FUBAR

Anyone tried Kevlar Jeans ?? - thinking of trying some ( if I can find any decent girlie ones) . Any Thoughts / advice appreciated .:0)

(apologies if this has already been covered) :0)

I use RST ones, generally ok, never had to test them out though!!

Fit fine over boots, and are ok to wear around the office if i use them on a dry day.

Quite warm too!

• Like 1

I've been looking for something to wear to keep me cool while still be safe. Been wearing t-shirts designed to wick sweat away which help. May end up getting RST Tractech leathers. Got the gloves and those are good. Bit wary of looking stupid with full leathers on an SV.

I've been looking for something to wear to keep me cool while still be safe. Been wearing t-shirts designed to wick sweat away which help. May end up getting RST Tractech leathers. Got the gloves and those are good. Bit wary of looking stupid with full leathers on an SV.

I have a kevlar mesh jacket which is epic in the sun here, have to draw the line with the heat and ditch the leather at times :( Just got back to Holland and it was 20.5Deg C at 8am :o ITS BIKE TIME AGAIN!

I couldn't care less about what others think about my attire when riding, It's my safety I'm concerned about. I use to wear full leathers on my GS500 when I had it.

• Like 2

I use RST ones, generally ok, never had to test them out though!!

Fit fine over boots, and are ok to wear around the office if i use them on a dry day.

Quite warm too!

Thanks Johnny will have a look and see what I can find. Often do ride in jeans, but in honesty know it's a bad move and should wear something safer and more appropriate, Hope never to have to test them either , but got to offer better protection than normal denim :0)

• Like 1

Thanks Johnny will have a look and see what I can find. Often do ride in jeans, but in honesty know it's a bad move and should wear something safer and more appropriate, Hope never to have to test them either , but got to offer better protection than normal denim :0)

Yeah not the best of moves in plain denim.

My Kevlar jeans are warmer than my textiles (without liners).

Downside is their not waterproof but still ok. eBay is your friend for a bargain on them :)

• Like 1

I couldn't care less about what others think about my attire when riding, It's my safety I'm concerned about. I use to wear full leathers on my GS500 when I had it.

Me too, I would not choose to get colour coded leathers to bike though as I know personally id end up getting something totally different and it would bug me. But you'd look a darn site more silly picking yourself up the road with a big flap of skin missing just for fashion.

Yeah not the best of moves in plain denim.

My Kevlar jeans are warmer than my textiles (without liners).

Downside is their not waterproof but still ok. eBay is your friend for a bargain on them :)

I have 2 piece waterproofs (not as good as 1 piece) but they roll up very small and can bungie them to bike or store under seat etc. When the rain comes they pull over whatever im in and I feel all clever as I potter on seeing others soaked to the bone :D

• Like 1

Dudes! And other folk who aren't self declared dudes!

Brought a new bike today, 1989 kawasaki kmx 200 . I'll get a picture up shortly. Basically a 2 stroke trails bike. I've been off roading already lol.

When the rain comes they pull over whatever im in and I feel all clever as I potter on seeing others soaked to the bone :D

haha....that smug feeling you get.......

Actually, apart from if i'm out at the weekend, i've usually got my bag with me.

Considered a 1 piece waterproof suit but need to get to a shop to try one, no idea how you work the sizes when they have to go over an already bulky jacket etc...

Edited by Johnny50

Anyone tried Kevlar Jeans ?? - thinking of trying some ( if I can find any decent girlie ones) . Any Thoughts / advice appreciated .:0)

(apologies if this has already been covered) :0)

My mrs has a pair of Draggin' jeans in a very tastefull pink DPM. They're a good fit and she finds them comfortable, however I'd reccomend wearing knee armour that attatches to your leg rather than the inside of the jeans as jeans tend to be a looser fit than leathers. I wear Knoxx Crossguards under my Draggin's whcih are good as they're on velcro straps and don't need to slide off over my foot, but her Forcefield Limbtubes look more comfortable at the expense of being a bit more faff to get on and off.

This lot were great for getting gear in womens sizes, but alas thier Dorking shop has now shut down

http://www.girlsbike2.com/

Realised the other day my MoT ran out a month ago. Oops. No biking for me this weekend but booked in for next Saturday, in time for a camping trip to Wales the following weekend.

Edited by RizzoTheRat
  • Like 1

I have 2 piece waterproofs (not as good as 1 piece) but they roll up very small and can bungie them to bike or store under seat etc. When the rain comes they pull over whatever im in and I feel all clever as I potter on seeing others soaked to the bone :D

I think my two piece is just as waterproof as my previous one piece was, but it's a hell of a lot easier to get on and off. I usually ride in goretex textiles and wear my waterpoofs over the top if it's really horrible weather.

Taking my gsxr 600 K3 for MOT tomorrow then going to sell it! Had it for 18 months and done 500 miles. I'm 20 and don't mind admitting that I don't need a bike with that power :)

Fancy something grunty so looking at SV650s, I see a few of you have them :) wanted an SV before I bought the GSXR but mates had sports bikes so I had to fit in, they're all lunatics though.

I think my two piece is just as waterproof as my previous one piece was, but it's a hell of a lot easier to get on and off. I usually ride in goretex textiles and wear my waterpoofs over the top if it's really horrible weather.

