What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

jonny boy

Nothing has annoyed me for two weeks now as I haven't been driving. Keeping the mileage down as the VRS is going on April 1st. I am cycling everywhere only 2 near misses in that time too

The M6 North of Knutsford this tea time, I ground my teeth in frustration and broke a filling, joy, just bloody joy. Some drivers couldn't drive a nail straight never mind a car.

Having to safely negotiate the passing of a home heating oil delivery tanker fully parked on a B road carriageway on a tight and blind bend, hoping that if there is a vehicle coming the other way the driver will not be speeding and will be switched on.

Having to safely negotiate the passing of a home heating oil delivery tanker fully parked on a B road carriageway on a tight and blind bend, hoping that if there is a vehicle coming the other way the driver will not be speeding and will be switched on.

We get this all the time, particularly tricky when in a school bus!  I would suggest they have a banksman on board to alert traffic to such situations...

We get this all the time, particularly tricky when in a school bus!  I would suggest they have a banksman on board to alert traffic to such situations...

Given that this solution would eat into Company profits I can't see it happening, safety or no safety. I wonder where the tanker driver would stand legally if there was an accident caused by his parking.

Given that this solution would eat into Company profits I can't see it happening, safety or no safety. I wonder where the tanker driver would stand legally if there was an accident caused by his parking.

It will never happen, but as you say, who is liable?  They can't load elsewhere, can't close the road etc

Not driving but motor failed MOT this morning.

Chip on the windscreen

But it was sold to me like that and it had a valid mot!

Sorry sir it must have got bigger

I don't think so..[stampy feet stampy feet]

It probably did get bigger but misery is for sharing. Can't get screen booked right now becasue I can't remember who my insurance is with.

Edited by Aspman

The person who insisted on keeping a 100-150m gap to the slow moving (40mph) HGV in a 50MPH therefore requiring 2 separate overtaking manoeuvres.

Whats wrong with that? Haha.

Nout wrong with leaving people room to move into, if he doesnt wish to overtake himself?

• Like 2

The issue was not with leaving room but the excessive room (safe gap would have been in the region of 40-50m). Made the overtake far more awkward than it needed to be.

It will never happen, but as you say, who is liable?  They can't load elsewhere, can't close the road etc

Well, consider what the Roads Authority has to do when working on a public road. At the least suitable signage leading to the obstruction. At the most traffic control and cones. I'm sure the Highway code has something to say on the matter.

• Like 1

The issue was not with leaving room but the excessive room (safe gap would have been in the region of 40-50m). Made the overtake far more awkward than it needed to be.

Never heard of someone being slated for giving too much space before haha

• Like 3

Are you not fully comp? If you are it shouldn't affect insurance to have it repaired via autoglass

Just hacked off at the propect of paying the excess. Not repairable since it's over 10mm apparently. Just a teeny wee chip but they must consder that a crack has grown. MOT place the franchise uses has a bit of a reputation for being strict.

it was last week, HGV on M62 flicked up 2 half brick size stones which flew into me resulting in bad dent in wing and a cracked front bumper!!  

Bodyshop said I will need a new wing but the bumper can be repaired..

it was last week, HGV on M62 flicked up 2 half brick size stones which flew into me resulting in bad dent in wing and a cracked front bumper!!  

Bodyshop said I will need a new wing but the bumper can be repaired..

You're so lucky that you came away from that one unscathed.

Memories of my old life in IT. A Professor of Computer Science rang to report a faulty mouse on her computer. I said I'd bring a new one over in 10 minutes. She said she was just off out. I said no problem

So I went over and left a mouse against her office door.

Two hours later, I got another call asking for someone to go and install said device.

Now I know computer science isn't hardware maintenance, but that's like an engine designer not being able to change a wheel.

• Like 1

Actually sunny today, so I'm driving upsun into a low sun (but not so low it can't be closed off by the visor). The number of people driving down-sun who thought that I'd be able to see them was neither real nor canny!

Edited by KenONeill