CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

Yes, but I could have spent the money I already have taking my R35 to 800+bhp and fitting carbon brakes... with a beefed up gearbox and clutches too.

Hey ho! :rofl:

Life goes on...

I was under the impression that you were after a mental sleeper/q car....

a R35 is by no means a sleeper haha.

A mad citigo on the other hand is ;)

stick with it mate and I am sure that you will be pleased with the results ;)

• Like 2

How can you compare a box of bits for the R35 with a bonkers Citigo?

No no, patience is the word. And you started it and now you finish it   :giggle:

Still feeling with you Richard! Such projects can be so annoying. But if it is finished, you will look back with a HUGE smile :rock:

Yes, but I could have spent the money I already have taking my R35 to 800+bhp and fitting carbon brakes... with a beefed up gearbox and clutches too.

If the cheque I've just written to get my lad bussed to school next year is anything to go by, I'd not worry. You'll soon have enough money for as many fast Citigos and R35s as your heart desires :-)

That's undoubtedly the right decision

I just feel that for the money you've put into it those doing the work haven't exactly bent over backwards to get the job done

I'm sure they'll relish the plaudits when it's all done, and all the delays are forgotten

To think that this is coming up to 2 years now I agree - even allowing for racing seasons etc.

I guess the worry is now we are coming into the start of another racing season so does that mean work will stop again considering it is still at the "Pile of Bits" stage.

Well it went in to be painted about a week into February.

Eight weeks later...

Sooner or later your patience starts to run out.

Bare in mind that during that time I put a Yeti into CnC for a colour change and that's not only been stripped (Citigo is already just a shell) but it's been painted, reassembled, lent to my cousin for a week or two and is already in having it's turbo conversion etc...

Maybe I just don't get excited enough.

I'm completely puzzled as to the whole time frame thing.

• Like 4

You have the patience of a saint! Some day you will get a phone call and your response will be "what Citigo?". 

That time will come! 

Richard how far into the process is all the work?

When the paint is completed does it just need all the bits bolting back on and away you go or do Jabba still have more work to do after that?

Surely you could part company with Jabba thank them for their services and get someone else to assemble it?

I know that Unit 18 would relish the challenge and is in a unit next to a body repair place....

• Like 1

You have more patience than me Richard, but I feel your pain with the situation.

Getting the car painted elsewhere is not an issue,

but building it back up by someone who was not involved in its design... so obviously they have no first hand experience of the car and it’s many one off fabricated parts could be a nightmare!