FUBAR

Sickening. That's almost happened to me in the vRS. I'd had it about a month and was on the way to Preston to look at buying my road bike. Went to overtake a Peugeot and a van. I'm almost passed the Peugeot and he decides to do just that. I've never hit brakes so hard, back wheel clipped the grass, ESP working overtime. Mr Peugeot was completely oblivious to what had gone on. Whole of his tailgate plastered in mud so he had no clue what was behind. Even now I feel scared thinking how close it was.

That's a sore one :(

Well, i've bought a new bike :)

Collect it on Wednesday so i'm hyper....although a little sad to see the 600RR go as it's been an awesome bike.

But time to move to something more upright to suit my commute/passion for hooliganism :D

That's a sore one :(

Well, i've bought a new bike :)

Collect it on Wednesday so i'm hyper....although a little sad to see the 600RR go as it's been an awesome bike.

But time to move to something more upright to suit my commute/passion for hooliganism :D

Well what is it??

Italian Japanese, US?

Japanese prices went crazy a few years ago when the Yen exchange rate halved.

About £8K for a FZ800 with 105 hp, what?

Hopefully prices will return to sensible but there is still a problem that the real sports bikes are so small ie biult for 5 foot 7 inch Italians and Spaniard to win Supersport and Superbike races.

Enyoyed this week's MCN reading about Dave Jefferies. Proper bloke, prober (real) racing and racer.

Great to see John McGuiness and the other one preparing now the weather has turn good on the Isle of Man.

Come on SVs, show the ERs a clean pair of heels and the Chinese are entering the Lightweight too, be interesting how they go, the new Japanese 50 years on?

Pumping biggish singles and twins is tricky and best done in 2nd or even third rather than 1st. Big hills and about 15/20 miles per hour and weight on the back wheel all help. Jump leads important accessory.

I've bumped a TDM850 a few times in second gear by paddling it to walking pace, doabale on the flat, but a hill makes it easier. Tried to bump a mates Firestorm and it was a pain in the arse, second gear just locked the wheel even with a 15st rider, and we had to get up a fair bit of speed to get it to catch in third.

I'll join in...

Here's my new one :)

87D465B5-D2EA-4E5B-AADC-0B41802DACA7-1260-000000A1381C3A94_zps1982db0e.jpg

Thought I new my bikes but please tells us what it is as it has me perplexed?

Very nice. 2013 model too? I do like the look of them and maybe the logical progression for me.

Edit. Just noticed the exhaust. Bit older than that

2012 :)

Wasn't worth the extra ££££ for the 2013, and this came with a load of extras, plus i got the same money for trading in the CBR as i paid for it last year, and it needed 2 new tyres, and i'd put 7k miles on it :)

Couldn't refuse!

• Like 3

Maybe not to everyones taste (seems to be Super/Street bikes) but my old man just picked this up

544601_10200844346937781_1059372107_n.jpg

After selling this

5368_1203056923379_3724860_n.jpg

Not mine I know, but the itch to do my license is growing by the minute.

• Like 1

Maybe not to everyones taste (seems to be Super/Street bikes) but my old man just picked this up

544601_10200844346937781_1059372107_n.jpg

After selling this

5368_1203056923379_3724860_n.jpg

Not mine I know, but the itch to do my license is growing by the minute.

NOt my type of bike at present but would love to go to the states and have a bit of a road trip on the HGV of bikes. Do you know how much it weighs??

Just sold my RVF400 now looking for a new bike.

Got an itch for some off roading lately so ive been looking at honda crf and ktm etc.

not sure if i want the grunt of the 450cc or the chuckability of the 250cc!!

He did have a GSX-R some years ago, can't find any pics at the mo.

Not a clue on the weights mate, feels like a ton. Put it this way, if it were to lean a tad too much it ain't coming back up :no: :D

• Like 1

Just sold my RVF400 now looking for a new bike.

Got an itch for some off roading lately so ive been looking at honda crf and ktm etc.

not sure if i want the grunt of the 450cc or the chuckability of the 250cc!!

Suzuki DRZ400 E, very reliable, grunty and chuckable lol

I still miss my VFR400 over ten years after selling her, my first and probably favorite bike.

Dont say this :(

The ebayer hasnt contacted me yet and im hoping they don't. My missus even cried as the auction ended.

Anyone tried Kevlar Jeans ?? - thinking of trying some ( if I can find any decent girlie ones) . Any Thoughts / advice appreciated .:0)

(apologies if this has already been covered) :0)