Octavia 3?

Can't be long now, since its no longer possible to place a factory order for the current Octavia in any form. The only new cars available now are those in stock or finishing production.

When we were at the factory a few weeks ago, they had a fair few "test" Octy 3 floor plans about the place.

No signs of a complete one that we could see though.

Probably in the secret area where we weren't allowed :(

Spoke to a dealer today and he thought January in the showroom.

Looking at that last link, the rear half looks slightly different to the current model. I think the brakes are the same, just not painted red. Will be interesting to see what the new front will be like, as I like my fl front end.

Let's hope they do something about the boot so that rain water doesn't pour in when you open it.

Less polish.

Open the boot slower.

Lots of beaded water + a hatchback = water in the boot.

• Like 1

Yeah roll on the Occy 3.....looking forward to seeing that but more so it pushes the prices down of the current Occy VRS...my next car will be a blue facelift model TFSI with the DSG box.....I am saving up so hopefully within the next 18 months I shall have one :)

2006 Red Standard VRS TFSI 18" 64k FSSH - love it :)

I for one hope there is a slightly more powerful version above the vRS else I think I shall be off for something a little more engaging.

I drove a new petrol vRS DSG yesterday which didn't feel much faster than my diesel. I just wish they did a vRS-R including updated brakes a Cupra/Golf R engine and a slightly more agrees one look.

Doubt it will happen so I'll keep looking through the C350 Merc brochure and Ford Focus ST Estate

Edited by Moley RUFC

The only thing that will be 3ltr in the next vRS will be the coolant tank. No chance it'll have a 3ltr engine

I agree. It will be similar to the new GTI i would imagine which is plenty fast enough for me. If they put a bigger engine in it will cost too much and then becomes pointless. Its supposed to offer GTI performance with more space for less money. Why change from that. If you want more power look elsewhere but in fairness the engine could be easily modded for more power if required as it will certainly be forced induction. I doubt they will have a 3.0 6 cyl engine in the range in the next generation of cars, look at BMW its all turbo 4 pots now too excluding the really high end stuff.

I agree with that but then BMW get more power out of their units partly because they are not restricted by a parent group and its business model

How do they get more power? BMW currently have a 2.0 turbo 4 pot with 247 bhp. VAG have been churning out 268bhp on the same size motor for years. I actually think VAG and BMW cars have very similar power outputs for their respective engines. Look at Audi and BMW diesels, they couldnt be more similar and this is no coincidence.

I'm only going off what the dealer said. Said it was going to be larger and with a 3ltr engine. I'm not the sort who would go for it anyway.

I for one have been fed up waiting for the new Octavia and was disappointed with the lack of a diesel fabia vRS so I've jumped ship and bought a Hyundai i40 saloon. This is the first non VAG car I have owned and so far I'm impressed. I considered the Kia Optima which is in essence the same car, but the hyundai comes with 5 years breakdown cover compared with Kia's 1 year, unlimited mileage compared to 100k and 20k service intervals compared with the Optima's 10k (even though its the same engine!).

I will be the first to admit it is not as dynamic to drive as my vRS was but I spent most of my driving on the motorway so it does not matter much. I went for the the middle of the 3 specs available and I got so much kit for the money it was a no brainer for me. Ive got sat-nav, bluetooth, front & rear sensors plus reversing cam, i-pod connection, DRL's, auto lights & wipers, cornering lights, electric drivers seat, dual zone, auto de-fog, privacy glass and push button start. It even plays a tune when you get in and out, although you can turn it off if it annoys you!

Do I still miss my vRS? At times yes. I have bought Skodas for the last 10 years for the fact you get so much for your money and I love the way they look. But I feel the prices have started to creep up over the years and they are not as much of a bargain as they once were. Perhaps when my 5 year warranty runs out I might get a face lifted Octy 3?!

I for one have been fed up waiting for the new Octavia and was disappointed with the lack of a diesel fabia vRS so I've jumped ship and bought a Hyundai i40 saloon. This is the first non VAG car I have owned and so far I'm impressed. I considered the Kia Optima which is in essence the same car, but the hyundai comes with 5 years breakdown cover compared with Kia's 1 year, unlimited mileage compared to 100k and 20k service intervals compared with the Optima's 10k (even though its the same engine!).

I will be the first to admit it is not as dynamic to drive as my vRS was but I spent most of my driving on the motorway so it does not matter much. I went for the the middle of the 3 specs available and I got so much kit for the money it was a no brainer for me. Ive got sat-nav, bluetooth, front & rear sensors plus reversing cam, i-pod connection, DRL's, auto lights & wipers, cornering lights, electric drivers seat, dual zone, auto de-fog, privacy glass and push button start. It even plays a tune when you get in and out, although you can turn it off if it annoys you!

Do I still miss my vRS? At times yes. I have bought Skodas for the last 10 years for the fact you get so much for your money and I love the way they look. But I feel the prices have started to creep up over the years and they are not as much of a bargain as they once were. Perhaps when my 5 year warranty runs out I might get a face lifted Octy 3?!

Thats some spec. I actually really like the look of the i40. Korean cars are very tempting at the moment.

Because VAG see the Seat as a sportier brand than the 'bargain' Skoda brand

When did they say this?

The VRS is a sporty version. Plus i dont think the superb could ever be classed as a budget car, its far classier than anything wearing a seat badge. I dare say more powerful version of the engine will end up in new skodas and especially in the next VRS but they certainly wont be putting a 3.0 ltr engine it it. If they put the powerful version of an engine in a seat what have they got to loose putting it in a skoda? Nothing, but it does give them more marketing options. I would actually say the seat feels more like the budget option compared to skoda. The seat interiors are no where near as nice. I think seat is aimed more at younger people compared to skoda.

VAG have always stated that SEAT are the sporty brand right back to 2001, that's why they have the Cupra, Cupra R etc. We get a vRS and that's its which is less powerfull with lower spec than the Cupra brand.

Audi = Prestige

VW = Quality range

Seat = Sporty

Skoda = Cheap end of the market, offering good value for money.

Things have been heading back this way for a while, with the Superb having less equipment recently, cheaper carpet etc. The vRS is a sporty car, but lacks equipment found in the Cupra.