The Citigo Picture Thread.

BossFox

59.5 I regularly get that, infact I am disappointed if I get anything under 60. I have 75 greentech Elegance had it for a year now, work is 5 miles there and back usually around 62mpg stop start traffic no more than around 50mph

I am amazed that 90% of the cars in this thread are Elegance spec. I would hAve expected SE to be most popular.

I'd suspect that's more likely to be the truth in reality, but I think the numbers are skewed on here to "owners who love their motoring enough to regularly use internet car forums" probably more likely to spend that bit extra to get the elegance spec.

What do the 2x letters, 2x numbers and 3x numbers mean on Danish registration plates, pixel_viking?

Nothing. Its just numbers in a row. There are no area codes etc.

Recently we started over when we ran out of combinations :)

Thats why you see A as the first letter on newly registred cars in Denmark.

• Like 1

What do the 2x letters, 2x numbers and 3x numbers mean on Danish registration plates, pixel_viking?

Nothing :)

AA 00 001 was the first number plate AA 00 002 the second and so on.

A few years ago we ran out of letters/numbers and had to start over (some old number plates are still in use, so those are skipped).

Mine is AB 24 237

You can choose not to have the EU standard (EU flag and DK for Denmark) but then you need to add a DK sticker on the car if you cross any borders...

Thank you to 'the-toothfairy' and 'pixel_viking' for the explanations.  I don't know if you Scandinavians know (or are interested?) how our registrations work or not but here's a brief explanation of what's been in place since 2001, anyway.

Example plate: AT62 TDR

1. The first two letters represent the ‘local memory tag’ – where the vehicle was registered. For example LA to LY for London.

2. The third and fourth digits are numbers known as the ‘age identifier’. These are changed every six months in March and September. The easiest way to remember this is to think of March as the year and September as the year plus 50.    

For example:

• ’12? in March 2012 and ‘62? in September 2012
• ’13? in March 2013 and ‘63? in September 2013
• ‘14 in March 2014 and ‘64? in September 2014

3. The last three letters are randomly chosen and allocated to a dealership when the car is registered.

Edited by JimmyR
  • Like 1

I think the idea of people waiting a month to get a better number is a bit odd - the dealer's must struggle with having all that business moved to twice a year?

Here we have one large database for everyone to look at. You can see all the data about the car: registration date, model, owner, insurance company, how much you still owe on it and much more. This makes it a lot easier to buy used cars. If the car was serviced correctly (sticking to the intervals), you can see the milage it had at the latest service. This makes it harder for those who try to cheat by turning back the milage in order to fetch a higher price.

Many years ago, it used to be that a vast majority of buyers would wait till the new year so they would have a 2013 car instead of a 2012 car (for example) because it would be much more valuable when traded in.  Basically 'they' moved it to twice a year to stop it all happening on January 1st.  We have three spikes now instead of one.

What a great idea the Danish database is especially if anyone can look at anyone else's details.

What a great idea the Danish database is especially if anyone can look at anyone else's details.

The info is available to everybody. https://motorregister.skat.dk/dmr-front/appmanager/skat/dmr?_nfpb=true&_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vis_koeretoej_side&_nfls=false Choose 'Registreringsnummer' and type my number plate number into the search field (AB24237) then click 'Søg'.

This one: http://www.nummerplade.net/soeg/?regnr=ab24237 shows the same but also how much I still owe on it under 'Bilbogen'.

We have databases for many things - the value of every house and how much it sold for last and Income per house (I believe) - great if you are a bit nosy :)

• Like 1

We have databases for many things - the value of every house and how much it sold for last and Income per house (I believe) - great if you are a bit nosy :)

Haha :D

Like it

Cheers

Damo