FUBAR

Some of the details and the picture were missing from my above post.

It's done just over 17,000 Km so it's low mielage too.

Heres a picture with the pillion seat attached. It looks much better with the single race unit on ;-)

post-17830-0-36334100-1339412862_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ive got a ZXR400 SP

Its a 1995 zxr400L but an import SP model so has the factory single seat race unit, flat slide carbs, close ratio gearbox, adjustable rear damper and even a slipper clutch. It was the road going version of the racing bike.

Great bike and can keep up with the big boys in the twisty sections.

Problem is now i'm getting a bit older its not a comfortable bike for someone whos over 6FT. Not to mention I cant find anyone who can set up and tune the flat slide carbs good enough.

It's shameful to say but it hasnt moved for the last 2 years so it needs a full overhaul before going back on the road. One day i'll get round to it. It's always on my mind but the only guy I can find who knows his stuff is in North Wales and its a full days travel just to get the bike to him and do I really want to spend money on such an old bike????

wow do you have any more pics???

Ive got a ZXR400 SP

Its a 1995 zxr400L but an import SP model so has the factory single seat race unit, flat slide carbs, close ratio gearbox, adjustable rear damper and even a slipper clutch. It was the road going version of the racing bike.

Great bike and can keep up with the big boys in the twisty sections.

Problem is now i'm getting a bit older its not a comfortable bike for someone whos over 6FT. Not to mention I cant find anyone who can set up and tune the flat slide carbs good enough.

It's shameful to say but it hasnt moved for the last 2 years so it needs a full overhaul before going back on the road. One day i'll get round to it. It's always on my mind but the only guy I can find who knows his stuff is in North Wales and its a full days travel just to get the bike to him and do I really want to spend money on such an old bike????

Don't know if its too far but speak to these guys. Willie and martin tune and set up a lot of the guys bikes in the Scottish championships. They have their own in house dyno too. Willie especially is a tuning wizard, should be able to sort you out for a good price too.

http://www.dynotechecosse.co.uk/site_pages/aboutus.htm

Some of the details and the picture were missing from my above post.

It's done just over 17,000 Km so it's low mielage too.

Heres a picture with the pillion seat attached. It looks much better with the single race unit on ;-)

I was actually looking at ZXR400, cheapest insurance quote so far but just way too focused for what I want!

Awesome bike though!

I had a ZXR400L. I've hope you've got a good chiropractor.

You can always change the rear shock for something more comfortable like a brick. I did 10hr on one in a day and could hardly walk for the next two days

Very aggressive, very sharp, steeper steering angle than an R1 and not as easy to ride as a CBR600. But revving it to 15k always puts a smile on your face.

• Like 1

I was actually looking at ZXR400, cheapest insurance quote so far but just way too focused for what I want!

Awesome bike though!

ZZR600 still has my vote :)

• Like 1

ZZR600 still has my vote :)

My mate has just picked his up.

Oh my god the thing flies!

Done 14k miles, 2 owners from new £1200 from a triumph/yamaha dealership

So much bike for the money..Literally awesome

I love my zx9r , it's the f2p so the very last of them , just thinking of moving to more upright and sedate tho , maybe zrx or bandit , or maybe a sv1000 but naked , had gixxer thou , zx12, hayabusa and loved them but the speed is accessed way to easy , one of my favourites was a fzr1000 exup , brilliant bike .20120604_143748.jpg

My mate has just picked his up.

Oh my god the thing flies!

Done 14k miles, 2 owners from new £1200 from a triumph/yamaha dealership

So much bike for the money..Literally awesome

They are wee gems! Such a stealthy bike sit up comfy commuting creaming in on the cheap insurance tax and big MPG then at weekend head down and open it up a little more my best was 245 miles on a tank my worst 85 miles :D AND THAT TOOK SOME GOING!

• Like 1

I love my zx9r , it's the f2p so the very last of them , just thinking of moving to more upright and sedate tho , maybe zrx or bandit , or maybe a sv1000 but naked , had gixxer thou , zx12, hayabusa and loved them but the speed is accessed way to easy , one of my favourites was a fzr1000 exup , brilliant bike .20120604_143748.jpg

I was after a ZX9R specifically the newer nosed ones like yours when I was trading in ZZR600 and somehow walked out with a GSXR1000 ............. happy days :D now that was on hell of an upgrade! But I still really really really want a ZX9R when I sell the ZZR1400 I will be on the hunt for one like yours good low mileage clean non abused is the goal 150 odd BHP 180-185kg ish, bullet proof and also the magic words re-classed as SPORTS TOURER :D Thanks for reminding of my quest!

