Has anyone been given a delivery date for the Blackline Octavia VRS?

Blackline in white, DSG, hatchback.   Great car, my third Skoda.

Had it 15 months, from new.  14000 miles so far.

A few minor problems, namely,

Rear parking sensors can be temperamental and have constant bleep when reverse selected. Happens when the cars been washed, or in the rain, but problem cures itself as they dry out. 

Rear wiper stopped working a couple of months ago.  New motor fitted under warranty.

Its going to need front tyres in a few months time.  Probably get 16-18000 out of them, but I'm told that's good.

The sat nav isn't very good, on the Amundsen+ I have.  Its slow to react at junctions, but I tend not to use it much anyway.

One thing that does still impress and work well is the Bluetooth kit I fitted following WelshKaiboys instructions.  Thanks again for that mate.

• Like 1

We have a Blackline on our taxi company on a 62 plate, white with black alloys and it gets a fair few positive comments. My taxi is a white vRS with silver alloys which I prefer so I guess it's just down to what you like.

qe2e9u4a.jpgy6e5y6ez.jpgdusu3upy.jpg7umaga2u.jpgqe4ujuhe.jpg

The Blackline hadn't been "taxi plated" yet on these photos and neither had mine in the last photo. The blue one is the one I replaced with the vRS with silver alloys.

Edited by mdbirtles

8.5k miles for me, 14 months old. No issues at all, although the rear parking sensors sticking on due to the wet weather is really starting to p1ss me off now. Tried silicone spray but one particular sensor still seems to misbehave!!

Blackline estate DSG, turned 1 on Jan 27th. 11k miles.

Its been excellent to be fair, probably the most reliable VAG based car ive had, and have had a few! Its a good looking car, well built, well equipped, not in any way overstyled or contrived..tasteful.

The handful of problems ive had with it and all have been v minor some Ive just just lived with, some have resolved themselves or have turned out not to have been faults at all.

V occasionally my DAB poxes about (completely loses signal) but starts working when the ignition has been off for a while, its possibly happened 3 or 4 times in the year.

I have an ancillary belt squeak when v cold/damp but understand most of them do it and it does go off quickly.

Also get the parking sensor issue v occasionally when its been really wet but nothing a dab of kitchen towel doesnt usually sort.

I had a tailgate rattle for a while, suspected a broken off rear brake light lug but that sorted itself (lug has obviously found a new permanent home).

Only thing im really not overly impressed with quality wise is how quickly the cover on the drivers seat base has stretched, its not that bad really but not fantastic. Suspect long term it may start to look sorry for itself with alot more miles under its belt.

Otherwise ive had a blocked drivers side washer jet that a quick poke with a sewing pin fixed.....oh and ive lost one of my wheel bolt covers.

Testament to its good build quality even had a shopping trolley roll into it 3 times across the front during bad weather (caught by a gust of wind whilst in Sainsbury's) last weekend.....was expecting the worst but by some miracle didnt leave a single mark.

Negatives in the way it drives and goes.....the rides a bit too crashy...not terrible but could be better, its a bit noisy at speed, fuel economy whilst not terrible did expect it to be a little better. Performance wise whilst far from a slow car, its considerably slower than the TSi real world and feel its a little bit sheep in wolves clothing. In that respect feel perhaps I did ultimately buy the wrong variant.

Ive ended up trading it for a new shape 2.0 TDi Elegance estate, bit more equipment still and v similar performance (if not a bit better - the new 150 lump and light weight give it belting go for a regular model) with a softer more compliant ride (but possibly not quite as sharp) and cheaper to run. Part of me is definitely going to miss the Blackline, had it had the TSi lump in it and backed up its looks with the go id probably be keeping it.

Edited by pipsyp

I almost got rid of mine in December but the car that I was looking at sold before I could go and view it but now I have found another car that I want. Pity its 548 miles away and I need to book time off work to go and see it but I won't be able to get off work until late next week at the earliest due to whats happening early next week :( Hope it doesn't sell but the car looks mint in the photos and I've been in contact with the dealer and they say it's spotless. The only reason that I'm selling is because I want more power in my life and I'm getting a bit bored of having a diesel since thats all I've ever owned since I passed my test in 2009.

Ive ended up trading it for a new shape 2.0 TDi Elegance estate, bit more equipment still and v similar performance (if not a bit better - the new 150 lump and light weight give it belting go for a regular model) with a softer more compliant ride (but possibly not quite as sharp) and cheaper to run. Part of me is definitely going to miss the Blackline, had it had the TSi lump in it and backed up its looks with the go id probably be keeping it.

I am thinking of doing the same,quick question did you get a decent deal when you traded your Blackline in? mines 15 months old and 15000 miles now.

I am thinking of doing the same,quick question did you get a decent deal when you traded your Blackline in? mines 15 months old and 15000 miles now.

Also thinking about P/X mine at 16 mths old & 12000mls. Anyone had any up to date valuation figures to help me?

Edited by A6TDH

Yes did well. Think i was offered in the region of 17.2 for it, basically theyve guaranteed £1320 or so of equity which i plan on sticking most of back in the bank.

New one (with 0% and 3 year servicing) with 500 deposit came out at just under £300/month over 42 months 10k miles a year.

IMHO a base spec 2.0 TDi 150 SE drove better overall than the vRS; its quicker (power delivery much better) quieter and more refined and handles v well even on 16" wheels and standard suspension. The 17"s with 225 section tyres and standard suspension on the Elegance should give a great compromise between grip and comfort.

