Has anyone been given a delivery date for the Blackline Octavia VRS?

Phoned the dealer yesterday - silver alloys are NOT an option to me. Nevermind.

I'm getting 4 brand new silver neptunes next week (warranty claim) - do you fancy doing a swap?

What deal are you guys getting on these cars?

I'd check the build date to make sure they haven't been sat around in a compound for months and are just getting 'dolled up' with all the options..... :bandit:

Edited by adder

I expect they have been prepped 500 units for order to keep mkII sales up as the mkIII due next year. The deal is same price as normal VRS, but with SatNav (Amunsden), Dab, Leather, Rear Parking sensors and black alloys - then the "VAT Free" offer, and if you take finance £500 off + 3 years servicing... which I think is a very good deal, as was close to getting a standard VRS (i.e. less toys) for the same price, and a got a better ptex giving me £500 more. From my experience with the VAT offer there is little (no) haggling on price.

I keep pestering dealer with a date, all they can say is "Skoda have accepted my order", but they can not give me an ETA! Is it worth calling Skoda direct, or are they likely to be clueless?

I spoke to a lady at Derek Slacks this morning - she does all the paperwork/ordering behind the scenes. She actually had my order sat in front of her - she was going to make a few phonecalls and get back to me, but as yet nothing. So she can't have any good news for me... :(

However, I was a little bit annoyed to find that my request for mudflaps had not found its way onto the order form. She has now added it on though. I have also pestered her for a list of the available number plates to choose from. Nothing exciting available, but there is one I like more than the others.

Just to let you know there is no Skoda mudflap available for the VRS. If you search on here some people say you can get the non VRS to fit with a bit of modification. My dealer still thinks the end of Sept for delivery.

Not as impatient as you but then I'm already on my 4th VRS

Tom

Edited by A6TDH

Not many good pics as of yet, other than the ones I took when I did the test drive. Might put them on when I get the chance, not easy to find the time at work.

So far so good! The cooling fan seems to run for quite a while when the engine is shut off, this was on the afternoon I picked it up and

it was about 22 degs outside. Not sure if this is normal?? Hasn't done it since now that the weather has cooled a couple of degrees.

It goes like stink though, I find myself being very concious of the speed limit especially around town - it's far to easier to creep up way over the limit.

Also, it seems very quiet - are the exhausts meant to be sporty or generally 'subtle'? I'm not sure if the slight 'growl' is from the

engine or the exhaust.

Hi

I've just registered here, I've ordered a white blackline yesterday, and I'm really looking forward to it. Electronic docs from Arnold Clarke state 28th Sept as delivery? not sure if this will be accurate (given posts in this thread).

I'm currently driving a 58 plate Vectra CDTI 150BHP as a family car. I used to own a modified 250 BHP MR2 Turbo Rev 2 with MRD styling until the kids came along hence the Vectra. I'm so bored of my car, and my Octavia vRS purchase was impulsive - I've not driven one before, however felt it was justified given reviews/ feedback, current deal on blackline and long term value a lot better than my current car. And it has to be better than a Vectra.

It will be interesting to hear the feedback on the blackline in particular, I'm also interested in how the Sat Nav stacks up, is it updateable (through CDs?) and does the blackline DAB stereo have a SD slot like the normal vRS? I'm assuming this will allow me to play MP3's from it. The one thing I will miss from the Vectra is my 6 CD autochanger with MP3 - so hopefully the SD/MP3 on the blackline will do what I hope.

I've gone for the manual box as opposed to DSG. I've read the DSG is a nice box and mature as its VW, but I've also read you either love it or hate it, and as I've not driven one, best to stick to what I know. I hope I haven't made a mistake by choosing manual over DSG.

One last thing (having read this thread), the paper work has given me a delivery date, this came through within a couple of hours of ordering the car (and paying small deposit) - does this mean I will definately get one allocated or is there still a chance Skoda could say to Arnold Clarke they have no stock left? Now I've ordered and read a lot about it, I'd be gutted if it fell through due to lack of stock.

