Has anyone been given a delivery date for the Blackline Octavia VRS?

my race blue estate has arrived this morning - cracking car - been for a short spin and really pleased!

trouble is the birds have bombed the bonnet already!

I swear race blue is a prim bird target at least twice a week cleanibg droppings off it. Either that or I live direcly under a major bird flight path and they emty their septic tanks above the house haha.

I never have her talking to me anyway, after the Zenec head unit I installed in my previous vRS who thought everything was a question. Massive inflection at the end of the last work ... "Take the 3rd exit onto the roundabout?"...... are you asking me or telling me? :rofl:

Was that the Aussie version?......... :giggle:

I picked my black blackline estate up yesterday, love it! I got it from Westgate Skoda in Grimsby and they had a brand new race blue and black estate in stock and 1 white estate pre-registered (all blacklines). I asked the salesman and he confirmed there are no white left on the system. but there are blue and black.

I also got the spare wheel, oil top up pouch and a luggage net with mine. I noticed today that the R/H boot cubby hole has a first aid sign on it, is there supposed to be a first aid kit in there from new??

On my way home I called in and had the windows tinted at Pentagon auto tint in Manchester. Went for midnight on the b-pillars back and a very light smoke on the fronts, to me it really sets the car off.

• Like 2

Chopper can you post pics of the tinting , sounds good . I pick same up soon and that is first job on my list. If you dont mind how much did that cost ? bound to be dearer in Essex ! :think:

I'll try and get some photos tomorrow and post them up. It cost £200 for all windows and a lifetime guarentee whatever that is worth!

I felt like a peasant driving in with my new Blackline, they had a porshe 911 4s, Panamera, Cayenne, 2 brand new s-class mercs, an audi RS3 and a new X5 in getting tints, some getting wrapped.

On another matter, does anyone else's sat nav lady have a speech impediment?

Mine says "......after 200 yards take the turn to the"n" left...." emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Anyone else found this?

I've turned her off now but when she was on, she sometimes said "carry on for a long time". That always gave me a laugh but depressed me at the same time because it reminded me that I was still miles away from where I wanted to be....emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

You went to the right place then. no riff raff ! Is it ok to get the front tinted ?

Straight from https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules

"If you’ve got tinted vehicle windows, the front windscreen must let at least 75% of light through and the front side windows 70%.

There are no rules for tinting the rear windscreen or rear passenger windows.

It is also illegal to sell a vehicle with heavily tinted windscreen and front windows."

I always thought that you were not allowed any tint on the windscreen but aparantly you are. emoticon-0112-wondering.gif

I've turned her off now but when she was on, she sometimes said "carry on for a long time". That always gave me a laugh but depressed me at the same time because it reminded me that I was still miles away from where I wanted to be....emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

I've been to Lossie in my RAF days......its a wonder she didn't say a long, long, long time....... :rofl:

• Like 1

for info i have a bottle of oil in the boot, a spare wheel and tool kit and a luggage net!

Ditto. Picked up mine this morning and had the mats too.

Couldn't help a wry smile when the salesman boasted the CD player was a 6-disc autochanger :giggle: :giggle:

Missing my previous car (elegance 10 plate) auto-dimming rear view mirror and strangely the maxi-dot gearchange recommendaton thingy, which now has in it's place (albeit top-left) a strange compass bearing notifier !!

The car is a beaut to drive though.

For those of you lucky enough to get a free spare wheel just check it's on a 16" rim as apparently some have come with a 15" and they won't fit on the front because of the bigger front discs and callipers, which would be a bit inconvieient if you were unlucky enough to get a flat front!

I've been to Lossie in my RAF days......its a wonder she didn't say a long, long, long time....... emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Its not to bad.emoticon-0136-giggle.gif I only live about an hour and a half away but I hardly go home, I just love having a crack with the lads at the weekend. I only really go home once a month or if there is a special occasion.

I noticed today that the R/H boot cubby hole has a first aid sign on it, is there supposed to be a first aid kit in there from new??

I also noticed that the book cubby hole right hand side was empty, I expected a triangle and first aid kit. Did anyone get these? I also got a spare but got charged £70 for it or I got the offer of foam for free as it was supposed to come without the spare. It took the spare

Straight from https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules

"If you’ve got tinted vehicle windows, the front windscreen must let at least 75% of light through and the front side windows 70%.

There are no rules for tinting the rear windscreen or rear passenger windows.

It is also illegal to sell a vehicle with heavily tinted windscreen and front windows."

I always thought that you were not allowed any tint on the windscreen but aparantly you are. emoticon-0112-wondering.gif

True, but in a lot of cases the windows are already tinted when the car leaves the factory, so there's not much more you can apply to the fronts/windscreen

Today's visit to test drive White VRS Estate Blackline BT62DLE @Lister's Coventry didnt quite go to plan.

Paul the salesman was excellent in his aproach and the test drive itself was enough to persuade that DSG is the way to go.

Unfortunately there were two issues that put me off the car.

1) It is still advertised as only having done 586 miles. Actual? 3900!

2)The perspex which forms part of the speedo/rev counter enclosure appears to be cracked and upon closer inspection looks like a scewdriver may have been used to remove it?

