police pick on standard of driving? like why is it compulsory to use indicators on your test and then when you don't out on the road no one says anything? 

It should come under

CD30 Driving without due care and attention or without reasonable consideration for other road users

3-9 Points :D

• Like 1

There is a 50 mph very wide stretch of road (used to be 4 lanes of traffic but now islands in the middle and 2 lanes) and I know the speed limit is a limit and not a target but I ALWAYS get stuck behind a pensioner doing 30 MPH on it. There are no overtaking spots either (legally) so it means being stuck behind them (along with 20 other cars) for 10 minutes.

Road in question - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4277995,0.4155423,284m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

The two people who sat and watched me come round the roundabout towards them, then pulled out right in front of me.

One was a Yoof in Corsa who had his so low and far back he could barely see out of the window. And his straight through exhaust sounded awful, but the blue smoke that came out in a great cloud every time he accelerated amused me.

Even more annoyingly I was in the Leon, so no camera!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

The two people who sat and watched me come round the roundabout towards them, then pulled out right in front of me.

One was a Yoof in Corsa who had his so low and far back he could barely see out of the window. And his straight through exhaust sounded awful, but the blue smoke that came out in a great cloud every time he accelerated amused me.

Even more annoyingly I was in the Leon, so no camera!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Get a camera in it

With driving for a living i just find my self shaking my head a lot in disgust like i have some serious motor neurone issue. Why don't police pick on standard of driving? like why is it compulsory to use indicators on your test and then when you don't out on the road no one says anything? 

It should come under

CD30 Driving without due care and attention or without reasonable consideration for other road users

3-9 Points :D

there was the new offence re driving on motorways and lane hogging brought in recently. Know of anyone who's been prosecuted for this new offence yet? Thought not. :(

there was the new offence re driving on motorways and lane hogging brought in recently. Know of anyone who's been prosecuted for this new offence yet? Thought not. :(

i get what your saying but it undermines everything we are doing thats costing us all money?

might as well scrap needing indicators off the MOT because they don't get used and no one cares if you dont use them ..... 

saving in bulbs :D

if you have a brake light out the police pull you and slap you with a fine? i just think people don't take driving serious.

:envy:

Edited by robertohare
  • Like 1

i get what your saying but it undermines everything we are doing thats costing us all money?

might as well scrap needing indicators off the MOT because they don't get used and no one cares if you dont use them .....

saving in bulbs :D

if you have a brake light out the police pull you and slap you with a fine? i just think people don't take driving serious.

:envy:

Cough BMW drivers Cough! Actually I blanked off my lights on the Beemer! I know what you mean about these people and driving :(

Kmobhead in a 64plate merc 45mph in the outside lane on the m62 in the 50mph average speed check. Kept straying across into the middle lane while everyone was undertaking him. I said to the misses i bet hes texting. Anyway he moved over, i overtook and he was TEXTING. I blasted my horn right next to him for at least 4 seconds before he realised i was blasting it so i could mouth "get off your phone you stupid ginger twonk"

Cough BMW drivers Cough! Actually I blanked off my lights on the Beemer! I know what you mean about these people and driving :(

I take pride in driving, and maintaing my car and bikes and anything i drive is road worthy and thats how it should be but i pull up next to people daily at the lights with baldy tyres an lights out and come across people who don't indicate on roundabouts and i genuinely believe that they don't even know they are doing anything wrong. Thats why road rage exists because each party believes they are in the right !

I would make a cracking traffic cop :D

11893909744_5c09770d52_b_zps8b293bb3.jpg

• Like 2

I take pride in driving, and maintaing my car and bikes and anything i drive is road worthy and thats how it should be but i pull up next to people daily at the lights with baldy tyres an lights out and come across people who don't indicate on roundabouts and i genuinely believe that they don't even know they are doing anything wrong. Thats why road rage exists because each party believes they are in the right !

I would make a cracking traffic cop :D

11893909744_5c09770d52_b_zps8b293bb3.jpg

My Beemer was a track car not road legal! Yeah I like to keep my car maintained and the best it can be on the road