Skoda Rapid due from November from 12K

One good thing. It would 'appear' that the lip on the hatch is now convexed so water should'n't gather on it anymore.

Do you think the designers have read the posts here?

Really liking the look of the Rapid but the only thing that dissapoints me a little is the size as it was supposed to fill the gap in the range between the Fabia and Octavia, not be nearly as big as the current Octavia. Would have liked to have seen something around 4.3m long maybe. Maybe the next Fabia will get bigger...

Really liking the look of the Rapid but the only thing that dissapoints me a little is the size as it was supposed to fill the gap in the range between the Fabia and Octavia, not be nearly as big as the current Octavia. Would have liked to have seen something around 4.3m long maybe. Maybe the next Fabia will get bigger...

+1 :thumbup:

TP

Dont forget that the new Octy will be bigger than the current model.

I know, but the next Octy would have to be 5m long for this to be truly in the middle!

I am sure it is because this car is supposed to be the sucessor to the original Octavia, but I would like to see a more classic Golf/Focus sized hatch too.

Edited by OctaviaT81

Bland, shmand... Who cares!

At the end of the day as long as you have the brilliant build & reliability and driving quality of the VAG, plus the usually excellent price point.

They'll have another winner on their hands. If that autobild picture is anything near it, then I'll be very happy indeed.

Pictures released in Autoexpress show different headlights.

The only pictures I can find in autoexpress show the heavily disguised testing mule, this has stickers placed to make the headlights look like a Fabia. Look closely and you can see the outline of the headlights as per the autobild photoshop.

I quiet like the look of this car, and if I were looking for a new car this would be quiet high on the list.

• Like 1

Skodas target market likes bland and conservative. This is one of the best looking new Skodas since the Mk1 Octy vRS.

I wouldn't call it bland. Japanese/Korean blobs I find bland. Conservative yes, but I like the simple clean and sharp styling inside and out.

Agree that this is one of the best recent Skodas. Only other truly good looking recent Skoda I would say is the Superb Combi. Looking forward to seeing the Octavia3 and Superb facelift now as I feel this new designer has something going for him.

Mannyo,

I am looking at this weeks magazine (no.1219) and it does no appear to be disguised.

If it is then I need a trip to Specsavers. Smiley face as my emincons are not working. :happy: Now they are.