Dash Cams

Cheers Fubar :) Do i need to set the recoding to "loop" in the recording settings ?

kit

From memory I think so. Once you are in it, it's all very clearly laid out. Remember to click save to make the changes take effect. 

Cheers for that Fubar.....Jonnie on the spot with good clear advise as all ways :) just one more thing...do i need to set anything in the settings so that it wll automatically come on when i start the car when its wired up using your piggyback fuse tip?

Thanks again

Kit :)

Cheers for that Fubar.....Jonnie on the spot with good clear advise as all ways :) just one more thing...do i need to set anything in the settings so that it wll automatically come on when i start the car when its wired up using your piggyback fuse tip?

Thanks again

There is an option for auto record in there I left that to on so soon as there is power going to it it will start recording, something like quick start it's called.

Going back to Kit's point, I can't find msetup.exe , or even if I have it in the computer. You can probably work out that computers are not my strong point! where do I find it?

You need to download it, I posted the links above in response to Kit. Post #275. The manual is good to read through, it's very well written for a Chinese item. 

Anybody had trouble with the battery holding charge on their Mobius?

Mine has been very temperamental since it arrived, and the battery is dying all the time, even when connected to a 5V dc supplied usb port (which works fine by the way).

I suspect its not charging properly in the first place.

Adam

Anybody had trouble with the battery holding charge on their Mobius?

Mine has been very temperamental since it arrived, and the battery is dying all the time, even when connected to a 5V dc supplied usb port (which works fine by the way).

I suspect its not charging properly in the first place.

Adam

Be worth checking in the settings that it's not set to auto turn off after 1/2/3 minutes etc? For using on battery that option (top right when you open the software, I would imagine should be set to (Auto Shut Off) 'off'.

My Mobius today at on a 50kph road and oncoming traffic reg is clear, neither Blackvue DR500GW's I had were able to do this. £44.42 well spent. The Ebay seller sent me the AV cable for TV with it too, it had a sticker on it saying "A Gift For You!" how cool is that?

Click to enlarge

Mobius%2520Test.png

• Like 2

How is it mounted any pics ?

Used the self adhesive mount rather than the suction one (ordered both to compare) as it was slightly smaller and more compact. 

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Here is a clip from a couple of hours ago with a 2CV almost taking front off my car ........... "Bloomin girl drivers!"

Youtube absolutely wrecked the quality tbh run it at 1080p but it's a lot sharper playing the files back on computer, that is why I did the still screenshot above to give a better idea of quality.

• Like 1

Has anyone got any footage of the Mobius at night? I'm thinking of getting one to replace the cam in my lass' car, as while daytime quality is great, nighttime is pretty bad.

Dutch with less street lighting still pretty good not grainy

USA lots of light pollution

All set up and fitted...thanks to Fubar :)

Two wee issues, the suction mount isnt very good and it keeps falling off the windscreen! And the other is that it sits very low down the windscreen! Other than that its great. Cracking picture quality :)

All set up and fitted...thanks to Fubar :)

Two wee issues, the suction mount isnt very good and it keeps falling off the windscreen! And the other is that it sits very low down the windscreen! Other than that its great. Cracking picture quality :)

That's why I went for the self adhesive mount £3.03 delivered it cost from them and it lets you fit it a little higher up. If suction thing is hitting the small dotted sun strip that might be your issue. If not glass needs to be as clean as possible as does suction thing. If all else fails perhaps a little lick might help it :P 

Just a general question to all dash cam owners. Do any of you get discount on your insurance premiums for having a camera?

I'm currently with Aviva and they offer no discount.

Just a general question to all dash cam owners. Do any of you get discount on your insurance premiums for having a camera?

I'm currently with Aviva and they offer no discount.

I don't bother with them for that reason tbh. I would assume that insurance companies have a list of cameras they approve of in cars (expensive ones) and if I took memory card out and forgot it etc would they then be awkward if it wasn't recording in the event etc. They would want to give me my insurance for £20 a year to make it worth my while. 

I got mine for my own sanity really, but some sites claim you can get 15% off our premiums.

15% or 'up to' 15%? Even at 15% The camera wouldn't pay for itself for first year and it's just another thing you need to maintain. If you had a more expensive Blackvue for example and it died, would be a big thing to have to fork out another £250 odd for another one because your insurance now requires it for a piddly 15% (to me 15% is less than £50 off).