What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

jonny boy

Not annoyed, more amused. I was following a ute and a Honda Jazz, turned left to a dual lane road up a hill and the Jazz was crawling up, so I indicated and pulled out, going up the hill in an enthusiastic fashion. We have to have a little enjoyment of our cars sometimes :D

Anyway, turned right, down motorway sliproad into 15km/h crawling traffic so I pulled in and sat in the inside lane leaving a big gap. Honda Jazz Man drove past the gap and right to the very end of the sliproad, onto the shoulder the pushed in.
I think he needed to show me that I was silly and he could still get in front.

The VW Up! That pretty much forced me off the road, I don't normally stop for emergency vehicles (unless I need to) just adjust my speed to cater them, in this instance I would have needed to stop regardless but the VW Up! Coming towards me hadn't noticed the giant ambulance coming up behind him, he would have had plenty of time to stop, I would have stopped and the ambulance could have easily chicaned around us, instead the Up! driver continued on and forced me up on the curb

The VW Up! That pretty much forced me off the road, I don't normally stop for emergency vehicles (unless I need to) just adjust my speed to cater them, in this instance I would have needed to stop regardless but the VW Up! Coming towards me hadn't noticed the giant ambulance coming up behind him, he would have had plenty of time to stop, I would have stopped and the ambulance could have easily chicaned around us, instead the Up! driver continued on and forced me up on the curb

Sometimes drivers are so focused on the lights in their mirror they forget the other cars on the road. Realistically you shouldn't be getting a surprise when blue lights start going off behind you if your observations are adequate but it is astonishing how many people focus on the 20-50m in front and never look around or behind (in the mirror).

• Like 1

This was last night so I'd assume one would see blue lights reflecting in the mirror out the corner of there eye, however there are a lot of dozy drivers out there

Youd hope so.

To be honest. When driving at night around dark roads, i never check my mirrors (simply because its just black...) but you immediately notice if something appears

• Like 1

I've been along Pendre Close in Brecon (contrary to the name, it's a through road) three times today and every time there's been a VW Scirocco parked at the bus stop.  It's not just parked at the stop, but two wheels are up on the Trief kerb, so it's leaning at an angle and  I wouldn't be surprised if the driver's door hit the road when opened!

It's an area of bungalows where many residents are elderly.  Their access to the bus is easier from the Trief kerb as it gives them a level entrance.  It's a pity the bus company don't send out their breakdown truck to tow it off.  There's no excuse as the driveways are long and have room for at least four or five cars.

I've been along Pendre Close in Brecon (contrary to the name, it's a through road) three times today and every time there's been a VW Scirocco parked at the bus stop. It's not just parked at the stop, but two wheels are up on the Trief kerb, so it's leaning at an angle and I wouldn't be surprised if the driver's door hit the road when opened!

It's an area of bungalows where many residents are elderly. Their access to the bus is easier from the Trief kerb as it gives them a level entrance. It's a pity the bus company don't send out their breakdown truck to tow it off. There's no excuse as the driveways are long and have room for at least four or five cars.

Was there snow?

Theres loads parked in bus stops here, but thats because theres so much snow and nobody's cleared the carpark. Especially the train station one thats on a hill. The entrance/exit is at the top and theres a nice fence to slide into at the bottom

Was there snow?

Theres loads parked in bus stops here, but thats because theres so much snow and nobody's cleared the carpark. Especially the train station one thats on a hill. The entrance/exit is at the top and theres a nice fence to slide into at the bottom

No, we've had no snow here, or at least down here in the valley in Brecon.  There is some sitting on the Beacons, but even that isn't affecting the roads. 

• Like 1

Just to clarify the above ^^^^ WASN'T me!

However, my gripe today is the TOTAL lack of grip in slush and snow of the Eagle F1's and Yokahama C-Drives on the Civic I've bought off my Father-in-Law recently...   honestly I'd have been better off driving a sledge!

I know they are sports-orientated summer tyres but I dont think I have come across ANY tyres in 30 years of driving that had quite such a dearth of grip on slush and snow!  I couldn't even get off our driveway, even after clearing nearly all the snow - I had to go back over it and clear again.  It just sat there with the front wheels spinning, the stability light flashing madly and the digital speedo showing 6 miles an hour!

Needless to say they will be being changed as soon as I have the readies available and I now know why SOOOO many people get stuck in winter if they have such single-focus tyres fitted.

Driving past a large Seat Garage in Menston in the snow

A Salesman in a suit was brushing the snow off all the cars with a Yard Brush!!

Don't let it worry you for the following reasons:

1. Not your car(s)
  2. Creating potential new customers for you
  3. Only Seat's......
  • Like 3

Having to flash 4 cars tonight because they where driving with no lights  :clap:  :x

I tend to give up after 3 muppets per trip...

that And the sheer number of a55hats with bulbs blown or entire light clusters shagged just boggles the mind most days on my commutes...

Don't let it worry you for the following reasons:

1. Not your car(s)
  2. Creating potential new customers for you
  3. Only Seat's......

I like My seat....

• Like 1

Being cut up three times today within a 4 mile radius. All three were due to poor lane discipline. I would upload the dash cam footage but I can't be bothered with the uploading.

Being cut up three times today within a 4 mile radius. All three were due to poor lane discipline. I would upload the dash cam footage but I can't be bothered with the uploading.

That's like me. The amount of crap that's just not worth the effort of taking the memory cards out or is staggering. This evening some guy coming towards me decided to do a 180 on a mini roundabout between us without indicating as he ha passed some people he wanted to go back 25 meters to and slow to a crawl to talk to, then drives off another 25 meters to next mini roundabout indicating left then suddenly changed mine and goes 180 again.....  :dull:  :thumbdown:

That's like me. The amount of crap that's just not worth the effort of taking the memory cards out or is staggering. This evening some guy coming towards me decided to do a 180 on a mini roundabout between us without indicating as he ha passed some people he wanted to go back 25 meters to and slow to a crawl to talk to, then drives off another 25 meters to next mini roundabout indicating left then suddenly changed mine and goes 180 again.....  :dull:  :thumbdown:

No disrespect to the dash cam footage thread, but I see most of that on a daily basis. If I uploaded everything I'd be doing it every day.

That fuccckkiiinnn Peugeot. Going 30 in a 50 limit. Fine. I know the road, so i wait for a spot and put my foot down to overtake. Leaving lots of room to get back in.

So what does he do? Floors his car and leaves me on the wrong side of the road until we're nearly at a corner.

I mean. Wtf. Totally uncalled for. Trying to actually kill somebody.

Then he has the cheek to flash give me full beams when i get back in

Wtf was i supposed to do.

Urgh. Really pee'd me off. Big time. Was so tempted to stop afterwards. But i know id of ended up doing something stupid, i was that angry.