CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

True enough about the shuttle tiles mate!

A ceramic coated cast iron or even S/S manifold will not be anywhere near as cool to the touch even after a couple of hours!

I know because I've got one! Lol! And I've burnt my hand on it often enough to learn this the hard way!

Ceramic coating won't even drop the under bonnet temps by as much as 40deg C!

It's worth doing though...this little things gonna light the night sky when it gets hot!

Especially with boss fox at the wheel ;-)

Heat management will be a challenge in such a confined space, particulary the under bonnet temp and coolant temp. If the engine cooling is likely to be marginal may be worth thinking about ditching the thermostat and water pump, then fitting a Davies Craig electric pump set up with an electronic pump and fan controller and a failsafe manual override using a separate thermal switch and dash button. Will also run after shutting down the engine to prevent heat soak. Apologies if you're going that route already Richard or thought up a differnt approach,..I'm doing it to the kitcar for one last ditch attempt to get it working properly.

• Like 1

Something else to help heat....?

How about a "wizards of nos" C02/No2 spray kit for the fmic?

Reasonably priced at £440-600

It's next on my list.....apart from driving tuition!

You could always have Jabba sport press out some louvres into the wheel arch to keep the silhouette right with additional fans to keep air moving out and the underbonnet temps lower.

• 4 weeks later...

This looks an awesome project, gonna be silly quick when done :)

I do feel the car is to small for this. But its excellent work so far and cant wait to see it going :)

The wheelbase is almost the same as a mk1 Fabia/Audi TT.

If it had a long wheelbase it'd be very stable.  Where's the fun in that? ;)

I had the Yeti out at Brands and that was moving about a fair bit which made it far more fun.

I had the Yeti out at Brands and that was moving about a fair bit which made it far more fun.

I see, your bonkers!! see what you mean tho, looks fun (and quick?!?!)

TT does have an extremly short wb mind. But it has a fair track. I imagine even extended the citigo will still be quite narrow? 

But yes I see your point, itll be 'fun' thats for sure!

Really interesting build, ive been through a fair few pages of this thread and pics seem a rare commodity?

Really interesting build, ive been through a fair few pages of this thread and pics seem a rare commodity?

Well the project goes a bit slow sometimes as it has to fit in around other stuff.

It was started over a year ago and we are still on the job with 3 months or so to go.  Maybe.

Plus the emphasis has been on getting the thing done rather than recording each step with photographic evidence.

The key or interesting bits have been recorded, but with so much interest/chat it's turned into quite a large thread which is fine.  It just makes finding pics a bit tricky. :)

Plus the emphasis has been on getting the thing done rather than recording each step with photographic evidence.

Aww what? No thorough technical guide when you're done? :(

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I do feel the car is to small for this. But its excellent work so far and cant wait to see it going :)

SWB - Fast turn-in, but possibly snappy oversteer at the limit. 

LWB - Stable, but not inclined to turn in (or out) quickly.

Since this is basically a road-legal trackday car and not a true GT, I'd say SWB every time.

Long time follower on this epic build, but I must admit these were my first thoughts too - based on how cars like the 6R4 etc drive... Indecently quick in a straight line, but a right handful to drive 'properly' round the twisty stuff.

If the handling isn't quite there who cares, it's a 400 BHP steroid induced Citigo :devil::party:

Because it would be a waste of time, effort and money if the power could not be put down.

I really hope it does work because it has the potential to be awesome... I just currently have these doubts... Hopefully unfounded!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The wheelbase is something like 4cm shorter than a Fabia and it'll have 50/50 power split to the front and back under power.

Don't worry, it'll be fine. :peek:

As for a waste of time, effort and money.  I see your point, but...

That depends on the end goal.

The goal is not to make a really, really fast car that will slay anything.

If it was I'd not have started with a Citigo.  I just sold a car that did that. :)

The goal is to make a crazy fun car you need to be on form to drive and doesn't look quick.

I expect, in this, it will be a success.

It will be twitchy, it will be a bit of a handful and most of all it'll probably be a lot of fun.  Even if that means going round corners sideways.

But most of all I hope it will be epic and probably scare the bejesus out of me.  Which will make it worth every penny.

I could never give myself a good scare in the GT-R.  It was too capable.

• Like 2

I could never give myself a good scare in the GT-R.  It was too capable.

Try telling that to Neil - if you even mention the words Yellow GTR he goes in to cold sweats  :rofl:

Martin, everything will be fine, hence the reason the Citigo has not seen the outside world for the last 18 months - this is very much a meticulous build rather than an old school approach of...... find big engine, bodge it in over the weekend, bend it in half round an oak tree - not me officer  :blush:  :o

For all that this is the hair-brained scheme of a madman, it is being done with meticulous care and attention by a craftsman. :rock:

I would imagine that this car will scare those that sit in it especially if driven anywhere close to the limit :whew:

Just had a thought - has sufficient allowance has been made in the budget for new tyres? They are only going to last days on this beast!

For all that this is the hair-brained scheme of a madman, it is being done with meticulous care and attention by a craftsman. :rock:

I would imagine that this car will scare those that sit in it especially if driven anywhere close to the limit :whew:

Just had a thought - has sufficient allowance has been made in the budget for new tyres? They are only going to last days on this beast!

I'm sure it'll be cheaper on tyres than the Nissan was

• Like 1

Richard, just a thought.......how do you go about insuring this thing?? IF (heaven forbid) it got trashed or stolen, how do put a price on replacing it?!

Richard, just a thought.......how do you go about insuring this thing?? IF (heaven forbid) it got trashed or stolen, how do put a price on replacing it?!

I have a helpful fleet insurance guy.

When you give them a daft amount of money on a yearly basis they have to help you out a bit sometimes... ;)

I'm sure it'll be cheaper on tyres than the Nissan was

Indeed.

If I kill a set of tyres every time I take it out It'll still cost me less per year than the depreciation on a GT-R.  Far less.

Handy thing sensible sized tyres. :)

• Like 1

Actually... :rock:

Don't forget it's going to be running 16" rims.

Perfect fit...

Although I think I'd go for 2/4 pots rather than the slide callipers.

I'm sure Tom once pointed me in the direction of a set of willwood callipers that'd work nicely on 312mm with a custom carrier.

Edited by cheezemonkhai

Perfect fit...

Although I think I'd go for 2/4 pots rather than the slide callipers.

I'm sure Tom once pointed me in the direction of a set of willwood callipers that'd work nicely on 312mm with a custom carrier.

Yes we already have our eyes on a Willwood set up. :)

• Like 1