CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

Richard, you have far more patience than me, I would have thrown my rattle a long time ago (maybe that's why I go through builders quickly) I really hope you get a satisfactory resolution to this, as lots of other members have commented,this is taking the p**s. Hope to see this in the metal at the next meet.

• Like 3

Either way, it will be at the 2015 Briskoda National Meet, if one is held.

Alongside a Yeti RS.

when will we all know about a national meet?? or do will have to bully Colin into sorting it?

• Like 1

when will we all know about a national meet?? or do will have to bully Colin into sorting it?

I don't know Ben.

Could always start a thread, might get people thinking about it. :)

I'd rather keep this free from abusing certain tuners as we all have our alliegences.

But I've given Jabbasport until the end of the year to see what can be done. In writing.

If progress continues to be disappointing it'll be moved to a new home in January, which can finish it within four months.

I think I've been understanding enough, at some point you have to draw a line.

Either way, it will be at the 2015 Briskoda National Meet, if one is held.

Alongside a Yeti RS.

It was more of a general comment toward what seems to be a more common practices in UK businesses. I've never dealt with Jabba and sure they've done some great work, just not in this particular case.

Can't wait to see them both, the Grenline project will be done by then too, shame I can't call it an RS though :( I'll pop the RR results up later, very pleased at what just an Intercooler has achieved on top of the map!!

Not knocking them Richard, they are doing a good job of that themselves, their track record over the past two years says it all. Like quite a few cottage industries, Jabba seem to have a pattern of doing a few bits when hassled then stopping, You then turn up, "look at us we are fitting the diff aren't we wonderful..." Assurance regarding progress will no doubt be given, sadly none will be made on the car. They only way forward is to take control yourself, grab the car back, tell them what you think of them and find someone who is willing and able to complete the work, otherwise the same conversation will be had again in 3 months time.

Yes, sat down and worked out a plan.

Their workload with racing stuff could well increase next year so it's got to be done by the end of the year really, end of January at the latest.

Otherwise I don't think it's going to happen as they get busy for the new racing season.

Build scheduled to be finished by the end of September, wiring by the end of November and then December to get the little bits and bobs done that are left over.

I've given them authorization to call in an extra pair of experienced hands if required for a few weeks here and there, with the cost that involves.

They have been trying to keep the costs sensible and do it around other stuff which is tricky when you are a bit short of manpower and very busy.

So it's track debut will probably be the Briskoda Castle Combe meet Jason organises in April 2015.

They are also looking into the flywheel and having one made as the guy they deal with that runs 700bhp+ down Santa Pod on a 1.8t had issues with it ripping the flywheel bolts out.

This Citigo might be close to 500bhp and with a sequential gearbox it's going to get a fair amount of abuse.

Not knocking them Richard, they are doing a good job of that themselves, their track record over the past two years says it all. Like quite a few cottage industries, Jabba seem to have a pattern of doing a few bits when hassled then stopping, You then turn up, "look at us we are fitting the diff aren't we wonderful..." Assurance regarding progress will no doubt be given, sadly none will be made on the car. They only way forward is to take control yourself, grab the car back, tell them what you think of them and find someone who is willing and able to complete the work, otherwise the same conversation will be had again in 3 months time.

I can see what B33fy is saying, the last time the work was threatened to move (a few months ago) they all of a sudden got some work done and then when you'd gone from the workshop it all dropped off again.

find someone who is willing and able to complete the work, otherwise the same conversation will be had again in 3 months time.

Oooh please sir, pick me sir!

Joking a side. It's an impressive build. The work they have done from what I have seen is to a high standard. But it appears they have a trade off of time vs quality and at the moment with other things they don't even get around to doing it.

It's a shame but theres only one person who can make that call as to where to go next!

Just came to check if this was getting anywhere yet... :( I really feel for you BossFox. Glad its not your daily!!! Shame as it will be magazine feature material when its done!

I have just done exactly the same and feel irritated (even though it has nothing to do with me) at how long it has been delayed.

It sounds as though they need to tighten up the ship and employ some more staff.

JRJG

I have just done exactly the same and feel irritated (even though it has nothing to do with me) at how long it has been delayed.

It sounds as though they need to tighten up the ship and employ some more staff.

JRJG

Still think we should arrange a Skoda meet on their doorstep and see how 30+ cars turning up can "persuade" them to get their a$$ in gear.

I don't understand how they aren't as excited by the project as all of us on here are? It makes no sense that they'd rather be tinkering about with Golfs when they could be working on something that will clearly add a massive level of respect to their reputation.

My money is that they think they've bitten off more than they can chew with it and don't have the skills to finish it.

I don't understand how they aren't as excited by the project as all of us on here are? It makes no sense that they'd rather be tinkering about with Golfs when they could be working on something that will clearly add a massive level of respect to their reputation.

My money is that they think they've bitten off more than they can chew with it and don't have the skills to finish it.

From what i have gathered their Race Golfs are the ones which bring in the most income

I've been reading this recently...its taken a while!  first can I add to the congratulations to Richard for attempting the project, its clearly a lot of fun and thanks for sharing it with us.  2nd can I say, concentrate on the fun it is bringing, and try not to get frustrated (I think you are being very patient and staying positive).  3rdly...come on Jabba...get a grip!  Richard clearly spends a lot of money with you on various projects, he should be looked after.  This project is substantial, and a great advert for what you can do, don't balls it up now by letting it get moved and end up losing all the credit for the great work done!

• Like 1

Just had another quick catch up on this.

Its crazy you arent priority, with your crazy big transformations youd have thought theyd want to get it done to a high standard and build up a relationship with you for any future projects.

Seems theyre shooting themselves in the foot IMO.

Nevertheless. I admire your patience Boss.