Has anyone been given a delivery date for the Blackline Octavia VRS?

Guys - Just been reading your comments about the oil temperature display.

I looked into this issue for ages........so here goes:

I've got a 2012 Vrs and on delivery I got it changed from variable servicing to fixed which resulted in my oil temperature display just displaying "---"

Basically when they change servicing from variable to fixed, it turns the oil temperature sensor off by default. However once they do this they can just click a box and turn it back on again.

So I'm on fixed servicing with oil temperature displaying correctly.

I just gave the following collation of advice from this site on a printed bit of paper to my dealer and they worked it out without an issue:

Needs turning on with diagnostic, it's in the self diag menu, looking for TOG to be on. Sometimes gets turned off if the service schedule is set to fixed on PDi.

All cars come from factory set to QG1 (that can run on long life anyhow). If you want it changed to fixed (QG2) the test plan to do so turns off the oil sensor, it can be turned back on so it's no problem. Some technicians don't realise it has done it so the oil temperature doesn’t display on maxi-dot.

All cars have the sensor, but if the car was set to fixed service VAS will set the oil sensor to off if programmed via GFF on some engines, caught me out a few times.

You can set to QG0 10k servicing and turn the oil sensor (TOG) on in dash panel.

Hi, I have just ordered a VRS blackline estate manual in met black. I have always liked the look of the VRS octavia and my mother had a 06 plate Fabia Vrs diesel that was impressed with. I wasnt even thinking of changing but was surfing the net and found the blackline, loved the look of it so bought on impulse. I havent even driven one but know if it is anywhere near as good as the fabia I wont be dissapointed

Has anyone bothered with getting the paint protection done and Gap insurance? The Fabia VRS was red and had the paint protection done from new and 3 years later looked like it had just been polished after a wash. What price should I expect to pay for these options?

If anyone is interested there are still some blackline estates left, I was worried I had missed the boat but the dealer I ordered from also had a race blue in stock and said there were still ones on the system.

Wow, what can I say, excellent car.

A few quick observations- sat nav/radio brill, love the dual zone ac, engine lovely and smooth power there when I want it but also comfortable to drive, already at 45mpg average, like the leather seats but might have been disappointed if paid full whack for them, rear sensors essential, do not feel as though I am driving a barge but more a big booted GTI, surprised and pleased that the car is not crashy over pot holes/speed bumps, a few of the touchy/feely stuff might not be the best but not worth an extra few k more.

All in all I am delighted so far and the dealer experience was very good (and so it should be) Newmarket Bannockburn - recommended.

Only minor 'feature' that needs to be fixed is that the factory installed a LHD wing mirror controller for my RHD car - go figure. Assembly boys must have opened a bottle of the local brew at this point. But correct part already ordered and enroute.

Car so far 8.5/10 - dealer 9/10.

Ps where is the rear screen heater switch and the wing mirror heater switch? - d'oh

• Like 1

Rear screen heater should be amongst your air con buttons from memory, heater for the wing mirrors is on the wing mirror control switch. On the RHD one you rotate it towards the front, but as you've gone continental might be the opposite way if it's the same switch.

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

Yes, just noticed the wing mirror heater selector behind my euro version switch!

Thought red was the fastest colour, defo white now.

What muppet fitted that? It's blatantly obvious that it is upside down. Its a bit like the one that had the skoda badge stuck upside down on the steering wheel emoticon-0120-doh.gif

• Like 1

This shows you how keen I was to drive the car away without fully investigating everything - did everyone else get a bottle of oil in a smart looking bag that velcros on to the wall on the boot?

This shows you how keen I was to drive the car away without fully investigating everything - did everyone else get a bottle of oil in a smart looking bag that velcros on to the wall on the boot?

yes I did.. I put it in the wheel well as it looks silly velcro'd to the side of the carpet!

Was promised a bottle of oil but have not found one, unless it is hiding somewhere. Will mention to dealer.

I got one in the little side pocket on the left hand side of the boot.