For a first bike all rounder I am still a strong advocate for the ZZR600 but for the next bike up and one that could last you for a long time is the ZX9-R big time!

ZX9R Looks mint by the way, love the 'F2P' big mouth shape so mean with those shape headlights/nose cone too.

Yeah, he's put a tenner in his bike and it's lasted nearly 100 miles. Can't complain at all!

Edited by Lew_VRS

ZX9R Looks mint by the way, love the 'F2P' big mouth shape so mean with those shape headlights/nose cone too.

Yeah, he's put a tenner in his bike and it's lasted nearly 100 miles. Can't complain at all!

Please note the last of the ZZR600's have a similar nose on them but not released in UK so would have to be an import.

zzr600.jpg

Please note the last of the ZZR600's have a similar nose on them but not released in UK so would have to be an import.

zzr600.jpg

I've never seen on for sale in the UK :(

Isn't this essentially what was sold in the Uk earlier as a ZX6R?

Its in brilliant nick ,been cherished , got all the tools book and even original bill of sale , looked at a few that were supposedly mint , they weren't , brilliant value nowadays , go for the f series tho as the brakes are much better along with other stuff like braced swingarm engine mounts etc.

20120604_143734.jpg

• Like 1

Its in brilliant nick ,been cherished , got all the tools book and even original bill of sale , looked at a few that were supposedly mint , they weren't , brilliant value nowadays , go for the f series tho as the brakes are much better along with other stuff like braced swingarm engine mounts etc.

20120604_143734.jpg

My mates R6 is the same colour scheme. bloody lovely!

I've never seen on for sale in the UK :(

Isn't this essentially what was sold in the Uk earlier as a ZX6R?

Strangely in USA this is the ZZR600 but previously what we see as ZZR600 here was a ZX6R there lol

20120604_143734.jpg

My ZZR1400 is on the market soon if you up for the challenge upright position and very comfy but with all the power on earth on demand if needed full on board computer etc just hit 10K MINT :D

A quick message here folks - I'm not having a go, just saying stay safe following on from this:

http://www.kentonlin...with_death.aspx

To this:

http://www.briskoda....10#entry2829310

Keep safe folks.

Yes I saw the Luke thread and am awaiting confirmation before posting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bike had to go into wakisaki as a fault code came up and a fast idle that near spat me off taking a turn into a junction crossing oncoming traffic added 2K rpm by itself locked both wheels in turn on some loose something I have never expected before lol. Got it back yesterday and as I was not far from a long tunnel I took it threw and listened to the magnificence awwwwwwww it was emotional! 2 weeks with no bike was horrible!

Good to hear it!

Just to let you know I've bought a ZZR600 E7 which I will be collecting when I return from holiday on the 7th July.. If you're interested i'll upload some pics.

The only problem is I think the chap won't sell it.. he is very reluctant and know that he will regret it haha

Ex-Biker here ... retired due to Type I Diabetes making biking just too much of a risk, especially when you have a young family.

In my last few years of biking I had a couple of twist n go maxi scooters; A Gilera Nexus 500 and a Piaggio X9 500 and have to say they were awesome, simple fun. Prior to that I was a big Yamaha XVS fan and owned three, my fave being a metallic turquoise 650. :)

Edited by Longyear

Started with a Honda mbx 50 at 16, then got chuckied up at 18 with a brand new tzr125, few years gap then got a tuned cagiva mito 125, passed test bought a new cagiva canyon 500, then vfr400 nc30 and the last bike I had was a 1981 Honda 250 (can't remember model). Fancied another but too many toys.

Good to hear it!

Just to let you know I've bought a ZZR600 E7 which I will be collecting when I return from holiday on the 7th July.. If you're interested i'll upload some pics.

The only problem is I think the chap won't sell it.. he is very reluctant and know that he will regret it haha

Too right we want some pics twas an E7 I had too :D

Started with a Honda mbx 50 at 16, then got chuckied up at 18 with a brand new tzr125, few years gap then got a tuned cagiva mito 125, passed test bought a new cagiva canyon 500, then vfr400 nc30 and the last bike I had was a 1981 Honda 250 (can't remember model). Fancied another but too many toys.

A friend was diagnosed with type one recently and was told that he must have his levels at a certain number before driving and 50 higher before riding bike. Don't know if he will bother now though. It's a real shame to have to stop doing something you enjoy for the greater good but a large number of us seem to hit that point at some time or another.