FUBAR

I've had a 640 LC4 Supermoto and had no problems, my best mate has had a 950SM from new so it must be 10 years old now, commutes on it and uses it on the European trips I organise and it's never missed a beat.

Normal servicing and a fuel pump are all its needed over the ownership.

I don't think you would go wrong with a 1050 Adventure, imho the singles are a bit more fragile as they are ringing quite a lot of power out of them

• Like 2

1050 Adventure Bargain.........how much????

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KTM-ADVENTURE-1050-2015-BRAND-NEW-/252238882720?hash=item3aba9be7a0:g:mmQAAOSwLN5Wi92P&clk_rvr_id=962302040187&rmvSB=true

If I had the room, cash, more understanding wife I'd be down to Fowlers tomorrow :)

• Like 1

One thing to remember about Ktm .. It's not like a jap bike , yes they have got better through the years , also I've ridden and worked on lots of 690sm .. Even ridden a tuned one with 80hp . Yes they are fun , but in my eyes they are a second bike .. Big singles don't like motorways

• Like 2

Bargain!

There are some good offers on the 1050 Adventurer at the moment that include touring cases too. It appears to be a good bike with potential to get a good deal. However will I regret giving up my ultra trustworthy and capable little Honda ?

• Like 1

Well, things moved on today, in a kind of way!

I did a 85mile round trip to view the 1050 Adventurer at a KTM dealer.

I walked into the small showroom, stuffed with bikes and two members of staff at the counter.

The age of customer service had clearly by-passed the place. There was no acknowledgement, no 'hello' and no 'can I help you?'

Obviously this was because my son and I had ceased to exist, and the one staff member was concentrating intensely on finishing his chips.

At this point all was effectively lost as I kept thinking..."even if I buy a KTM from here what kind of after care will I receive from this shambles of a dealership?".

I did like the look of the Adventurer but the experience turned me right off. I'd expect someone to be interested before and after I drop £10k in their bank account. My Honda dealership is light years ahead of this shower!

I walked into the small showroom, stuffed with bikes and two members of staff at the counter.

The age of customer service had clearly by-passed the place. There was no acknowledgement, no 'hello' and no 'can I help you?'

Obviously this was because my son and I had ceased to exist, and the one staff member was concentrating intensely on finishing his chips.

At this point all was effectively lost as I kept thinking..."even if I buy a KTM from here what kind of after care will I receive from this shambles of a dealership?".

I did like the look of the Adventurer but the experience turned me right off. I'd expect someone to be interested before and after I drop £10k in their bank account. My Honda dealership is light years ahead of this shower!

Sounds like the kind of dealer that id get a test ride, rag it around for a while, see what i think.. Give it back and buy one from somewhere else :D

• Like 1

Update to post on page 150, freshly done paint set has arrived, now she will be the correct colour for the year. :)

post-111838-0-70003200-1452108737_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Sounds like the kind of dealer that id get a test ride, rag it around for a while, see what i think.. Give it back and buy one from somewhere else :D

Yes a good strategy, but I was so exasperated by them, I just had to get out of the place.

KTM have received some feedback...........after all, "feedback is a free gift".

• Like 1

Thanks but no thanks I was just taking the mick out of Fabiam as he 'allegedly' is a plumber yet is on here all the time! :notme::D

Finished work an hour ago, if that makes you feel better? ;) haha. 

Ear plugs arrived today. I've yet to give em a go, but they look good! 

I think sarcasm would have got the better of me!

There's a KTM dealer in Brum if you're still interested. They also have Kawasakis in the same showroom and a Triumph dealership next door. The only downside is it's location is on the east side so not many decent roads to try the bike out on.

I think sarcasm would have got the better of me!

There's a KTM dealer in Brum if you're still interested. They also have Kawasakis in the same showroom and a Triumph dealership next door. The only downside is it's location is on the east side so not many decent roads to try the bike out on.

Yes, thank you. Funny you mention the sarcasm............KTM main office will be getting some today by telephone.

Thesalesman at the BM dealer told me a tale about the Audi dealership he worked at before. He said 2 young blokes came in in shorts and T shirts and a young female assistant greeted them and asked if she could help. They bought a Quatro TT and an S4 and asked for a copy of the sales order. When she asked why and said that they didn't look like typical Audi owners they told her they'd just had a big win on the lottery and were going back to the Audi dealer who had just ignored them to put the copy on their desk..... revenge is best served cold...