Looking forward to seeing pics, hopefully being an owner, and coming back here.

Matt

They will have built a selection of each in right hand drive;

Hatch & estate

Blue, black and white

Manual and DSG.

It is likely that they are already in the UK at a dock / compund somwhere or are at least on their way.

You guys have had the first orders so choice is still plentiful, I'm sure this will change as they get down to the last 100 or so cars.

Ok. Let's get some ACTUAL facts on the table, rather than guys speculating.

I received a phone call from the sales manager (yesterday) telling me that my car is likely to be delivered end of this month/early next month. I HAVE a car allocated with an order number, but here is the interesting bit.......

The cars are NOT built yet. They only made a small amount of blue and black ones to get into dealers this month. They haven't even made any white ones yet!

Also, the allocation of 500 cars is quickly running out. There are orders going in for them from all over the place now. I am really glad to have gotten one secured. I'm also really pleased that these Blacklines are getting put together from new, rather than getting retro-fitted with all the gear.

Edited by Thehulkster
  • Like 1

Hello all!

New member here - last week i signed myself up for a Blackline (manual, hatch in White). Something tells me that this combo will be the most popular! Dealer told us to expect delivery at the end of September.

Still not sure about the black wheels - i asked the dealer if i could get mine without, but was told no. The only option would be to buy another set of wheels aftermarket, and swap them over... We'll see...

We were originally looking to buy a Yeti, but they're just too expensive compared to the Octavia - and all the extra kit on this Blackline makes it a bit of a no-brainer. Never owned a Skoda before, but i've had a few years with VAG, so i know it'll be a good product.

Does anyone reckon they'll be individually numbered?

Getting excited now!

Ok. Let's get some ACTUAL facts on the table, rather than guys speculating.

I received a phone call from the sales manager (yesterday) telling me that my car is likely to be delivered end of this month/early next month. I HAVE a car allocated with an order number, but here is the interesting bit.......

The cars are NOT built yet. They only made a small amount of blue and black ones to get into dealers this month. They haven't even made any white ones yet!

Also, the allocation of 500 cars is quickly running out. There are orders going in for them from all over the place now. I am really glad to have gotten one secured. I'm also really pleased that these Blacklines are getting put together from new, rather than getting retro-fitted with all the gear.

If you have an order number and the dealer says they ain't built yet that would suggest a factory build which the dealer and skoda uk can track via their ordering system. They will know its build date, provided its been given one and then they can work out how long it will possibly be for delivery Usually a few weeks after its been completed. It all depends how busy the dock is at emden as it ain't just skoda that ships from there

They won't be waiting until receiving 500 orders before building them!

If they are in fact being built to order then the production run won't be limited to 500, despite what the marketing blurb says.

The previous LE was fitted with specific numbering on the seats and dash, the Blackline doesn't.

The inability to add options will be a Skoda UK marketing / Skoda CZ decision which makes sense as it would kind of defeat the point of having a special edition.

Yep, nothing about this edition is 'special' it contains nothing really apart from DAB which you can't spec anyway. That's not to say it isn't good value...but it's not like the 2009 LE, which had a custom trim interior/wheels/new engines/new colour etc.

Plus if demand exceeds 500, I bet they just order more!

Just saying cos I don't understand what the hoohah is all about. It's cool that you're getting octy's but it's just a vrs at the end of the day so i'm just saying I don't get all the excitement over any other brand spanker.

Was expecting this thread to be a cool special edition or something and it doesn't look like it is, that's all.

It's not the fact it's a special ed, it's just a model with lots of free kit worth having, we are just keen to get our vrs's

I don't care if it's blackline, blueline, greenline or pinkline... Its that fact that I get satnav, dab, reverse sensors, leather at no extra cost... Not bothered about the black wheels and would ratherhave silver.

• Like 1

If it's the same cost as a standard vrs, it sounds a bargain when you put it like that.

It is the same cost, then less VAT, and less £500 + 3 years service if u take the finance - Nice deal.

I am just excited about getting it, and the reason for wanting a date is that my part ex TAX/MOT expires end of the Sept.