Amunsden Plus Bluetooth and Microphone install "How to"

Welsh_kai_boy

Yay!! Took the plunge and now have hands free communication. Was slightly worried when i undid the glovebox but all in all a very satisfying and worthy upgrade.

Many thanks to Welsh_kai_boy for his most excellent guide.

• Like 1

Well mines all working and well made up with it.

I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone will be able to answer.

Does the Bluetooth prep in the Blackline differ at all to that installed in an SE plus? Both cars have the same HU so would have thought that the SE plus also just has the BT enabled in the HU and not a separate module like most other Octavias.

Also do I assume correctly that the BT prep in the Blackline does not have voice control? I've found no way of activating it (holding the phone button etc).

Also is there any way to set which device connects to the car by default or is it the case that you have to manually pick and choose using the phone function on the Amundsen?

As I understand it the Blackline effectively has GSM II HFP only prep.

Another massive thank you to Welsh_kai_boy ! Did the install today and apart from mislaying one screw it went like a dream.

To echo other posters thoughts

1. You can route the mic cable without dropping the gbox or removing the a pillar.

2. Removal of the fascia trim is easy if you use the correct tools and take your time, I used the £6.99 trim tools from Amazon and they made the job so much easier

Thanks again, now off to call all my mates to show off my hands free ;-)

• Like 1

Hi I would like to thank 'Welsh_kai_boy' for his excellent guide for ordering and fitting bluetooth to an Octavia VRS Blackline, I ordered the kit last week and was delivered this morning. Now all I am waiting for is 1st March for my VRS Blackline.

• Like 2

just like to say thanks to H17YD_L for installing my mic and sorting out VCDs activation this morning

great guy, knew exactly what he was doing and a very neat clean job

thanks mate :)

• Like 1

Got my Bluetooth activated and mic fitted by ms autos in Reading. Great service although I suspect they made quite a bit of profit out of the £72 they charged me. No grumbles though as it was a job well done.

Now you lot have to the mod bug it's time to get HIDS fitted (£28 London colour) and Numberplate LEDS (£7) with beer money for the coding. Had all mine done last week. HIDS are amazing and LEDs look really cool and lift the back into 2013.

• 2 weeks later...

Big thanks to H17YD_L Hayden, sorted my Bluetooth activation this evening, connected phone on way home, played music off it, called home, without mic connected ( it needs the mic )

Was going to instal the mic at w/end, but got busy and now installed and working. Proper job

Cheers Hayden and thanks to welsh_kai_boy for the great talk though.

• Like 2

Fitted mine today easy when you know how ? Is it straight forward putting numbers in the phone book ?

Itll automaticly add them to the amunsden from your phones internal memory but not off your sims memory.

Hi just a couple of questions for a novice with a new blackline last week.

1...I tried pairing the phone using the owners manual to see if it might already be enabled and pressing the phone button just mutes the radio so not able to pair-is this correct so means needs VAG comming

2.The orginal link to microphone kit http://www.carsystem...only,id387.html says "Not suitable for vehicles from 2012 model year" im sure this has already been answered but will it be ok for mine which would be one of the last produced.

Kind of nervous removing The touch screen surround trim!

cheers if anyone can advise

Edited by Geestur

Hi just a couple of questions for a novice with a new blackline last week.

1...I tried pairing the phone using the owners manual to see if it might already be enabled and pressing the phone button just mutes the radio so not able to pair-is this correct so means needs VAG comming

2.The orginal link to microphone kit http://www.carsystem...only,id387.html says "Not suitable for vehicles from 2012 model year" im sure this has already been answered but will it be ok for mine which would be one of the last produced.

Kind of nervous removing The touch screen surround trim!

cheers if anyone can advise

I wrote the how to, you will have no issues and the trim comes off quite easily (some say start at the bottom by the ash tray).

• Like 1