FUBAR

I've just started biking this year. 24 seems a strange age to get up and do a CBT but I've always been thinking about bikes as a more enjoyable way of getting from A to B - now it's rapidly becoming an addiction! I know I could have gone direct access but for learning the ropes a 125 is ideal - lightweight, cheap to repair and run (100mpg anyone?). I will be doing my full test at some point, until then here's my little YBR 125, L plates and all  :happy:

IMG_20140119_140128_zpspxwtt0fm.jpg

Good man yourself! Your going to have plenty of smiles per gallon from her and every bike you own from now on.  :thumbup:

Already had loads of smiles per gallon riding around today, I also practiced emergency stops as I am now an invisible/second class road user  :think: It has made me aware about how un-aware I can be in a car - MSM goes out the window for most car drivers (cagers?) but on a bike it's imperative to keep it up, it'll make me a better car driver as well.

Anybody who has been considering it and hasn't - do it! I made it a new years resolution to stop thinking, start doing and this is the result.

Just earmarking places in towns/cities near me where I can park up - for free!

Good times.

• Like 1

Already had loads of smiles per gallon riding around today, I also practiced emergency stops as I am now an invisible/second class road user  :think: It has made me aware about how un-aware I can be in a car - MSM goes out the window for most car drivers (cagers?) but on a bike it's imperative to keep it up, it'll make me a better car driver as well.

Anybody who has been considering it and hasn't - do it! I made it a new years resolution to stop thinking, start doing and this is the result.

Just earmarking places in towns/cities near me where I can park up - for free!

Good times.

Scary how invisible you can be to cagers! Next thing you will be experiencing the sheer joy of filtering :D 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd post up in here as more chance of being with the correct response ;)

Anyone know or selling a road legal super moto, enduro , crosser kind of bike? After something around 400cc

Drop me a pm if so :)

Tah danny

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone got or ridden the latest BMW R1200GS as I'm thinking about getting a bike again and this is on my short list so was wondering what its like to ride and own.

Cheers

Ade

Ade

Have you tested one yet?

Also if your looking at BMW try the F700GS & F800GS

The 2 smaller ones are a lot lighter. Easier to move around.

Not knowing your size, or strengths do you need the 1200?

If your keen on the BMW ok but there are others out there which seem just as capable.

Suzuki V Strom 1000

Kawasaki Versys 1000

PS. Go have a read up on the bike your interested in on the Owners Club sites.

You can get an awful lot of info from the Owners themselves. 

CD

I tried out one a few years back, so not the latest model, and it is a cracking bike but I just couldn't justify the cost.  The latest one like the Ducati and Triumph equivalents are serious amounts of money, especially if you want all the gadgets generally.

Carlo has a good point with the 700 and 800, both engines may well give you what you want and without the massive weight of the 1200.

That said though the GS of bikes has had an exceptional following for many years and I think they do tend to not drop in value quite as quickly as others.  Then again how many of us buy a bike based purely on practicality?

I sold my '09 VFR last week.... It just wasn't suiting my riding - I'm a smidge over 10 stone when wet, and around 5'6" and it was too cumbersome for me.... and I've always wanted a BigBlade to match my BabyBlade.

So here's my "new" 1996 CBR900RRT 'blade with a mere 19k miles on the clock. 

post-54202-0-89416500-1394401893_thumb.jpeg

Altho, she looks a bit weird with the new bunch last week!

post-54202-0-59965200-1394402247_thumb.jpeg

She's had a full stainless system and K&N filter etc fitted - Sound's great and ride's really well for her age. 

Love it :)

Al. 

• Like 1

Finally booked up for a trip to this years Isle of Man TT!

Yesterday I took full advantage of the weather and took a ride out into wales, rode up the Ponderosa and I couldn't believe how many bikers were out! Such a fantastic day, really making me excited for this years riding!

I was at the Ponderosa on the W800 Sunday.as.well :) should put a briskoda sticker on.the.bike. :)

Just planning this year's trip, down to Italy via Holland, France, Germany.Austria.via the grossglockener, down to Italy via the stelvio and onto Alesandria. Put the GSA on.the motorail. then for the he trip back.to Holland as time is tight on the return journey. Then.ferry back to hull and home to Cheshire. Open invite for anyone interested in tagging along.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was at the Ponderosa on the W800 Sunday.as.well :) should put a briskoda sticker on.the.bike.:)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Small world! There were a lot out, my first time up the horse shoe pass but loved it! Making me even more excited for the climb up the mountain course in the Isle of Man!!!

Yours is a real road trip!!

• Like 1

Ade

Have you tested one yet?

Also if your looking at BMW try the F700GS & F800GS

The 2 smaller ones are a lot lighter. Easier to move around.

Not knowing your size, or strengths do you need the 1200?

If your keen on the BMW ok but there are others out there which seem just as capable.

Suzuki V Strom 1000

Kawasaki Versys 1000

I

PS. Go have a read up on the bike your interested in on the Owners Club sites.

You can get an awful lot of info from the Owners themselves.

CD

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for the post. I've had a number of bikes in my cough 40 years of on and off biking. Last one was a R1150R, so the weight shouldn't be a problem and the seat height on the 800 is higher than the 1200 which seems mad, while the 700 is slightly lower.

I had H****s before and don't really want another Japanese bike. There's nothing wrong with them, its just I fancy another boxer beemer. Plan is to ride one in the next few weeks after I've made sure it'll fit in my garage and go from there.

I've been on the BM forums and found some useful stuff and they seem quite friendly too..... but they haven't met me yet LOL

Cheers

Ade

Theory test booked for 25th of the month. YAY!

Any pointers?

Practice hazard perception, especially if you have not had to do it before. Theory test side there are only a small number of questions above the car theory, anyone who fails that bit should hand their licence back in IMO. I booked my theory test one night as I thought it a good idea, found a slot 100 miles away the next morning. I was asked by the woman at the desk when I came in had I been revising hard? I said no, it's easy. This then left me bricking it in case I failed and would have looked like even more of a ****. Luckily I got nothing wrong and Rambo'd the thing. Hazard perception, I have no idea how I passed it that time, nor my PCV, LGV or car one, big load of balls! 

I sold my bike as I thought I was going to be desperate for money now im a uni student, but as it happens the money I made from selling my KMX200 is just sitting in my account.

I've got a real want for a honda dirtbike now. So i'm patiently scouring the net looking for a nice/cheap Honda XR, preferably a 650R, 400R or 250R in that order. something with Honda reliability and quality.

Not a day goes by when I dont miss my Honda RVF400 NC35. I was a tool for selling her.

• Like 1

I sold my bike as I thought I was going to be desperate for money now im a uni student, but as it happens the money I made from selling my KMX200 is just sitting in my account.

I've got a real want for a honda dirtbike now. So i'm patiently scouring the net looking for a nice/cheap Honda XR, preferably a 650R, 400R or 250R in that order. something with Honda reliability and quality.

Not a day goes by when I dont miss my Honda RVF400 NC35. I was a tool for selling her.

I am in a similar boat, until I find a new job thinking way ahead I sold bike as it was becoming a pain to store also. Could go out get a new bike and a new vRS, but I am going to play it safe for the moment! Summer will see another bike either way I fear though :D