Edited by pipsyp

Yes did well. Think i was offered in the region of 17.2 for it, basically theyve guaranteed £1320 or so of equity which i plan on sticking most of back in the bank.

New one (with 0% and 3 year servicing) with 500 deposit came out at just under £300/month over 42 months 10k miles a year.

IMHO a base spec 2.0 TDi 150 SE drove better overall than the vRS; its quicker (power delivery much better) quieter and more refined and handles v well even on 16" wheels and standard suspension. The 17"s with 225 section tyres and standard suspension on the Elegance should give a great compromise between grip and comfort.

By the way car i ordered was base spec white elegance estate manual 2.0 TDi with spare wheel, nothing else

Long time, no post

New on 15th Oct 2012

10k miles

Servicing Free

53 ish MPG in warm weather, 47 ish in winter (may be temp and/or shorter journies)

SAT NAV lost it's 'marbles' on 1st Dec - didn't know where I was or where I was going! - Fixed with no drama with a new 'whale-tail' innards

Parking sensors have a hissy-fit after rain esp middle-right one!

Still getting great comments from colleagues - esp. young Asians who 'love the black rims', apparently  :love:

It's a true 'keeper', as I'm as happy as I was when I'd placed my order  :giggle:

the blackline had a issue yesterday, I didnt pull hand brake up enough and it rolled across the road and luckly stopped by the corner of swmbos car. my mate came and told me to get my car. and all luckly bith cars are left undamaged just scrapped the liquor on both cars that I can get out with a machine polish. my car is so lucky. haha.

the blackline had a issue yesterday, I didnt pull hand brake up enough and it rolled across the road and luckly stopped by the corner of swmbos car. my mate came and told me to get my car. and all luckly bith cars are left undamaged just scrapped the liquor on both cars that I can get out with a machine polish. my car is so lucky. haha.

Wowsers a bit close!

I've noticed that if you park after a fast drive then as the brakes cool the handbrake can loose its grip as the disc shrinks.

Something to do with how the handbrake locks on.

• Like 1

Wowsers a bit close!

I've noticed that if you park after a fast drive then as the brakes cool the handbrake can loose its grip as the disc shrinks.

On a manual car its never really a bad idea to leave the car in 1st or reverse depending on which way you are facing, cant actually remember a time ive had a car with a truely reliable handbrake; disc brakes definitely are not as effective as drums i find. Bit of pressure on the gearbox perhaps but better than the risk of it rolling away or worse killing someone.

I guess this is one of the pros of an electronic handbrake, it always applies enough pressure to the rear brakes.

DSG cars have no such worries, there is a big locking pin that gets electronically stuck through the front differential when you stick it in park.

Wowsers a bit close!

I know. was annoyed though as I normily leave hand break on and in 1st gear but didnt put it in gear for some reason. was very annoyed at my self. glad there was no major damage, only poped in the see missis at work.

I know. was annoyed though as I normily leave hand break on and in 1st gear but didnt put it in gear for some reason. was very annoyed at my self. glad there was no major damage, only poped in the see missis at work.

Easily done

So then 15 Months on with my Blackline Hatch. It's just had it's 2nd service @ Lookers Skoda, Manchester.

I did get a letter through from Lightcliffe in Warrington asking whether I'd be tempted to sell it just before Christmas though.

Only issue I've had with it to date has been the rear wiper motor going faulty on me. This was of course rectified for free in the last service.

Car has now done 19,200 miles and I genuinely couldn't be happier with it. Have just paid the finance off too which I'm quite pleased about.

Hi all, its been a while since I've been on the forum.

Mine is now 16 months old - had from new, now on 13500 miles. I had some initial issues - DSG related and rear wiper related (which resulted in a new gearbox replacement < 3 months old).

However since then, the car has been awesome. Not let me down once and drives really nice.

I am tempted to look at a new VRS (petrol, non DSG) next year when PCP finishes. However my concern will be how expensive in relation to the bargain we got on the blackline (in terms of matching spec). I may well pay it off, keep it and get a remap done on it. See how I feel next year.

I've just had to replace two front tyres - I think the alignment was out which caused excessive wear. Now I have Kunhos (I think that's the spelling) on the front and complete car wheel alignment (Hunter system) and it drives soo much better.

Are other people tempted by the new VRS? and have you been quoted any good deals for one?

for a similar spec new vRS you are looking at around £25k, it's a bunch of money more than the Blackline was.. the only way you're going to get a bargain like that again is when a new model is due for release..

to be honest I'm not that fussed on the new shape Octy, I just like the old shape a lot :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi..blackline vrs, 9500 miles..had her since July last year..already had the airbag replaced (4 days to sort it), two rear wiper motors replaced..and not the best experiences at my local skoda dealer..condescending manager don't help.

Apart from that it's been great. ????

Seriously..I've been close to selling the car. Wish I'd bought the gtd instead.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hi..blackline vrs, 9500 miles..had her since July last year..already had the airbag replaced (4 days to sort it), two rear wiper motors replaced..and not the best experiences at my local skoda dealer..condescending manager don't help.

Apart from that it's been great. ????

Seriously..I've been close to selling the car. Wish I'd bought the gtd instead.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Haha you part timer ;) Thats nothing compared to whats gone wrong on mine lol. It was in the garage for 9 days straight at one point and they still wanted to keep it for longer because it still wasn't fixed but I needed it back because the Citigo that they gave me was too small for what I had to do the next week.