Discounting taxi drivers and private hire companies, that is.

I wonder just what proportion of Superb owners are engineers (I'm one) - as a breed we are usually much more concerned with engineering and construction quality than brand and badge. VFM helps, too.

I am a Principle Engineer for a Telecommunications company.

I love the Superb because of he sheer quality you get for the money.

There are not many cars you can drive non stop from Bournemouth to Manchester and feel like you have driven from Manchester to Liverpool.

There are not many cars you can drive non stop from Bournemouth to Manchester and feel like you have driven from Manchester to Liverpool.

I'd get that sat-nav fixed if I were you. Oh, teacher, by the way.

Well at the moment I have two jobs/businesses. I am a pro photographer, doing weddings and portraits etc and this would be my one and only business as it is my passion, but sadly it doesn't quite pay enough to cover the bills so my other business is in Private Hire, I know you said to discount it but I am more a Chauffeur than a Taxi.

I only do upper class work within the corporate business world or on the odd occasion celebrities/sports stars etc. The company that supplies me with most of my work urged me to get an E-Class or a 7 Series but I refused to even think about it unless they subsidised the cost, of which there was no chance. They have now seen my Elegance and the Boss has even been driven in it and their attitude towards it has changed somewhat, for the better of course lol

Well at the moment I have two jobs/businesses. I am a pro photographer, doing weddings and portraits etc and this would be my one and only business as it is my passion, but sadly it doesn't quite pay enough to cover the bills so my other business is in Private Hire, I know you said to discount it but I am more a Chauffeur than a Taxi.

I only do upper class work within the corporate business world or on the odd occasion celebrities/sports stars etc. The company that supplies me with most of my work urged me to get an E-Class or a 7 Series but I refused to even think about it unless they subsidised the cost, of which there was no chance. They have now seen my Elegance and the Boss has even been driven in it and their attitude towards it has changed somewhat, for the better of course lol

So, you use your Superb to chauffeur around your `upper class` customers...very nice.

I chopped in a 7 series against my Elegance estate. The dealer still has it and apparently the salesmen are taking turns to take it home at night. Until it needs filling up, of course...

Certainly more rear leg room in the Superb than in a Merc 'S' Class, unless it is a stretched one.

Not so. My Beemer was a 750 iL (the factory 'stretch' model) and I was sad enough to measure it - the Superb has more space

Engineer titles are ten a penny these days. Used to work in a company that had ' sales engineers', aka salesmen. Think it was done to justify their salary level.

My uncle used to work for Laing and always complained about 'mechanics' who were actually fitters.

Anyway, not a true engineer here.

I'm chopping my MkI for a MkII next Monday and I'm an accountant. We're already planning to take it to Lithuania next June and this is the sort of journey it's built for. We went to Lithuania and Belarus last month in the MkI and clocked up nearly 3,500 miles. What car can you spend 10 hours behind the wheel and not feel stiff or aching at the end of your journey?