CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

If it keeps going where the development is aimed at it will have a better power to weight ratio than Catheram 620R - 310bhp@545kg 568bhp/tonne!

Unlikely. :D

Probably more like 400bhp/tonne.

I used that thing called search ;) I was surprisingly close

'BossFox', on 29 Apr 2013 - 22:06, said:snapback.png

1200 to 1100 = close????

Try overestimating your girlfriend/wife's weight by 100kg and see if that's considered close 

:D

• Like 4

Unlikely. :D

Probably more like 400bhp/tonne.

Nothing to turn anybody's nose up at! 400bhp/tonnne is a supercar territory afterall!

Still, one more avenue open to you. It would keep the car looking standard as well. Change all the body panels to glass or carbon fibre :). Bit of a pain and costly but possible[emoji48]

Nothing to turn anybody's nose up at! 400bhp/tonnne is a supercar territory afterall!

Still, one more avenue open to you. It would keep the car looking standard as well. Change all the body panels to glass or carbon fibre :). Bit of a pain and costly but possible[emoji48]

I've already looked into it.

Panels would cost around £1,000 each and the Citigo is effectively made of tissue paper thick metal already.

Hence the base car's quote kerbweight is around 850kg.

If you threw a lot of money at it you might make it 100kg lighter. Probably less, it's got really light panels compared to Fabias etc...

And far more expensive to fix after a slight off.

It's just not viable.

The 620R has the benefit of light weight designed in.

And it's a fast car when made, rather unlike this...

Also while it has massive bhp/tonne it does this without huge power from the engine.

To make the Citigo quicker and more powerful would end up making it worse, because you'd add a lot of lag.

It already will make more power from it's 2.0 than most things out there.

That's why I went for the 2.5tfsi in the Yeti.

If you fancy funding the panels let me know though. ;):D

Edited by BossFox
  • Like 1

Richard, I thought you might have researched that dieting option:). Didn't realise the panels were already so thin! I think you are right, concentrate on getting the job finished as is and then perhaps later, should your fancy take you there, think about any other improvements. It is going to be epic as it is!

• Like 2

What it will need is a commode!!!!!

I believe that a bulk order for adult nappies (heavy soil) has already been placed so it should be delivered in time for the launch.

:p

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had told myself I wasn't booking my car in to Jabbasport to finish off the mapping until this one was done in case it even slowed it down for half an hour one day! Glad its coming together for you now. It's a true credit to you and you're "vision" as are all the others in the fleet ;)

• Like 2

Well...that is a read and a half, took me two hours to get through the lot. I have to say that this is an absolutely incredible feat so far. A running theme it seems through this topic is everyone bugging you to get this finished...looks like they're wearing you down a little bit, I have to say though if my truck is this far on next year I will be quite happy. Best of luck with the rest of this project, and dont let the meticulous detailing of this become comprimised, half the fun is in the build!

Well...that is a read and a half, took me two hours to get through the lot. I have to say that this is an absolutely incredible feat so far. A running theme it seems through this topic is everyone bugging you to get this finished...looks like they're wearing you down a little bit, I have to say though if my truck is this far on next year I will be quite happy. Best of luck with the rest of this project, and dont let the meticulous detailing of this become comprimised, half the fun is in the build!

I can see how you might get that impression, but AFAICS most of us are more doing a third party hassling of Jabbasport to get it finished.

• Like 2

I believe it's having these. Correct me if I'm wrong Richard.

cb085b8fffd1401739be9cbed805e9b1.jpg

Yes, 310mm Willwood fronts to fit behind the 16" rims and custom rears as we are retaining the 4 stud fitment, which is the same as a stock Citigo.

Hi, read through some of the build (theres a lot lol). Some crazy stuff happening and I love it!

If I could ask bait more about the brake choice, could these be used on a standard up! just using the original lines? I done a google and found a few of these kits for saxo's, ford etc just wondering what ones these were?

and how much work to the hub is it going to take to get them on? will the original offset by changed? 

Sorry I know its annoying with all the questions, get them all the time about my hydraulic suspension, false floor, snap off steering wheel, bucket seats etc but I've never dealt with brakes before! lol

• Like 1

Hi, read through some of the build (theres a lot lol). Some crazy stuff happening and I love it!

If I could ask bait more about the brake choice, could these be used on a standard up! just using the original lines? I done a google and found a few of these kits for saxo's, ford etc just wondering what ones these were?

and how much work to the hub is it going to take to get them on? will the original offset by changed?

Sorry I know its annoying with all the questions, get them all the time about my hydraulic suspension, false floor, snap off steering wheel, bucket seats etc but I've never dealt with brakes before! lol

These brakes were removed from a VW Corrado 1.8 that he bought as a parts car for another project

The whole design philosophy has been to make this thing still look like a standard CitiGo apart from details. So it uses standard size wheels, and the Wilwoods should fit an Up! given the right caliper brackets.

Having said that, unless you're also running a seriously uprated engine, do you actually need the brake upgrade?

• Like 1