Amunsden Plus Bluetooth and Microphone install "How to"

Welsh_kai_boy

Enabled my BT today with a vagcom 11 lead from hong kong.

All working on head unit but no sign of menu in maxidot.

Should there be ?

Turn the ignition off and wait about 30 minutes. Mine wasn't on maxidot for a while after enabling it but eventually appeared.

Woohoo! Finally! I have mine fitted.

A big thanks to Alex (on here) who kindly offered to fit. He's done a really good, careful job and the result is perfect - no echo and facia back as new. He even

persevered in the rain early this morning when he probably had better things to do.

Must say there are some nice folk on this forum, feels like a good group here.

Thanks Alex.

Is it a similar job to get the microphone fitted on a Fabia II - I would assume it's the same part as I have the Amundsen+ unit fitted? Just wondering as I did a search and couldn't find anything in the Fabia section :)

Hi there,

I already noticed that this thread is all about VRs and Amundsen+ but it seems to be the right thread to get an answer to my question. I just collected a new SE+ with Amundsen+ which already has BT enabled and a microphone installed however I am confused regarding what options in the MFD phone menu are supposed to appear.

ClemUK and Chapper could you please confirm which options do you see in the Maxi-Dot? I do not have any options to set up a connection from the MFD, also I do not have options to sort contacts by 1st name.

Thx

Is it a similar job to get the microphone fitted on a Fabia II - I would assume it's the same part as I have the Amundsen+ unit fitted? Just wondering as I did a search and couldn't find anything in the Fabia section :)

Pretty much the same yeah. Alistair at Unit18 is local to you (old wolverton) and should be able to help.

My mic took 3-4 days to arive via UPS.

Got it fitted in about 35 minutes flat at MS Autos in Reading. VCDS coding complete in 2 minutes flat.

How much did they charge if you dont mind me asking? I live near Reading so sounds like a good option as if I do the mod dont fancy doing it myself. Did you supply the mic and loom and they did the rest?

I currently have vag com (loaned from a mate) and based in Basingstoke. I do need pointing to which byte and bit I would need to activate for you

Also I've installed my stereo and parrot kit a couple of times if you need some help

Pip, I live in Reading and did the Microphone fit myself in about half an hour (including drinking tea). It's not hard and my trusty fish slice is to hand if you're not sure.....

• 2 weeks later...

Pip, I live in Reading and did the Microphone fit myself in about half an hour (including drinking tea). It's not hard and my trusty fish slice is to hand if you're not sure.....

Goaty do you have VAG COM? Likely to have the car in a week or so, would be good to get the Bluetooth enabled soon after.

A mate of mine has agreed to order the mic and fit it for me when I see him next; if that falls through might have a go myself but might need a hand.

First point of call is the VCDS owners map to see who's near you. I'm around half hour or so from Reading if nobody is nearer I'm happy to help out.

I'm in Basingstoke or Henley during the day

Morning all. All ordered if anyone fancies fitting for me for some cash I am in Aldershot hants.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^