Not what you'd expect for a Demo vehicle with a price tag of £20k and 2 months old.

Paul was very apologetic about the above and offered several other deals which Im looking into albeit not the spec of the demo.

They are getting thin on the ground but Im just wondering if SkodaUK will introduce another batch as there are quite a few Silver Blacklines available that were not part of the Edition?

Search goes on...... ;)

20K for a demo- isn't that more than a new one with the VAT off? I appreciate you want a white one, but are you prepared to have another colour, rather than miss one altogether? My local dealer has a full back page spread on Blackline estates in the local paper this week- might be worth giving them a call? They're Savilles at Mustow green. Patric Sword is the best guy to speak to (he's the sales director and owners son)01562 777077

Today's visit to test drive White VRS Estate Blackline BT62DLE @Lister's Coventry didnt quite go to plan.

Paul the salesman was excellent in his aproach and the test drive itself was enough to persuade that DSG is the way to go.

Unfortunately there were two issues that put me off the car.

1) It is still advertised as only having done 586 miles. Actual? 3900!

2)The perspex which forms part of the speedo/rev counter enclosure appears to be cracked and upon closer inspection looks like a scewdriver may have been used to remove it?

Not what you'd expect for a Demo vehicle with a price tag of £20k and 2 months old.

Paul was very apologetic about the above and offered several other deals which Im looking into albeit not the spec of the demo.

They are getting thin on the ground but Im just wondering if SkodaUK will introduce another batch as there are quite a few Silver Blacklines available that were not part of the Edition?

Search goes on...... ;)

Sad truth is it will probably sell for 20k, given its probably one of the last of its kind for sale used at the moment and demand is strong for the Blackline.

My local dealer has a lovely 62 plate CR DSG (non Blackline) hatch, spec is probably just a touch better (Black wheels, Columbus, GSMIII, heated leather and MDI) but it had done 4k and they want 20k for that too.

I said if they dropped the price id have strongly considered buying it but they wouldnt budge and said now hatch production had stopped they would have no problems selling it (in fact it had already sold once but it fell through).

Luckily I got a white DSG estate Blackline (one of the supposed last 100) and saved myself a grand in the process.

I guess if you really want the car just play the game and say you will pay no mpre than 18.5k for it and walk away; see what happens.

It is worth noting as well that dealers cant buy their demos at the same level of discount as a customer purchased can on the VAT deal, they are therefore having to sell that car at 20k in order to retain a suitable level of profit in it.

20K for a demo- isn't that more than a new one with the VAT off? I appreciate you want a white one, but are you prepared to have another colour, rather than miss one altogether? My local dealer has a full back page spread on Blackline estates in the local paper this week- might be worth giving them a call? They're Savilles at Mustow green. Patric Sword is the best guy to speak to (he's the sales director and owners son)01562 777077

Yes. £300 more. Pitfalls of my car not coming up for replacement until April.Think the new Estate VRS isnt coming out until October and is likely to be £25k+(and no VAT offer).so well out of reach.This leaves me with scrabbling around for a non Blackline new one or Ex/demo-Secondhand.Weird thing is that when I asked several dealers about availability of Blacklines 3 weeks ago there was no mention of Silver and magically 9 appear from knowhere. Looks to me they are hastily swapping bits from standard VRS's and upgrading them to Blacklines in order to move them on.? (allegedly ;))

Skoda know there is demand and it makes sense. So the question is....are there more to come?

Will give Patrick Sword (great name) a call on Monday and see what brings. Thanks.

Sad truth is it will probably sell for 20k, given its probably one of the last of its kind for sale used at the moment and demand is strong for the Blackline.

My local dealer has a lovely 62 plate CR DSG (non Blackline) hatch, spec is probably just a touch better (Black wheels, Columbus, GSMIII, heated leather and MDI) but it had done 4k and they want 20k for that too.

I said if they dropped the price id have strongly considered buying it but they wouldnt budge and said now hatch production had stopped they would have no problems selling it (in fact it had already sold once but it fell through).

Luckily I got a white DSG estate Blackline (one of the supposed last 100) and saved myself a grand in the process.

I guess if you really want the car just play the game and say you will pay no mpre than 18.5k for it and walk away; see what happens.

There a few High spec non Blacklines available but out of reach. As for the Demo there didnt appear to be any room for negotiation and to be honest I was losing faith. Considering other marques now.

Ditto. Picked up mine this morning and had the mats too.

Couldn't help a wry smile when the salesman boasted the CD player was a 6-disc autochanger :giggle: :giggle:

Missing my previous car (elegance 10 plate) auto-dimming rear view mirror and strangely the maxi-dot gearchange recommendaton thingy, which now has in it's place (albeit top-left) a strange compass bearing notifier !!

The car is a beaut to drive though.

Oooh ! I will miss my reat view mirror too , i am trading in an Elegance `11 plate . Although i'm picking my new Blackline Est on 13 plate in Black Pearl and thought to get the windows and lights tinted so they dont contrast too much and maybe wont suffer from drivers headlights in rear . Cant wait.

Think I got a great deal on mine black hatch demo 1 month old 1500 miles on it for 17k was told no blacklines left and this was back in November so bought the parts managers demo funny how there are still some about today though.