Octavia 3?

Well with the big let down called the Rapid, when are Skoda going to announce the Octavia 3? My car's due for replacement in the next month or two, so Skoda need to pull their fingers out if they want to keep my custom,

Anyone got any dates & specs?

TIA.

Late this year. Expect a first viewing next year (early March)

Expect a larger, more expensive car

http://www.autocar.c...avia-set-geneva

Skoda has confirmed it will reveal the next-generation Skoda Octavia before the end of 2012, with a public debut taking place at Geneva 2013. Sales will begin in the UK in summer 2013.

Both estate and hatchback versions of the Octavia will be shown this year with a “special Octavia”, likely to be the vRS, due for Goodwood Festival of Speed 2013, according to Dr Winfried Vahland, board chairman of Skoda Auto.

It is no secret that the Octavia will grow in size and move more upmarket to make space for the new Rapid (prices for which will start from £12,900) in the line-up. However, Vahland was clear that the Octavia will retain its conventional layout and body shape. "We sell 450,000 Octavias per year currently. It’s a great model and there is no reason to change it dramatically, or include the dual boot-opening of the Superb. Instead we will focus on the 'simply clever' elements that Skoda does well."

No further details are confirmed, but expect pricing to rise slightly, even if the Octavia will continue to offer more space than its direct rivals.

Edited by LankyPaddy

Well with the big let down called the Rapid, when are Skoda going to announce the Octavia 3? My car's due for replacement in the next month or two, so Skoda need to pull their fingers out if they want to keep my custom,

TIA.

Don't fancy a Kia then? :)

TIA.

I was talking to someone from Skoda customer service today (I had a query about Yeti specification) and she told me that the facelift Yeti would be out at the end of next year, after the new Octavia - so not much help I'm afraid, but a vague timescale of 2nd half of next year :happy:

I was hoping to stay with the Skoda marque, but if it means moving over to Kia then so be it, I've considered going back to Audi & VW, but I think that they are far too expensive now.

What draws me to the Kia is the warranties & the reliability and reviews they've been getting recently.

I had an Optima 1.7CRD auto for a few hours a while back. A fantastic car with amazing spec but the auto box is a big step down from the DSG and it kills the MPG. As someone who spends all day every day driving, it would be a lovely place to sit.

After the shock of the Rapid, I'm getting myself ready for the distinct possibility that Octavia 3 will be both a disappointment and considerably more expensive. The puzzling and irritating thing is that the current Octavia range is now castrated, some of the best engines are gone, and yet we are still probably 6-9 months or more away to the new model availability.

Let's hope they do something about the boot so that rain water doesn't pour in when you open it.

Done that one. No more wet boot for me :) :)

£7 from Halfords.

I don't know why you guys were disappointed with the rapid. It was always going to be another boring sedan. What else could they do without putting it right outside the reach of the target market?

Rumours are November for the Octy 3 release. Waiting for the new Audi A3 and Golf to be released on the same platform, which happened last weekend at Paris. I'm just really happy I found a current scout to fill the gap.

I had an Optima 1.7CRD auto for a few hours a while back. A fantastic car with amazing spec but the auto box is a big step down from the DSG and it kills the MPG. As someone who spends all day every day driving, it would be a lovely place to sit.

This is the one thing that stops me buying kia. Old tech auto box. I always buy autos if i can and the missus prefers them also. Other than that a kia would be right at the top of my shopping list. As for rapid i cant understand the dissapointment, it has been touted as a budget car since it was announced. Why are people expecting more than this?? Its a good basic cheap car, no more.

It'll be time to move on the Octy for me i about 18 months (barring any big bills) and a 2yr old Optima with 5yr of warranty left is quite appealing. As long as it doesn't some with those stinking alloys I've seen on some of them.

CarAccessoriesPlus_Kia_Optima_Alloy_Wheel_1330510288.jpg

Do not like :peek:

It'll be time to move on the Octy for me i about 18 months (barring any big bills) and a 2yr old Optima with 5yr of warranty left is quite appealing. As long as it doesn't some with those stinking alloys I've seen on some of them.

CarAccessoriesPlus_Kia_Optima_Alloy_Wheel_1330510288.jpg

Do not like :peek:

They look good.

Kia have a new twin clutch auto box similar to DSG which is fitted to the Sportage, like you say though it kills the economy. Which is a little off putting, but if Skoda aren't going to come up with the goods then I'll have to look elsewhere.

The puzzling and irritating thing is that the current Octavia range is now castrated, some of the best engines are gone, and yet we are still probably 6-9 months or more away to the new model availability.

They are starting to build the new Octavia in November (when the first photos will also be released) I'd expect it to be here in March at the latest. The Rapid is due on sale here in November which is only three or four weeks after it goes on sale in CZ.

Am I one of the only ones that likes the Rapid? For the price it is a fantastic car (based purely on pictures)... But the Octavia 3 will be getting bigger and better equipped, so it might be the one worth waiting for.

No you're not alone I like the look of the Rapid and it's certainly on the list of candidates to replace my Octavia. Like the look of the 1.6 Se, I'm hoping in about a year's time he initial range might have grown a little as that is my planned replacement date.

Can't be long now, since its no longer possible to place a factory order for the current Octavia in any form. The only new cars available now are those in stock or finishing production.