• Like 3

Yes, thank you. Funny you mention the sarcasm............KTM main office will be getting some today by telephone.

Sarcasm not needed. KTM have received the feedback and acting upon it.

As for the bike...........well it has blunted my enthusiasm for it so shall be sitting on my hands for a while and contemplate my navel.

Customer service really isn't difficult.  I do know because in the Police we had some really difficult customers and I usually managed to deal with them without a problem.  Being on the buses meant that I saw hundreds of different customers each and every day.  Yes some of them were a little difficult but a smile usually sorted them out.  So I really cannot see why when someone has come into a shop where you make a living out of selling very expensive toys like motorbikes that you can't be bothered to even give them the time of day.

I know when I go into a showroom I expect to be met by someone and asked if I need any help.  I also expect when I tell them not at the moment but I will come and find you if I do for them to sod off!

It can be a difficult job at times dealing with the public but common courtesy shouldn't be missing from the equation.

Customer service really isn't difficult.  I do know because in the Police we had some really difficult customers and I usually managed to deal with them without a problem.  Being on the buses meant that I saw hundreds of different customers each and every day.  Yes some of them were a little difficult but a smile usually sorted them out.  So I really cannot see why when someone has come into a shop where you make a living out of selling very expensive toys like motorbikes that you can't be bothered to even give them the time of day.

I know when I go into a showroom I expect to be met by someone and asked if I need any help.  I also expect when I tell them not at the moment but I will come and find you if I do for them to sod off!

It can be a difficult job at times dealing with the public but common courtesy shouldn't be missing from the equation.

The contrast with my local Honda dealership was astounding. Most recently I had dealings with Mercedes Benz of Hull. I bought a 3yr old Smart Fortwo from them. It was the cheapest vehicle on offer at that time in the dealership as you can imagine. Nevertheless, the customer service was truly superb.

Blimey, some great bike histories on here.

here's mine for fun:

Started in 1975 with a Yamaha DT 125

'76/77 moved up to a new Yamaha XS 500 twin

'79 bought my wonderful CBX 1000 6 cylinder dream amchine which I wish I'd kept, did 1000's of miles on that backwards and forwards to Germany

Kids and stuff got in the way until '93 when I bought a Kawasaki Z1300 fueil injection 6. Too heavy, slow and cumbersome compared with my CBX.

Then bought a VFR 750 FJ in about '95. Also had an MZ 125 and sold the Z1300 about then too.

In '98 I bought a ZZR1100 D6 which was lovely but when the Hayabusa emerged in '99 I had to have one.

Still got the 'busa now and I love it to death, especially with remap and Akrapovic plus a few other mods. Now I'm a bit older it does the trick, even if my knees don't!

I've done 220 mph indicated on the Elvington runway and it was still pulling hard .............................. love it but winter brings out my Octavia vRS LOL

• Like 3

Some proper 'weapons' you have had there.  I had the chance of a CBX a couple of years ago with very little mileage on it but it hadn't been run for some years.  It was garaged and in good nick but I never had anywhere to keep it.  Shame really as I think they are a proper bike with character.

littleade have I seen you lurking on the TEX forum?

Guilty as charged. I joined it when looking to get a bike as the TEX was on my short list. As you know that didn't work out due to my lack of herculean physique but I still go on there as they seem a decent lot and you should never say never....... Dr Z is on the Triumph one too thinking about getting an American.....we get around in Worcestershire!

Blimey, some great bike histories on here.

Then bought a VFR 750 FJ in about '95. Also had an MZ 125 and sold the Z1300 about then too.

In '98 I bought a ZZR1100 D6 which was lovely but when the Hayabusa emerged in '99 I had to have one.

Still got the 'busa now and I love it to death, especially with remap and Akrapovic plus a few other mods. Now I'm a bit older it does the trick, even if my knees don't!

I've done 220 mph indicated on the Elvington runway and it was still pulling hard .............................. love it but winter brings out my Octavia vRS LOL

Sounds like you've had a few lovely bikes! Any photos of the busa? I have a massive soft spot for these. My friend let me ride his a couple of years back, before he sole it, and it was absolutely amazing. Like nothing I've ever experienced before!!! I will own one at some point!