CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

On the last page, someone mentioned custom trackday. This whole thread reminds me of the "Skoda Rapid Coupe" that used to perform at Castle Combe in one of the open classes.

I was only a nipper (15 max, so 20+ years ago), but I seem to remember it had something decidedly un-Skoda underneath.

Like a 6 litre V8 or something...

Auto Widnscreens used to sponsor it and bring their double decker to the meet. Gerry Marshall used to come to some and throw some bonkers kit about too.

Ah, those halcyon days!

Richard, do you think we will see the pocket rocket at Oulton Park in October??????  It will have a good chance to stretch its legs there. If it is ready of course  :happy:

Richard, do you think we will see the pocket rocket at Oulton Park in October??????  It will have a good chance to stretch its legs there. If it is ready of course  :happy:

I really hope so.

Progress has slowed a bit now we are back in racing season as Jabbasport are more busy.

Hassling them when they are doing it at good rates around other work is not going to be productive.

I have to be patient, but obviously I'd like to be bringing it to as many Briskoda events as I can.... and I will be when it's done.

fingers crossed then, would be great to see it out this year, if not and you bring the Banana, would it be possible to book a passenger seat for a few laps?

fingers crossed then, would be great to see it out this year, if not and you bring the Banana, would it be possible to book a passenger seat for a few laps?

Yes, I'll do a few passenger laps for people in whichever old banger I turn up in.

To be fair, I've got the easy part.

Solving all the issues cropping up during the build is way more tricky.

Good news is that even if it's not done, Jabbasport will be taking the car to the Big Briskoda Meet at the end of July, so people can have a look and see how it's going.

Cannot wait to see this!!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jabba been that busy?

Looks like they may even push it back to Crimbo at this rate :wonder:

More paitence than me! id be on them like a tonne of bricks by now

Not going to achieve anything though is it?

Their race cars come first.  Which I can understand in their position.

• Like 1

Good news and bad...

Good: :)

Car is stripped down pending return of sequential gearbox in a day or two, we are on the move again.

Bad: :(

It's in no fit state to be moved, shown off and have people picking holes in it with no engine, gearbox etc.. in it.

So while progress is imminent, taking it to the Brisky meet is not.  It's just a shell.

That's a great shame. Out of all of the Skoda's going to Gaydon, I was really looking forward to seeing this one, even if it's not finished yet. I'm gutted :(

Oh, well, I'm sure it will be nice to meet and speak to you in person anyway.

It's not just not finished Jim, it's a shell with no engine, turbo, gearbox, diff, propshafts etc...

Effectively all the bits that have been built and trial fitted are off so the shell can be given it's final prep.

Then the engine, gearbox, wiring etc... can go back in and stay in.

Disappointing, but necessary. :(

As an unprepped shell it's just going to look a bit cack, because it's not painted/sealed etc... and none of the interesting bits are fitted.

So it'll just be there with a queue of people picking holes in what's been done.

I was hoping it would be the star of the show, but we'll all have to wait for the 2014 National meet (if it happens) to see it.

I wasn't bothered about how the shell was, but was interested in how you (and other companies) squeezed the engine and running gear in. As you say, now none of it is currently fitted and shell is a mess, so no point in bringing it.

it seems like a step back but is better done this way than just bolting it all up and driving off.

they can get all the little parts fettled which are needed, strenghten welds which they couldent get to with all the bits on. it really is the best way, and also all the bits can get painted and sealed to reduce the chance of rot. :)

• Like 2

Been a while since i been on here so i just spent the last hour and half catching up with this!   Looking epic mate. Cannot wait to see this in the tin. All that pro alloy stuff looks the boobies too!

Keep up the good work to all involved!  

• Like 2

On the last page, someone mentioned custom trackday. This whole thread reminds me of the "Skoda Rapid Coupe" that used to perform at Castle Combe in one of the open classes.

I was only a nipper (15 max, so 20+ years ago), but I seem to remember it had something decidedly un-Skoda underneath.

Like a 6 litre V8 or something...

Auto Widnscreens used to sponsor it and bring their double decker to the meet. Gerry Marshall used to come to some and throw some bonkers kit about too.

Ah, those halcyon days!

This one? It had a V8.

2723403364_efb8b0e11c_o.jpg