More or less the same as I do. I have never had a 1 piece I just assumed from reviews that having a overlapping gap in the 2 made it not as effective ultimately. I stay bone dry in mine :D. Don't even know where top is just use the trousers. If its the type of day where im expecting rain I will have textile jacket on which is the business, nothing gets through it.

Taking my gsxr 600 K3 for MOT tomorrow then going to sell it! Had it for 18 months and done 500 miles. I'm 20 and don't mind admitting that I don't need a bike with that power :)

Fancy something grunty so looking at SV650s, I see a few of you have them :) wanted an SV before I bought the GSXR but mates had sports bikes so I had to fit in, they're all lunatics though.

Yea keep yourself right, get what YOU want and sod anyone else. Seem a new rider come off trying to fit in on the gentlest of bends on a brand new bike with all new gear. He never got on a bike again. I like to ride on my own as some people I know well and have ridden with I don't agree with their riding and don't want to be a hindrance to them, others it's the opposite. My old boss talked a big game with regards to bikes and had an R1, first time I got out on bike after accident and first actual ride on my ZZR1400, he vanished a few times in bends and over roundabouts behind me etc.. Then lost him totally had to turn around thought the worst and found him at side of road having had a wobble and bricking it. The talk that came from that man had me worried I wouldn't be keeping up lol. Goes to show you. I am not fond of taking out new riders either as I would hate to pass on any of my bad habits.

• Like 1

Yea keep yourself right, get what YOU want and sod anyone else. Seem a new rider come off trying to fit in on the gentlest of bends on a brand new bike with all new gear. He never got on a bike again.

Don't get me wrong I got adrenaline rush from riding like that. But every decision was like life and death (or extreme pain).

I use the bike to ride to destinations rather than one of those rides to where ever the road takes you!

Does look bloody good though

17fe9c65.jpg

Unfortunately there are too many riders that bought to "fit in" with what their mates have. They haven't got a clue what to do when it comes to a corner but will rip past you in a straight line.

Have to admit I haven't done much mileage in the last few years, but my excuse is the two sproglets I now have :wub:

Yeah I agree, don't get me wrong I had an NC30 and it was awesome, up and down the gears so much. On the gsxr I just feel lazy and it's too easy to ride fast.

Just think I'm used to the nimbleness of the VFR compared to the gsxr.

Saying that though I have grown up alot in regards to my driving / riding in the last 18 months. You never know what's around that corner your approaching at *0mph++++

More or less the same as I do. I have never had a 1 piece I just assumed from reviews that having a overlapping gap in the 2 made it not as effective ultimately. I stay bone dry in mine :D. Don't even know where top is just use the trousers. If its the type of day where im expecting rain I will have textile jacket on which is the business, nothing gets through it.

I found i got wetter in the 1 piece as it was such a faff to put on I'd not bother stopping to fight my way in to it unless it was really sheeting it down :D

• Like 1

My mrs has a pair of Draggin' jeans in a very tastefull pink DPM. They're a good fit and she finds them comfortable, however I'd reccomend wearing knee armour that attatches to your leg rather than the inside of the jeans as jeans tend to be a looser fit than leathers. I wear Knoxx Crossguards under my Draggin's whcih are good as they're on velcro straps and don't need to slide off over my foot, but her Forcefield Limbtubes look more comfortable at the expense of being a bit more faff to get on and off.

This lot were great for getting gear in womens sizes, but alas thier Dorking shop has now shut down

http://www.girlsbike2.com/

Thanks so much for this - It is hard to find decent kit for women, without paying a ridiculous premium for it. :0)

Can never make up my mind when riding about whether to wear pink - Do think sometimes it riles the "boy racer" brigade if they think they've been overtaken by a female biker !

Heine Gerike do some fairly decent womens kit too if there's one near you, the Mrs leathers are HG but second hand from e-bay. There does seem to be loads of womens kit on e-bay, I guess because loads of blokes try to get their other half interested in riding pillion, buy all the gear, and then they decide they're not interested. I was lucky, she decided she wanted her own bike rather than sitting on the back of mine :)

There's also a few female bike clubs around, such as Curvy Riders, who probably have a good idea where to get womens kit.

Edited by RizzoTheRat
  • Like 1

Just dropped the bike off for MOT, battery was flat so had to go on a little ride first. Picking it up next Tuesday. Should pass as it's hardly moved since its last one :D

Not normally one to laugh at someone elses misfortune, especially not a downed biker......... But this guy is hilariously the biggest pansy I have ever heard in my life.

HEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

That'll teach him for only wearing shorts and T-Shirt

30Deg C + here all next week, I will feel like doing the same no doubt. Unfortunately I will opt for sweating my hoop off into my leathers and enjoying a good bit of adhesion with mother earth on the twisties :D :D :D :D Leather trousers and the kevlar mesh jacket that is :D Was epic the other day wasn't soaked after a nice ride out which makes a change in this heat.

Here you go, this is my current riding attire. Leather trousers, kevlar mesh jacket, race boots and my fav helmet of all time the Shark S900.

This was Friday after a quick pit stop for some 102 unleaded goodness :D Imagine the airflow I get through this badger panels on arms too, has a built in pocket at bottom of back with a rain cover in it to fit over jacket.

Kevlar%2520Mesh.jpg

I'll keep an eye out for one of those kevlar mesh jackets. Although it's not great here. Having to put my layers back in my textile trousers.

As for higher octane I presume it's like cars and only ones tuned for it notice the difference?