CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

"It's going to be some time...

Hoping it'll be done for next year's season. So March onwards at the latest."

should have read "year after next's season" :P

will have to continue drooling for a bit longer then :D is its first outing more likely to be 1/4 mile or track day? as I would be happy to see it at either!!

As long as you don't start looking at Perspex windows I will let you off :D

Keep it looking as standard as possible, are you still considering the dealer demo stickers?

I have a full set of lexan windows...

But it's OK, they are left over from the aborted Fabia mk1 project. :D

It'll just look like a stock silver Citigo.

No stickers other than a dealer supply one in the back window.

Yup :D  I just think it would cost a bomb to get the boot fitted right, and in use it will be noisy (less insulated) and I think it will struggle to get the boot mechanism to fit and work right.

Anyway, this is a citi-go-go-go-GO thread, so shush you! (and me!)

• Like 1

Wow, have just joined and read this post from start to here in one go, (passes the time when off sick). What an awesome idea and project, so right as the ultimate Q car. Like many others I will be thrilled to see this wee beast roar into life!! :happy:

• Like 1

10 minutes spare... Found myself looking at lightweight motorsport altenators...

Glad to see it all going in the right direction,. The sevenesque boys mainly run a Denso Alternator, which is nice lightwieght and compact, I believe it originated from a Daihatsu of some sort,, popular in motorsports applications as well, If you buy one be careful as there are a few chinese copies as aways out there. Weight saving of around 2 kilos

Edited to add some part numbers and links

A small car, four wheel drive, a wheel in each corner and an abundance of power, is the odd kilogram here and there really going to make a difference?

I assume you will be getting the car set up and properly corner weighted anyway?

I know it needs to be right but with the power to weight ratio it has not sure it will be too upset.

A small car, four wheel drive, a wheel in each corner and an abundance of power, is the odd kilogram here and there really going to make a difference?

I assume you will be getting the car set up and properly corner weighted anyway?

I know it needs to be right but with the power to weight ratio it has not sure it will be too upset.

Yes, I understand James.  It is going to be properly set up.

But if it's not expensive it can't hurt to cover the basics and lighten it a bit out at the front.

Alternator, battery etc can be lightened

Diff in the back is going to help balance anyway, but any weight improvements in the front can only help.

You will have to leave your wallet with me when you drive it :giggle: 

Not far off now but, do you think it will be ready for Oulton Park on the 8th October? More importantly will you still have the Nissan on the 8th? 

• Like 1

Not far off now but, do you think it will be ready for Oulton Park on lthe 8th October? More importantly will you still have the Nissan on the 8th?

Unlikely and no idea.

If the GT-R does not sell by September I will consider stripping the valuable upgrades off that will sell for more separately.

Unlikely and no idea.

If the GT-R does not sell by September I will consider stripping the valuable upgrades off that will sell for more separately.

Strip off the upgrades and at least Jason will have a chance to keep up with you then.

well you are more than welcome to thrash the Golf! (if it is finished)  

I may also have a spare driver paid for as my son was going to join us but with very mediocre or should I say dreadful A level results he may be back at school on the Tuesday! 

Are you using the Yeti at CC also?